Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 3,125

porto

Sunshine is becoming one of my favorite games of all time. Take back all the useless junk I said about it all this time, this game ROCKS.

I still don't like how most of the shine sprites are repetitive. Half the shines are just red coin missions, secret stages, or 100 coin shines. Even so, the game is such a relaxing yet challenging experience. I hope to get all 120 shines this time around

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

porto

@Snatcher if you're talking about the "Secret of Ricco Tower" shine, that was surprisingly one of the only secret stages I could do with no trouble. Almost every other secret stage is impossible (Looking at you, Noki Bay)

porto

Octane

Got the pachinko shrine on my second try. Not bad since it's been four years since I last played Sunshine.

Octane

blaisedinsd

Dezzy wrote:

@blaisedinsd

What do you mean by 'choppy'? I just tried it and they seam fine. The main difference is the pro controller has a higher sensitivity I think. Didn't notice much difference in smoothness though.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. I think my joy con might be having some bad wireless connection maybe, even seemed to miss some A button presses when reading messages too. It’s choppy like when the Wii sensor bar would have too much light interference or distance and it doesn’t track 1:1 but stops and starts and stutters on movements.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Losermagnet

When mario's model changes to the lower poly version in 64 it's so distracting now. I wasn't even sure what was happening at first. It's like he briefly turns into Lego Mario.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Octane I’m on my 8th attempt and still not got it. It’s when Mario is in the air and the game thinks he’s falling so Mario become a dead weight and starts screaming is where I’m having the trouble.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

blaisedinsd

I’m not gonna lie, I prefer Tomb Raider tank control platforming to Mario 64, I am going to try it some more because it looks better but I didn’t like it much in the 90s. I think Super Mario Galaxy is superior to Super Mario Odyssey and is one of greatest funnest games ever made. Sunshine I have only made it maybe 30 shines in before but it looks much better but I am not liking the FLUDD controls, I think they will patch in control features for this. Thats the least they could do as I sure hope they don’t just take the cash and forget about it and never update anything about it.

SW-7087-5868-6390

jump

@blaisedinsd it’s a limited run game so I’m not sure why people are talking future updates and DLC content for this. It’s pretty clear Nintendo are gonna forgot about it as soon as possible so support is very unlikely.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump The trick is not to think regular Mario controls. The level doesn't work like that, somehow. After you jump on the launch platform, you only have to use left and right to control how far Mario goes. If you don't do anything, you will land somewhere in the middle, so you have to pull all the way to the left if you want Mario to end on the left side.

Octane

Losermagnet

@jump I think there's always this desire and hope for more, and it's easy to have the possibilities overshadow what you're given.

Banjo-

@Losermagnet No, you don't need to collect coins in the Bowser levels. If you get 120 stars in the game you get a slightly different ending, dialogue changes a little bit and you can fly around the castle and see Yoshi if you load that save file.

Banjo-

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean Thanks for the reply. So glad to hear I don't have to do that.

porto

I have a theory about sunshine. So, the secret levels right? The background and design in them is so random. Well, I think that Bowser Jr. made them with the magic paintbrush.

Is this obvious, or what the game is making you think? Idk. Just something that crosses my mind while playing pinna park. I think I saw this theory somewhere on twitter but I couldn’t find it.

porto

Snatcher

@Apportal Ya I'm new to sunshine so i'm getting used to it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

My brother got his copy today. Guess that's a small positive.

of course I pre-ordered mine weeks ago and he just bought it yesterday but I'm not mad about that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean And that alone is a major challenge. I wised up though and realized that it doean't boot you out if you get the 8 red coins in the Bowser stages. So on the 2nd stage I did it all in the same attempt.

RR529

Got the Red Coin Star in the Wing Cap secret area in 64. Took me probably around 20 tries to do it though, and was beginning to wonder if it was even humanly possible, lol (at least you don't lose a life for falling into the abyss there).

I can definitely see how the cannon challenges could get irritating as it took me quite a few tries to land in the little cage in the Whomp's Fortress level (luckily I only shot myself off the level only once, though), and I'm dreading the penguin slide race. I only fell off once during the "trial run" to get the first Star, but can see how it'll be difficult trying to keep your balance while racing.

Otherwise the game has been pretty fun though, but whether or not that outweighs the irritating missions is yet to be seen, especially as I get deeper into the game. Currently have 15 Stars (5 Bob-Omb Battlefield, 7 Whomp's Fortress, 1 Cool Cool Mountain, 1 Secret Slide, 1 Secret Wing Cap).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Banjo-

I found another proof that motion controls are mandatory in Super Mario Odyssey, TAKING NOTES WITH A SPINNING THROW in Bowser's Kingdom.

@Losermagnet Yep, it's wise to collect red coins and then fight Bowser because the star won't push you out of the level. Same for collecting red and yellow coins in normal levels.

@RR529 Keep it up, remember you can speed up and down on the slides by pressing forwards and backwards on the stick.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic