Forums

Topic: Is Nintendo resting on its laurels?

Posts 501 to 520 of 543

FaeKnight

Oh look, stockholmSyndrom is at it again...

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

redd214

So grateful for the ignore button!

redd214

FaeKnight

Yeah, he or she has become the first person to make it onto my ignore list in a forum in 15 years.

FaeKnight

EvilLucario

I record a lot of my gameplay footage on an HDD on my PC, and sometimes they are MASSIVE at like 20+ GB per hour. So yeah, I need a big HDD personally.

But a lot of people don't record their footage due to lacking equipment or a suitable rig. So really most people just need 1 TB in overall storage imo.

32 GB on the Switch's storage isn't ideal, especially for digital games, but on the plus side physical games not requiring installs is pretty great, and you can expand it with an SD card anyway. Plus, Nintendo's own games are really small. Even BotW and Xenoblade 2 and Smash Ultimate are only 16 GB tops. Others like Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2's DLC are like only 2-3 GB or something crazy like that.

Really though if you want to be "objective", PC is the best platform out of everything, though it's because it has pretty much everything like Steam, GOG, and Origin (why), making every console "pointless".

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

You know, it occurs to me. Back when Doom and Wolfenstein came out, the Amazon pre-order bonus for games was still going. Now, it isn't. That might be why core games have dropped so much, since the majority of pre-orders for those titles may have been due to the discount, while now it makes more sense to wait a few months for them to drop in price.

link3710

rallydefault

Right now I'm running just an SSD in my gaming rig, only 500gigs. I game A LOT on my PC, but it's pretty much WoW, Dota, and maybe a few rotating Steam games. I've never really had a storage issue. I'm not a big pictures/movie hoarder guy, and these days all my music is on some cloud service or the other.

rallydefault

Octane

@Alantor28 If you disagree with something, please use the report button. That being said... I don't see what @Yorumi did wrong. So, let's move on, shall we?

Octane

TuVictus

you hear em'! Only positivity here, remember to take your joy

TuVictus

EvilLucario

In terms of positivity, if you asked me if the glass was half-full or half-empty, I would have told you it's completely full because the other half is filled up with air. :^]

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

Can we all have the same opinion please. . . Or I’ll use the report button

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

EvilLucario

@1UP_MARIO You don't like the thing I like? **** off! I HAVE A BIG RED BLOCK BUTTON RIGHT HERE!

1UP_MARIO

@EvilLucario I’m gonna report you. You’ll be banned. You never have anything lovely to say about Nintendo.

😉

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FragRed

@EvilLucario @1UP_MARIO That's it, everyone SHUT UP or I will report you all.

@linq I hate turtles. I'm reporting you

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfish Hey hey, I'll have you know that I spew random nonsense everywhere and people somehow take me seriously (or not). :^[

GrailUK

This thread title annoys me every time it rears it's head. If someone actually thinks Nintendo are lazy...then do us all a favour and go buy a PS4 and pester them!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SwitchForce

stockholmSyndrom wrote:

You cant handle criticism of your beloved Nintendo.

Then why would a fanboy post on here then? Those doing that has nothing else better to do so go and pickup a NSW and get gaming instead.

GrailUK wrote:

This thread title annoys me every time it rears it's head. If someone actually thinks Nintendo are lazy...then do us all a favour and go buy a PS4 and pester them!

They do that because they are no longer portable nor is their sales reflecting that it's NSW season. They fume over the very fact NSW is outclassing them. It doesn't require AAA games to be top dog here. It's called "Thinking outside of the box" and Innovative thinking. That someone PS lost long time ago when they killed off the Vita.

SwitchForce

Therad

MisterPi wrote:

you hear em'! Only positivity here, remember to take your joy

I tried, but the joy stopped working after two minutes and now the entire village is after me!

[Edited by Therad]

Therad

gcunit

I would've thought Nintendo would be more aggressive in their promotion this year. They've basically left it up to Sakurai since the Wii U ports came out early in the year.

I'm told the company has maintained decent presence in advertising, which may be so, but there just seems to be a complete lack of the "Yeh baby, Switch is coming at ya!" swagger I would expect after Switch's first year. Where's the push?

Hopefully they'll be pushing this down my throat in a few hours time.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FaeKnight

After watching that Direct, I'm thinking that Nintendo is resting on their "Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!"

FaeKnight

puNINTENDed

The Switch isn't dying soon with all that third party support. As much as the online service disappoints at launch. They also have a few big games coming next year. Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, hopefully Metroid 4 and Pokémon Switch.

puNINTENDed

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.