Forums

Topic: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - out now

Posts 101 to 120 of 192

NintendoByNature

I'll just wait patiently for the physical 😒. I upgraded my SD card to a 512gb, and after DLing all my archived games, I only have 57gb left, and that's not including physical day 1 patches I haven't DLed. So even though it's not all on 1 Cart, I'll still opt for it to save the space.

NintendoByNature

gcunit

skywake wrote:

The fact that we're forced to buy into the bundle and the price point they're going for make it a bit rough. $80AU on the eShop, no vouchers available for it as you'd expect and also there doesn't appear to be any aggressive day1 discounts for the cartridge (cheapest is $70AU)

If I could pick up Vice City on its own for ~$25AU? I'd be into that. I'd even be ok with the slightly lower quality of lighting you can see in the Switch screenies given it's going to be portable. Still way better than the original which I do already have on Steam (although looks like it was taken down?). As it is.... I'll wait to see what pricing on Steam is like or if the game gets split apart

I'm confident these will become available more cheaply over time. There's enough great games around to play without feeling a compulsion to Day 1 these. If it was a complete offering on cart then I'd probably change my stance, but otherwise it's relegated to the same pile as Bioshock, Borderlands, Wolfenstein, Spyro... thanks for joining in guys, but unless you're going to do it properly I'll hold off until the bargain pricing/used game sell-off kicks in.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

reporterdavid

@Slowdive Yep, today is the day. I already wanted to say something. Coming in real stores next month.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive Well it doesn't release for another 4 and a half hours (Xbox store says 3pm GMT release so I'd guess it's that across all platforms) and physical release being in December means it's not out yet in any form.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

reporterdavid

@Grumblevolcano some allready got the game. dont ask me how...

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

FragRed

@reporterdavid Sony apparently “accidentally” made it available incredibly early. More likely done on purpose I think.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone know when the reviews will drop?

MarioBrickLayer

StarFalco

Playing Vice City Fist. Excited to revisit.

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

reporterdavid

@YusseiWarrior3000
thanks. lets see how it looks on a Switch, by watching it on a Switch...
Untitled

Edited on by reporterdavid

Gerald

I find it strange that San Andreas has shadows but Vice City did not

Edit: now there’s no shadows on SA. I guess it must be daylight (sunlight) vs night time

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Reprise

Why does it keep telling me the game isn't available yet, when it's clearly out?

Edit: Never mind, it's working now!

Edited on by Reprise

Reprise

GrailUK

From what I've seen, this looks great. Very nostalgic and I dare say will sell a bucket load. Ah well, Fifa, Call of Duty and GTA back in the UK charts for the foreseeable lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

I'm happy. Started playing all 3. San Andreas does look the best out of all of them, but they're all a really good fit on the handheld.

Here's some pics I just took in my office 10 minutes ago.

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Reprise

Just started playing, but 10 mins in this is great. It looks and plays just as I hoped it would. God knows why people were bitching so much. I played Vice City on the PS2 just a couple of months ago and found it practically unplayable now. I'm glad it's had a decent update on modern consoles.

Reprise

Sisilly_G

Can anybody who has downloaded the Trilogy confirm the file sizes of the "Software data" and the "Update data" for Vice City?

This should give an indication as to what the download requirement will be for the upcoming physical release as I suspect that GTA III and San Andreas will be on the cartridge, while Vice City will require a large download.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

reporterdavid

@Reprise @JaxonH good to know. might get it

FragRed

I have spent about 2 hours playing Vice City which is my most nostalgic of the 3 and I just love it even in handheld. To be honest I’m not bothered bout the music though that list of tracks is wrong. Video killed the radio star is definitely there cos it’s in the logo for starters.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@Silly_G
Total size is 5.3GB for VC. Seems the same size as the preload was, so, Idk.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : I mean the breakdown between "Software data" and "Update data", not merely the cumulative size (which you can find under Data Management).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

JaxonH

@Silly_G
Software: 112 MB
Update: 5.2 GB

So it's as expected.

Physical version contains:

• GTA III (on cart)
  • GTA San Andreas (on cart)
  • GTA Vice City (download)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic