Forums

Topic: imMoRtaLs FEnYx RisINg (๐“–๐“ธ๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ)

Posts 161 to 180 of 205

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes wow. Glad you caught that. It happens all the time but I never attributed it to having motion on. I'll turn it off and see if it persists and get back back with you. Thats been annoying.

NintendoByNature

Pirate1

@WoomyNNYes @NintendoByNature
Not to offend if youโ€™ve done it, but have you recalibrated the controllers? That usually works (as a temp fix at least) for me. Tended to happen more in BOTW for me, but does on occasion with this game. Good insight on motion controls! But I do tend to use them a lot of the time.

Pirate1

NintendoByNature

@Pirate1 no offense taken.. yea I kept recalibration my controller since I thought there was an issue. But I think woomy is right. I bet the motion control is messing it up.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature @Pirate1 haha, calibrating is troubleshooting, perfectly good question. I never rule out user error either I have to admit, I totally forgot you can calibrate motion control.

OK, two things. One: I figured out the floating camera view is how the game is designed. Whatever direction the character faces, the camera will slowly turn to be directly behind the character. (which coincidentally creeps slowly, very similar to joycon/procon drift)
Two: I calibrated motion control on my pro controller. I also noticed my Y axis sensitivity option was 113%, not default 100%. So any left or right movement was exagerated.

So, much of my gripe has been resolved. However, I will say, motion aim on Immortals isn't that great, even after I've fixed things, it doesn't feels as user-friendly as BOTW or Splatoon 2. But I know, Immortals is not NIntendo. So, I guess it's as good as they designed it. Feel free to agree or disagree about how well motion aim works in Immortals.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Pirate1

@WoomyNNYes thanks for the details. I think I know what you mean. I feel like my movement is much more exaggerated in this game than others (when using motion control). My arms go all over the place as I flick my wrists trying to get the aim just right, but Iโ€™ve kind of gotten used to it. I find the gliding controls much more annoying and more difficult to get used to (even at 60 hrs+ in). Iโ€™ll have to check out the sensitivity next time Iโ€™m in.

Pirate1

Pirate1

Thereโ€™s a short demo out now (with todayโ€™s update) for the first DLC, in case anyone missed that.

Pirate1

jump

@Pirate1 is the demo only available to people with the game already?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pirate1

@jump you know what, it does look like that because itโ€™s tied with an update to the game, not a separate download. Apologies for the confusion.

Pirate1

Magician

Fired up my copy for the first time. Noticed patch 1.1.0 is live. Played a bit, up until the first charon coin challenge. The sprint challenge.

Software crash.

Ugh, switched to docked mode. "Please log in to Ubisoft." No. "Please log in to Ubisoft." No. "Please log in to Ubisoft." No.

Ugh, switched back to handheld mode. Turned airplane mode on. And proceeded to play a couple more hours. I like the game, it's good fun. But it isn't a keeper for the collection. Too much post-launch patching and log-in checking for my taste.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician hmm I haven't really had many issues with it. No crashes yet(knock on wood). And I logged into Ubi the one time and haven't had to do it since. I think if you login the one time you should be good to go, but then again I can understand why you wouldn't want to.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Yeah, the Ubi login in Immortals is a one-and-done deal. You'll never see it again. (Trials Rising, Rocket League, Fornite had same deal. (the latter two are epicgames, but same tactic.)

I think it's ridiculous they need login's. Although... maybe the login is there because of PC, multi-platform.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

I'd be curious to find out how many hours people have put or are putting in the game? I'm over 20 now and I've only gotten 2 essences(2 main dungeons). I could easily put 80+ more into it if I wanted but I'm getting open world fatigued a bit. I replayed botw in November so its starting to wear on me a little. Nonetheless, love this game.

NintendoByNature

Pirate1

Iโ€™m at 70 hours, 3 gods done, still so much to do! Really enjoying this, but did take a break after 60 hrs to play Outer Worlds, was great fun coming back to it after almost a month break

Pirate1

Mr-Fuggles777

@NintendoByNature I'm at about 15 hours but I havnt done any of the main dungeons yet, I've got 2 blessings so far (1 from Aphrodite and 1 from Ares). I've been running around doing the vaults and lootimg everything, although I'm feeling a little OP already - just smashed through the Achilles wraith lair and beat him without taking a hit.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

NintendoByNature

@Mr-Fuggles777 not bad at all. The game has so much to do. Though I find it odd ambrosia is so easy to obtain and upgrade your health with and lightning is sometimes tiring to get to.

NintendoByNature

Mr-Fuggles777

@NintendoByNature it's a fun game, feels like a lite version of AC odyssey.
I just need to work out how to get this new quest started because when I traveled to the marker in Hall of God's there's no one there to talk to.

Mr-Fuggles777

@NintendoByNature I haven't done the vaults yet, got some apples for Aphrodite and the Chicken gave me one just for talking to him.

Harmonie

@NintendoByNature I'm glad that Ambrosia (health) is obtainable outside of Lightning (Stamina). IMO, this is a bit of an improvement over BOTW, where when you completed a shrine you always had to pick between health or stamina. Some people make like it that way, but for me I always prioritized health, so I hardly got stamina increases.

The only thing I'm confused about is knowing when I can level them up. Does anyone know the specifics on that? I have yet to see anything that tells me that. I always have to go to the places to upgrade and see whether it lets me or not.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

NintendoByNature

@Harmonie for sure. It is nice, but it is odd it's right out in the open. I always chose health upgrades in botw too.

As for weapon/armor upgrades im assuming you're referring to? The only thing that's been an indicator I've noticed is when you collect enough of xyz in the top left of the screen it says " upgrades available." Other than that I don't see an actually tracker

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic