Forums

Topic: Football Manager 2018

Posts 121 to 133 of 133

SuperJoon

@Lroy I couldnt tell you. I think it was pure luck on my part. Just made sure I checked what the reports were saying, each team has weaknesses and strengths and just played to them.

Closed down who I needed, made sure they weren't getting time on the ball. Didn't manage to finish the season last night, got 5 games left and it's now within 4 points. Didn't help that 6 of my starters got injured, which included Randolph, and Konstantopolous just didn't cut the mustard, lost 4 in a row with him in goal making silly errors. Just getting my team back now, and results are coming through again, hopefully at the right time.

The main PC game doesn't launch until November usually with Touch and Mobile versions a little later in december, so that would be my guess. Porting to Switch shouldn't be that hard so if there is a 19 version, it should launch along with the others I would imagine.

Edited on by SuperJoon

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

kobashi100

Lroy wrote:

@SuperJoon Wow, well played. Any tips on how you managed such a feat in the League Cup and your strong push for promotion?

I'm now very, very close to cracking and buying this game despite previously convincing myself to wait for a discount or for next seasons' version to be released.

Out of interest, if there were to be a FOOTBALL MANAGER 19 TOUCH on Switch when would it launch? September?

Pretty sure it's October

kobashi100

Lroy

@SuperJoon Ah I see. So more like Christmas 2018 for FMTouch19 on Switch?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@SuperJoon If that is indeed the likely scenario, I'll probably just throw caution to the wind and buy FOOTBALL MANAGER TOUCH 2018 this weekend 😂

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@kobashi100 Oh, possibly October. Cool, will have one last think about it tonight and see whether I listen to my head or my heart, lol!

SuperJoon

Just finished my first season. Champions. Premier League and Europa League for my second season. This is going to be interesting.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Lroy

I'm in at last! Had some unexpected cash left over from a work bonus. Bought all sorts of games and an arcade stick with it. Saved the last few precious pounds for FOOTBALL MANAGER TOUCH 2018.

Will report back on my first season once I have had a chance to play it. Any tips on what to get right, straight from the off, is much appreciated. Like I said in the past here, I'm pretty much a newbie to FOOTBALL MANAGER but played loads of CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER back in the day.

Edited on by Lroy

NaviAndMii

@Lroy Welcome to the squad! I'd been meaning to post an update on my progress - but I decided to re-start my main (Ipswich) save using a glossy new tactic I created, so I'm actually a little behind where I was! ..doing much better this time around though - got promoted from the Championship with ease (although nothing to write home about in the Cup's) - and I've made a blistering start to my first season in the Premier League (4th in the table, W:7 D:2 L:2) with my record signing, Fulham's teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon, absolutely tearing it up! (10 games, 9 goals, 4 assists - and a division high average rating of 8.23!) ..praying that he doesn't get injured, because he's very much the linchpin of my side - but if I can keep him (and a couple of other key players) fit and firing, we really could be going places! **touch wood!**

My main piece of advice at the start of the game would be to try to move quickly on signings...of course, only sign players that you feel will be of use to you - but if you notice, for example, that you only have one Left Back and could do with another one, the best options might get snapped up by other clubs quite quickly (particularly in the first transfer window, where players are relatively light on the ground)

On the tactical side of things, I'd recommend keeping things nice and simple at the start...pick a formation - choose the mentality, shape, player roles and team instructions (based on how you want the team to play) - but don't worry too much about anything else to begin with. From that base framework, you can make little tweaks and adjustments to slowly fine-tune your tactic over time...but, in my first save, I rushed in and set up every little detail all at once - probably 100 different things - and found it quite difficult to tell which of those 100 things wasn't working! ..it was only after I stripped it right back - making just a couple of adjustments in each match (taking more of a methodical, trial and error approach and slowly layering my tactic up over time) - that I felt began to make progress (..that was my biggest mistake really)

Look forward to hearing how you're getting on!

p.s. RE: SNES Classic - I did some quick research and discovered a very easy way to add games to the console (I think it's against house rules to post the specific details, but the method is easy enough to find on Google) ..the cool thing is that your rom files will indeed appear on the SNES Classic's Main Menu along side the original games - with the exact same functionality (save states etc) - and you can even add box-art icons so that they blend right in! Definitely going to give that a go at some point - you've inspired me! If I can add the likes of Aladdin, Paperboy, Super Mario All-Stars, Sim City, Madden etc to that thing - I'll literally have my entire childhood in a convenient little unit! Haha!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Flukey73

Hi all
Just start FM on Switch picked Luton Town finding the game easy enough and the game has so much depth which is always nice. Has anybody had any results with changing staff ie going for a better rated Youth development manager etc. And from a lower league is it best to go with loan players ?

Flukey73

Switch Friend Code: SW-2050-2718-7426 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-3898-9556 | My Nintendo: Flukey73 | Nintendo Network ID: Flukey73

Danny-LFC

@Flukey73 I also started in the lower leagues, with Wrexham, so I didn’t bother changing Head of Youth Development. They’re usually poor at the lower levels and due to poor training facilities it didn’t seem worth it to me. I did hire a better Assistant Manager and Scout though, as I wanted more accurate results of player ratings and potential.

I would go with loans in the lower leagues. Your budget will be tight and income relatively low so it’s not worth using that on free signings that may not be any good to you if you get promoted. I always find that the loan players on offer are far better than the available free transfers!

Danny-LFC

Danny-LFC

Not been able to play FM for a while but managed a couple of hours last night. I’m midway through my second season with Wrexham, currently 1st in League Two, after winning the title on the final day last season in the conference! Board expectations are mid-table so doing better than expected but I am sure I will drop a few points in the 2nd half of the season during the inevitable dip in form!

I’ve pretty much revamped the whole team, signing about 15 players on loan during the summer window. A couple of players on frees as well but they’ve found themselves in the reserves due to poor form, and being massively outplayed by those on loan!

Danny-LFC

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.