Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,050

komodo182

@rallydefault Its fine if the gameplay loop is satisfying. But on my 4th playthrough I just couldn't take doing it anymore. Especially with the base. I feel the base made it worse for me.

I did enjoy FE3H, but overall its not my favorite fire emblem game. I've spent more time in awakening, path of radiance and radiant dawn (doing the same thing basically), but was less annoyed with the repetitiveness.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

rallydefault

@komodo182
Gotcha. I get sick of going back to the monastery, too. It's a little much with all the conversations and stuff. I think they nailed the gameplay feel though (as much as a menu-based game can "feel" lol); I don't mind playing the first missions over and over again. Then again, I've always loved the beginnings of RPGs before things get too complicated.

rallydefault

Snaplocket

@rallydefault I'm pretty sure players weren't expected to go through every route. Odds are they just assumed players would beat the game once and be happy with the route they picked, hence why most stages are shared between the 4 routes.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

komodo182

@rallydefault The monastery just seems like busy work to me so the game is "longer". The actual rpg elements of the game I enjoy. Obviously, I liked the game since I spent over 175 hours in it so far.

Grumblevolcano

With certifications, is the percentage given really the chance of passing or is it actually that everything under 100% is a guaranteed fail?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

komodo182

I've passed a 49% haha

NotTelevision

This may have come up already, but is a gambit necessary to beat the Death Knight? I foolishly wasted mine after a 1 and a half hour fight and that dude killed off the strongest in my party. I’ll give it another go tomorrow, but I’m curious to hear a good strategy.

NotTelevision

jump

NotTelevision wrote:

This may have come up already, but is a gambit necessary to beat the Death Knight? I foolishly wasted mine after a 1 and a half hour fight and that dude killed off the strongest in my party. I’ll give it another go tomorrow, but I’m curious to hear a good strategy.

It depends on which encounter it is, the earlier ones are intentionally hard. You can do a lot of prep by giving the students stat boosting meals, soften him up with gambit without fear of counter attacks, then try a faster unit with the effective knight combat arts in front of users with long range weapons for linkage and keep in mind you will probably have to sacrifice someone to get him.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@NotTelevision
Yea, unless you've super grinded your party members' stats and stuff, Death Knight seems impossible at first. Most players (including me) their first time through won't have a party near capable of taking him on the first time you see him.

rallydefault

NotTelevision

@jump @rallydefault Thanks. Yeah it’s the first encounter early in the game. I already took losses in my party so I don’t think I’m going to risk it again with the Death Knight. I tried and two of my party members died.

I’ll probably just kill the rest of the troops on the map and get victory that way. I’ll have time later in the game to get Dark Seals.

My highest party member is a level 17, so that’s not going to cut it.

NotTelevision

jump

NotTelevision wrote:

Yeah it’s the first encounter early in the game. I already took losses in my party so I don’t think I’m going to risk it again with the Death Knight. I tried and two of my party members died.

I’ll probably just kill the rest of the troops on the map and get victory that way. I’ll have time later in the game to get Dark Seals.

My highest party member is a level 17, so that’s not going to cut it.

There is an alternative to beating him where you use someone who has the steal ability (I think it's exclusive to the thief class) and just take the seal off him.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Enigminator

The only enemy that gave me problems was the Silver Clouds final boss.

Enigminator

Heavyarms55

So it's not really clear to me, will this new DLC dropping next month be its own route, or a side story while playing one of the other routes?

I started plowing through my Golden Deer run again, thinking the DLC was a new route, but now it seems like it's something you do during one of the original routes.

Or is it a separate thing altogether, not directly connected to the main story, like how Xenoblade handled the Torna expansion?

Do we even know?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

LzWinky

It’s not entirely clear. I think it seems to take place in the first half and supplements the path you’re on.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Heavyarms55

If that's the case then I'm going to stop and wait while I'm still in the first half.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

@LzWinky @Heavyarms55 A screenshot on the eshop shows what the main menu looks like after the DLC is available (Continue would be above New Game as normal):

• New Game
  • Extras
  • Nintendo eShop
  • Side Story
  • Copy
  • Delete

So the Side Story is completely separate menu option.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

It definitely is not it's own path, from what I've seen. It's gonna supplement by providing another little area to explore, a few more students, and a few more events as you progress through any of the regular paths.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic