Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 901 to 920 of 971

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir Really? I found Dimitri to be the least trustworthy of the three right off the bat. He seemed like two steps short of mass murderer to me.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 well yeah Dimitri is so, but it's like Claude could say a thing and then do another thing in the background I guess?

While Dimitri would be the one standing in front of you and honestly try his best to kill you if he disagree. He has that sense of "honorable" thing.

Admittedly I also think Claude looks less trustable but he's the one I want on my side if possible. I was sad I can't get him on my side even though I spared him at a battle in Black Eagle's route

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir I don't know, Claude really struct me as more prankster than backstabber. He might say one thing and do another, but I really don't think he'd stab you in the back. Dimitri did seem like the type to be open about murdering you, but I think you are right in that he would murder you and anyone else he disagrees with.

Although I do still think they are going to release a DLC where either all 3 ally together or at least 2 out of 3. I could see a more serious Almyran or Dagda invasion forcing a Fodlan alliance of some sort. They certainly allude to that sort of possibility. And there is nothing like an outside party crasher to make the locals cooperate.

Feel free to add me

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 Yeah that sounds like it will work. Then again there'll always be that Crest thing hovering behind I'm not comfortable with if it happens. (I really agree on Edel's view here, but man, the way we are doing it is kinda nuts. Not like I see any other way, really)

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir I think a war that forces cooperation could lead to a compromise reform at the end. Fernidand alludes to it at some point, suggesting a public education system and elevating the best performing students into positions of authority. I could see them ending up in a system where the nobility must perform well to retain their status and the crests just remain as an unfortunate advantage some people have. It would still be far from perfect, but it would be a serious improvement over a system where authority is simply passed down by birth.

Feel free to add me

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 Yeah that would work much better. Although I do hear about Hanneman's research... where it's said he's searching a way to give everyone crest? Where it would also pretty much able to let him take away crests like what is done to Lys. That way, with everyone having crest, it's also made it so that Crest system themselves are going to need to reform

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir Yeah there's another potential solution to be sure.

Feel free to add me

Edelgard

@JaxonH
Those villains you mentioned... most of them are poor comparisons. Either because they have a lot more interesting backstory than ''those who slither in the dark'' or they have other redeeming qualities. Those who slither in the dark completely lack any charm and it's clear that they mostly just act as a plot device. There isn't much more to it. I expect Fire Emblem to have a better written plot than Star Wars, which is basically a standard fairy tail in science fiction setting. It's poor writing even if it's by popular demand. I do hope you're wrong about people wanting generic villains though :/

Overall the writing of Three Houses is fine in my opinion. It's a very good step up from Fates.

Edited on by Edelgard

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

JaxonH

@Edelgard
The emporor had no backstory in the original 3 films. And I really don’t think he was more interesting. Btw, I never said anything about people wanting generic villains. What I said was people like clearly evil villains. I actually think it would be great spend a little more time on them. Could’ve been Edelgard’s uncle or some other character alluded to. But they had so little time in the game it really doesn’t matter.

I liked Jaffar and the Four Fangs in FE7, and perhaps Jaffar aside, they were all very clearly evil characters. But it would be cool to see a redemption arc like that again.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

msm2000

Anybody know if NG+ is a shorter affair? I've just finally completed my first run (blue lions) and am eager to jump straight back in to fill in some blanks. Only problem is my gaming time is limited due to work and astral chain is out soon.

msm2000

alpacatears

@msm2000 I definitely found it to be a shorter affair. Being able to spend your renown to buy support levels, improve your character stats etc means you can give yourself an early boost to your characters and progression. You can also skip a lot of conversations that you've already seen. I'm on my second playthrough and seem to be flying through the pre-timeskip content and I'd say once I hit the timeskip, it'll slow back down to take in all the new content.

alpacatears

Snaplocket

I do agree that TWSITD are the weakest part of the game. They pretty much only exist to be the bad guys in the first half and they really feel tacked in the one route where they're the final boss.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

msm2000

@alpacatears Thanks for the reply. That does sound like some bits can be sped up which will be helpful.

msm2000

Spanjard

Sometimes your enemies get negative effect because of your attacks, is there a way to see what these do? Seems like a waste not having such strategic info.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

One more battle to go. Chapter 21. I should finish Fire Emblem tonight, maybe tomorrow depending.

@Spanjard
I believe you can press X over an enemy to view their info screen, then press X for description context menu, then cursor over to the list of skills and effects on them. I'm sure its somewhere in there.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Spanjard

@JaxonH I think that’s what I tried but couldn’t find it? I might have misses it.

Maybe you can correct my thinking here, but is it so that if you once, in a month, talked to everyone and picked up every collectible there are no conversations to be had or collectibles to be found in that same month? Thanks for the answers btw, much appreciated.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
Correct. Really no sense exploring more than once per month, tbh. I do explore --> seminar --> rest --> rest when I need motivation up for everyone to start fresh the next month, or I swap the 1st rest with a battle if I need to level up. I swap it with a 2nd seminar if I am already at level and don't need the motivation for students (though it does fill motivation some for those who attend)

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

Welp, definitely hit a tough battle now. I think it's mission 18 or 19, I'd have to go back and check. I think I need to finally have everyone start carrying concoctions or whatever rather than relying on my single healer lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

Ya, that's the one I had trouble with I think. The two with the death knight around the 16-19 mark were brutal. Mainly because the death knight was brutal 😁

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

@JaxonH rather than resting, going to eat with your students are far better use of your time, and let you get professor rank to boot. (And eating will max their motivation as well. And increase relationship)

Don't forget to do the greenhouse to get veggies lol

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic