Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,049

Ralizah

Three Houses looks better with every trailer it gets. Really, really excited for this one, despite it getting kind of ignored in the excitement of all the new announcements and footage today.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Heavyarms55

I am so much more excited for this game after watching the Treehouse video. The game looks amazing and just the little sampling of the story has really whet my appetite. The fact that it all seems fully voiced in both English and Japanese seems awesome! I am so glad they didn't go with different "versions" of the game for each house as well.

Weapon durability is back and so are Awakening style abilities like rally it seems. Both things I like. Those weapon skills look interesting. I like the idea of special movies that wear out your weapon faster. Seems like a great way to give your characters more combat options.

Looks like they are really going all out with character relationships and customization options! From the looks of it, you can micro-managed almost everything! But it also seems like you can let things play out as well, if you don't want the busy work. Good to have both options. It looks like you'll even be able to recruit characters from other houses to whichever you support. I imagine only some though, otherwise the story would be a mess and it wouldn't make sense for your trusted Paladin to show up as an enemy in cutscene.

All in all, I really like this so far!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I am so glad they didn't go with different "versions" of the game for each house as well.

Yeah, that's the main concern I had originally .... Although I did like the Fates games

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JoyBoy

Knighty_IX wrote:

lol
Untitled

Good to see Fire Emblem is taking inspiration from bowling.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

Treehouse video has me HYPED!

Also, posted this in the Switch thread but I dont think there's many FE fans there. You lovely people may appreciate the info more

Seems this info for Fire Emblem Three Houses is legit.

Notably,

• Students lose their school uniforms and look more unique on promotion
  • There is a 5 year timeskip
  • Pretty much everyone’s look changes after the timeskip
  • The Houses will get much more antognistic towards each other in other paths
  • The academy remains important throughout the game buts becomes less relevant later on
  • "Part 1" has ~12 chapters, no word on how many parts. "Part 1 has a heavy focus on the academy, for example, while Part 2 does not."
  • There are four paths that don't converge. The fourth path is not a "happily ever after" path, and Edelgard gets two of those paths. One of them is a "neutral" path.
  • "Let's just say the story and character development are much, much better than Fateswakening. Major Jugdral + Tellius vibes with a little modern flair. Edelgard reminds me so much of Micaiah, but much more... ruthless."
  • "The school setting was just a facade for a much darker storyline. And there will be more than three countries involved..."
  • "From what I know (very little) of the story so far, I'd give it a 9. By comparison Genealogy is a 10 and Fates is a 2."

Also, per a USGamer article, the weapon triangle is gone, in favor of a more in depth combat arts system. And regarding progression of chapters, they had this to say:

On Sundays, the character player—a newly appointed professor at the Officer's Academy—can take a free action. Sometimes this means exploring the academy grounds, talking to students and raising motivation, completing the aforementioned quests. The school grounds contain a lot of side activities, from the Amiibo gazebo (yes, it is called that) to cats and dogs (I asked, and in the current build, you cannot pet them). Or you could hold an additional lecture, or rest to raise the motivation of your army. There are also battles, which can either be simple fights for treasure and experience, to lead-ins that set up the big battle at the end of every chapter and month. If you're indecisive, that's okay, as the game will notify you when a prologue battle is available and global player percentages will tell you what others have done in your shoes.

Here’s a great overview from Serene’s Forest

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/12/three-houses-gamespot-e3...

Take a look at the main characters in the War Phase of the game after the time skip. Legit.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Been watching this 12 minute gameplay clip and wow... The music, the presentation, the combat arts and new gameplay, the character designs and art style... I’m so hyped for this game I think of nothing else.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

The battle animations look so much better than the top-down maps. The difference in quality is kinda jarring.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

The trailer, the Treehouse footage and the Gamespot footage made me a lot more excited for Three Houses.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Dezzy wrote:

The battle animations look so much better than the top-down maps. The difference in quality is kinda jarring.

Typical for FE at this point. Echoes for example had actually quite amazing battle animations despite it being a 3DS game with barren and repetitive maps and visuals.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

@-Green-

I thought all the 3DS games had brilliant battle animations AND maps.

Echoes had fairly simplistic maps, yes, but they still generally looked quite good. I think it was because the pixel art sprites looked good on the 3D background, and they looked kinda to-scale.
I don't like the style they've gone with here. It looks dull and the scale is off.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

It reminds me some of the Tellius games, but not as ugly. I sort of disagree on your view on echoes, but that's fine.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Luna_110

Yeah, the trailer basically confirmed the leak (or at least, part of it) so it makes me far more excited for the game that I was before, to the point I preordered it. I truly was doubtful on getting it, since Fates's story really burned me out....
Anyway, I decided on going with Claude and the Golden Deers, for my first playthrough, since he seems far less unbalanced than the other two. Dimitri's going full warlord and Edelgard is giving me Targaryen vibes, and not of the good type.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

BruceCM

What leak, @Luna_110 ...? I'll probably go Claude 1st time, too but I'm sure I'll do all 3, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Luna_110

@BruceCM
I refer to the one posted in Jaxon’s post. It’s full of spoilers, though, so don’t check it out if you don’t want to ruin the surprises for yourself.
I couldn’t resist, though, I wanted some reassurance this was shaping up better than Fates.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

BruceCM

Oh, right.... Well, the official trailers have managed the balance of telling us plenty, without really spoiling many details & those cover everything there

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

All I’m seeing for this game now, is hype. Everywhere I go... hype. All the hesitation and doubt that was clouding this game previously... gone. Every site I go to and read the comments for, everyone is sold now.

BruceCM

Huh, I've been pretty sold all along .... Mind you, I actually liked Fates

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

I liked the gameplay in Fates. Pinnacle of the series (though Three Houses will surely have it beat).

But the story... man. The premise of the story was incredible, but that dude they hired to write the story for Fates- epic fail. I think they realized their mistake after release seeing the poor reception to the story, that they should have written the story themselves because honestly, the stories in their previous games that they did themselves were far better.

And I see this game as a re-do, of sorts. It kind of has that same “three paths” thing baked in, only this time it’s condensed into a single game and the story was written in house by their excellent writers as opposed to being contracted out to some anime writer.

Tyranexx

I can't speak for FE Fates: Birthright as I haven't played it yet (planning to), but the story of Conquest wasn't....Well, it wasn't bad, but some of your Avatar's decisions in the story seemed forced and/or poorly written. The gameplay was decent however, and some of the characters on the Conquest side were very memorable. Arthur, Kaze, and Charlotte were probably my favorites.

Also, I think the Conquest version of Azura's song wins by a mile.

I've heard the Revelation route, despite being the "true" route, is a train wreck in most cases.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic