Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Engage for Nintendo Switch

Posts 141 to 160 of 842

StarPoint

@JaxonH That is very true. Honestly I have been really keeping my eye on the Divine Edition just because I think steelbooks and artbooks are awesome. I do also think the game will be great as well, and regardless of how it reviews, I’m gonna end up playing it anyway.

Hopefully they get back in stock here in the US soon.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

ElRoberico

@StarPoint Nintendo has single-handedly restored my faith in deluxe editions. They're not insanely expensive and have incredible art books that put some of the ones I've paid for to shame.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Ryu_Niiyama

I do wish the DLC came with the divine edition but ah well.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

StarPoint

Okay, I'm sure this game is going to be great and all, but Edelgard's face in that new trailer is bothering me wayyy more than it should. Overall this game looks leagues better than Three Houses, but the character designs still just kinda bother me.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah that's a little strange, seems like it'd be a good opportunity to add that.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

NintendoByNature

Pretty much just coasting until this releases. Thankfully one of my most hyped games of the year is in January..not complaining 🙂

NintendoByNature

StarPoint

An English version of the "Welcome to the Somniel" trailer just got uploaded

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Primo40295

@StarPoint Somniel looks like the “my castle” from Fates on steroids and I’m all for it. Also, female Alear with a ponytail: 11/10 game! Map creation with online features also looks very promising for the overall longevity of the game. The game keeps getting better with every trailer.

Edited on by Primo40295

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

ElRoberico

Have they announced/confirmed which Amiibo are being reprinted for this game? I wanna know how much I'm going to end up splurging.

Pizzamorg

Why does this look like well… this, when Pokemon Scarlet looked like well… like that.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Grumblevolcano

@Primo40295 "My Castle" from Fates did come to mind, overall this game ever since the reveal trailer felt very much a callback to Awakening/Fates.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Because the two games have entirely different developers? And because Pokemon games likely have quick development cycles because they need to line-up with the roll-out of new merchandise, anime, etc.?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Because the two games have entirely different developers? And because Pokemon games likely have quick development cycles because they need to line-up with the roll-out of new merchandise, anime, etc.?

I mean… I guess, but both are making first party titles for the Switch, so you think both developers would be able to get the same out of the hardware? This is like night and day. I also thought Scarlet and Violet had been in development as far back as the time Shield was first released, so that game wasn’t thrown together in a few months. Although it is true that I dunno how long Engage has been cooking.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg A sequel in a series like this is pretty much "in development," in some sense, before the last game even releases. But that doesn't mean they had sufficient active development time to create a polished open world title, and delays would be a massive inconvenience to the roll-out of a new generation.

If the next Fire Emblem game needs a couple of extra years of work? No big. Just reshuffle the release schedule to accommodate it. The same would not be true of a new Pokemon gen.

I mean, I'm not saying we'd get something ultra polished and beautiful if they had more time. GF has never been a particularly skilled developer on a technical level, and has clearly struggled to adjust to the demands of HD game development. You could keep them locked up for ten years and they'd never produce something on the level of Breath of the Wild. But isn't it curious that Pokemon Legends: Arceus, a game outside of the series' generational model, launched without any major bugs or performance issues? I don't think that's an accident.

Also, to be clear, Game Freak isn't one of Nintendo's internal, first-party developers. Even if they were, though, it doesn't mean each developer would be on an identical level of skill in terms of game development.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Primo40295

@Grumblevolcano 100% agree, also after seeing the map creator this is truly shaping up to be a celebration of Fire Emblem as a whole and I couldn’t be happier.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

ElRoberico

@Primo40295 That makes me wonder if they may have been targeting an earlier release date for the 30th anniversary.

StarPoint

This Divine edition is impossible to get... I have an alert on my computer for when preorders go live but they sold out in literal seconds on Best Buy's website.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Ryu_Niiyama

New trailer inbound. I will post when the English version is available.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

I'm starting to get restless waiting on this game lol. Haven't been this excited for a release since xc3.

NintendoByNature

StarPoint

Oh my gosh, I JUST barely snuck in a preorder for the Divine Edition through Best Buy's website thanks to a stock tracker. I am so happy to finally be able to get my hands on the special edition!!! They seriously did not make it easy to preorder them.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic