Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,768

TuVictus

I can't wait to play FF X-2, that game has some amazing gameplay, and it doesn't take itself so seriously. Also eager to retry 12, because the first time around I couldn't understand or care about any of what was going on

TuVictus

Dezzy

Go and buy FF9. If you've never played it or any other in the series, just give it a try. Easily one of the best games ever made!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Maybe. Although that would suggest they think the same won't happen to 10 and 12, which seems wrong. Although I guess 12 is the most graphically advanced, but it's also the least popular of the 4 games by quite a way.

7 will sell the most, because it has the cultural and historic importance that makes it the best known. Although it's definitely aged the worst of the lot.

Eel

Dezzy wrote:

7 will sell the most, because it has the cultural and historic importance that makes it the best known. Although it's definitely aged the worst of the lot.

Yes that's why I found it odd.

Between 7 and 9, 9 is the more refined and easy on the eyes. So for the regular non-fan player, it would seem like a downgrade going in that order.

Though I guess both games are already in the "mostly just for the fans" category.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Well 9 is more advanced in its technical side. It has the same character models on the field as it does in battle. Those 3D models were updated for the PC version, which means they look quite good by modern standards. It also was made for the analog stick so you can move in all directions on the maps. So for all intents and purposes, it plays very much like a modern game still. The only drawback is the low resolution backgrounds, but that will look fine if you play in handheld mode rather than on a big screen.

Eel

@ReaderRagfihs Well, it's not like it's the exact same version, I think it's like 15-20 in mobile and steam too.

SE tends to value their games highly, too.

Edit: yeah what Dezzy said too

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Think there's any hope for Tactics?

Also, why $20 for FF9? Isn't it like $10 on the PS Store?

It's not much different than Nintendo charging £8 for SNES roms on the 3DS.

The Final Fantasy games are huge. You can get 100 hours out of each of them if you go completionist.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@ReaderRagfihs

100 hours easily in FF10 and FF12. Those both have tons of endgame content so you can go for ages.

100 hours would probably be 100% completion for 7 and 9 though. Maybe a bit shorter. Maybe 80 hours.

Magician

No physical release, so I'm not interested. I already have VII, VIII, IX, and Tactics digitally on my PSP and PS Vita. But I'm all in for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, FF X/X-2 (triple dip), and FF XII. No word on a physical release for Crystal Chronicles though.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

For those of us who are finding themselves planning for more digital storage due to releases like this, what's the FF IX download currently clocking in at?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Glitchling78

Blitzenexx wrote:

For those of us who are finding themselves planning for more digital storage due to releases like this, what's the FF IX download currently clocking in at?

It’s 4.9gb

Bought it immediately last night. It’s my favourite FF and will make an excellent game to play on the exercise bike.

It’s a shame it’s a direct port of the PC/mobile version though as the prerendered backgrounds are a still a bit of a mess compared to the HD models but hopefully it’s something I can just tune out.

Glitchling78

Eel

I got it too, managed to get about 25% off with gold coins.

Main impressions:

• Nice clear models. So nice they look out of place.
  • FMV sequences look very good.
  • Has built-in cheats via the pause menu. (Example: double speed mode, battle assist mode, etc).
  • Backgrounds are blurry and low res.
  • Elements with motion in the background look bad, specially when they’re meant to be people and there’s actual characters in the same scene.
  • Battle background textures aren’t as nice as the character model textures.
  • The one battle I’ve been in so far took a long time to load.
  • Movement can get confusing, the analog stick can change orientation when you go inside buildings.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

DeionG

why is 9 not stretched out to the whole screen. those grey sidebars are to big and to annoying. the ipad version looks great as they made it to fit that device. not sure why they didn't do the same to the switch. i hope. x or 13 are like this or i'll have to cancel my pre orders. not happy at all with the side bars.

DeionG

DeionG

not at all. the ios version looks pretty decent when cast to the tv with apple tv. and i have the big ipad pro and it looks great on the ipad as well. so that cant be it at all... the graphics on the switch dont look half as good as on ios and the ios version is a bit smaller then on the switch. they had those assets from ios so they could have done a better then half hearted attempt.

DeionG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic