Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,768

NintendoByNature

On the topic Final fantasy x-x/2 for switch is $29 on Amazon u.s. right now. Needless to say, I immediately ordered it😊

NintendoByNature

JoeDiddley

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I’m even more daunted now beginning with X, not a lot of love for it expressed here. But I’ll give it a whirl hearing not one game represents the series, seeing as it’s been in my backlog since the autumn. I picked it up for only £22.

And then I’m looking forward to trying VI one day too.

[Edited by JoeDiddley]

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

BruceCM

Yeah, that's great, @NintendoByNature.... It certainly didn't stop you enjoying it, either Fortunately, IX is easier, in it's systems & the bosses Not too easy but not the sorts of difficulties you had with vii. Assuming you do most of the optional bits along the way
I love FFX, @JOEDIDDLEY.... You might end up liking it, too

[Edited by BruceCM]

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

I just wish the new FF VII remake wasn't 60 friggin dollars! Just imagine if this thing ends up being 5 or more episodes! That's gonna be one damn expensive game once it's fully completed at 60 dollars each!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

JoeDiddley

@BruceCM thanks, I hope so! I’ve just completed the game I was playing so I’ll start it tomorrow.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

I completed it in 4 days and then sold on ebay for 90% of the original price. You should do the same!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

@JoeDiddley, just for the record, I love X, to the point that it's one of my favorite games of all time.

To be fair, there's a lot of nostalgia going on because it was the JRPG I played to really get into the genre (I had played a couple Pokemon & Mario JRPGs before, but I was playing them because of the IP, and it wasn't until I played Kingdom Hearts that I started to purposefully seek out similar games, which started with FFX), but I played it for the first time in over a decade on Switch and I still loved every minute of it, and I'd say it holds it's own amongst the best games on the system.

I think it's a great jumping on point too, both because of it's linearity, and because I think it's mechanically simpler than a lot of other JRPGs (it has a no frills turn based combat system, and it only has two equipment slots per character to worry about). It has an engrossing & touching narrative, and it uses some really dynamic camera angles & unique gimmicks during boss fights that make them more exciting than anything else I've experienced in a turn based game.

BTW, don't worry about the "Dark Aeons" @Anti-Matter mentioned. They are endgame superbosses that you aren't required to fight. There is one optional summon that can be locked behind some of them if you miss something on your first time through certain areas, which is what he was referencing.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

I did look into that a while ago. The only problem is that the quality is extremely varied. Some backgrounds look incredible, as if they were created in HD from the start. Others look like the AI had stroke and just vomited out pixels.

It was a while ago I checked it out though. Maybe it's improved since then?

darkfenrir

@Dezzy huh I didn't know about the fact there's some that looks ugly as sin. Hopefully they do improve those then... (I replayed ff9 before this mod happens so I kinda is more relaying on the information I got from articles)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Yeah, they selectively use all of the backgrounds that look awesome for their media promotions. That one of the Dwarf Village on the main site is WAYYY better than most though. Most don't look anywhere near that good.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy feelsdisappointedman.jpg

Oh well, guess that's how it is I guess

darkfenrir

NintendoPok

@Zeldafan79 good thing i got the Deluxe edition for free on amazon because im a prime member and when i was living in CA they where frickin charging me for shipping all this time!

NintendoPok

NintendoPok

also i will take X>7 any day it was my first final fantasy! i went backwards after that vii then 6 then IV.

7 had the worst combat of all FF. like four shoulder buttons to escape while running in place with not a 100% guarantee escape?!??!

i love the remake but P5 Royal is taking my time away from it

NintendoPok

NintendoByNature

@NintendoPok sweet! I am starting to drown myself in final fantasy games lol. Probabaly a good thing I would imagine 😁

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

NintendoPok wrote:

7 had the worst combat of all FF.

I dunno, I understood the appeal of using various characters, so I put it above VI, where I'd be more than happy to not use a 1/3 of the cast in battle ever.

Though I do agree that X has much better combat.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

I'll be playing that as soon as it arrives for my Switch Lite, too, @NintendoByNature .... Ordered physical, so it might be a day or 2 later than usual but I'll post about it!
Cool, do keep us posted, @JoeDiddley!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic