Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Error 2123-1502

Posts 81 to 100 of 202

jedgamesguy

It happened to me a while back and I couldn't download a game. It happened two days ago when I tried to download Ōkami HD, but it fixed itself quite soon. Hopefully this becomes a fleeting issue.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zeldafan79

I just tried again and still no luck. Spamming continue doesn't work for me either. I even attempted to download a really small game and nope instant fail. I've put in several different DNS codes too. It'll connect to the internet no problem but the eshop might as well be Miiverse at this point.

Well back to my trusty Wii U. Never had that problem with everybodys most fun to hate on console.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

hybridseed

I've got 2 Switch's that are both getting the above error code, a Lite and an O G, I've tried all the fixes and nothing fixes the problem - I'm connected to the internet but can't download anything.. Tried the Game Workshop demo last night on my original Switch and there's an empty square that can't gather any software information, I hope they fix this soon..

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zeldafan79

Yeah I'm going crazy here! I've got games to play but no way to download them until they release another patch to fix the screwed up firmware. Of all the times for an update to mess up the eshop. Right before E3. Ugh!

Cissero

This is so annoying. Hope they fix it soon. Got a game to 92% downloaded and that was as far as it got..

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

Henmii

I installed the update today in the hope that the problem was solved, but nope. For your information, I had this problem already before I installed the update.

I wanted to download 3 demo's
It failed
Then I saw there was a update ready to install
I read the problems on this site, so I waited
Today I installed the update
Still can't download these demo's

Nintendo has to solve this soon if they want some solid "E3 50% off" sales!!

Henmii

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

I just contacted Nintendo Support about this. I hope it gets resolved soon!

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

WoomyNNYes

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir wrote:

I just contacted Nintendo Support about this. I hope it gets resolved soon!

You called Nintendo of America support? Do they say when to expect a resolution? Or just, "we're working on it"?

Tell me more. I'm sure they're not happy about it either, but I'm genuinely interested to hear their status.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Cissero

Guys/gals, redownloading a game via the eshop window worked for me. From here on i just clicked start download on the other games and everything went smoothly. GL!

Edited on by Cissero

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

I am still getting Error 2123-1502 on my original Switch. I tried updating the Super Famicom (Japan) NSO app, but it didn't work no matter what. I then tried downloading it to my new Switch Lite, bought just a few days ago. I got the error once but then was able to download it just fine after that. I was able to download the Famicom (Japan) NSO app, too. I then used my Switch Lite to update those apps for my regular Switch. Not an ideal situation, but at least it worked.

I also got a new micro SD for my new Switch Lite. It prompted me to download a system update before I could use the card. I downloaded the update, and the card worked just fine. It sounds like some people have been having trouble with new micro SD cards, but I didn't have any.

It seems strange that I would have so many problems with my regular Switch, purchased in August 2018, but hardly any with my Switch Lite purchased just a few days ago in June 2021. I didn't have to change my DNS settings on my Switch Lite or restart it or choose "Continue" multiple times to get it to work. They use the same exact wireless network.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Reprise

Has Nintendo acknowledged this is a problem yet?

Reprise

rockodoodle

Reprise wrote:

Has Nintendo acknowledged this is a problem yet?

They have acknowledged it…. I just wonder if they understand that their solution ain’t working!

rockodoodle

MsJubilee

Somewhat happy I'm not the only one facing this problem. I just noticed it till now.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blooper987

Well, guess katamari and dragon ball are gonna have to wait for a while to download

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

klingki

Interestingly, I think I had the same problem you all are describing, but like a year or two ago. There was much less information about it circulating on the Internet at that time, as it wasn't widespread, but I tried all the same solutions that everyone here is mentioning (change DNS settings, initialize without deleting save data, etc.) and nothing worked.

What did work for me in the end was turning my Switch all the way off (not just pressing power to go into sleep mode, but all the way off off) for about 2 days without touching it. When I powered it back up after its 2-day slumber, everything downloaded just fine. I don't know if turning it off fixed the problem, or if Nintendo just did something on the backend during those 2 days, but at least that's what worked for me.

klingki

Zeldafan79

@klingki

If only it were that simple. More than likely it's not going to work until they put out the next patch but if downloads aren't working i wonder what good the patch will do since it has to be downloaded. This better get fixed soon or Nintendo is going to get bombarded with angry phone calls.

klingki

@Zeldafan79 The hope is that the problem is not inside your Switch, but rather in the way your Switch interacts with Nintendo's servers. If that's the case, then Nintendo can just fix the problem on their end, no downloads necessary. Let's hope they get on top of it quickly!

I downloaded 2 games from the eShop last night, but since I have no space on my SD card, I just canceled the downloads right away. I wonder if they would have worked had I let them go...

klingki

Henmii

Nintendo boss comes on the stage: "I understand you people can't download games anymore? Well from now on you need this (shows Switch2). Downloading games on older Switch systems has been suspended. Please UNDASTAAAAND!!"

Henmii

Zeldafan79

@Henmii

LOL exactly!

Chosies

Solved. Go into settings, then system, then formatting options, then just clear the cache. Try downloading now and it should work 👍

Chosies

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic