Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Error 2123-1502

Posts 61 to 80 of 202

Hiddenplayer

I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE IT!!!
First you open the game if it says update just press start software then it will come up as needs a update then click it then you won't get the error code.

Hiddenplayer

anxaro

Hi! I’ve been having this exact issue too; tried downloading the update for MK but the error-message kept popping up (I’m on 12.0.3). I tried a lot of the tips written here and none of them worked- then I just spammed the Update-Button over and over again and it suddenly worked. Such a weird issue tho. Btw, I think that it’s amazing that you all are trying your best to help each other out, seems like a great community.

anxaro

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Just contacted Nintendo support again to let them know I and others are still experiencing this issue. I can't download any more game updates on my Switch. I've tried everything again, but nothing seems to work. Not even spamming "Continue" on the download screen numerous times. I've tried restarting, changing my DNS settings, resetting my router and modem, etc. Nothing has worked for me today.

I've said this before, but I've gotten this error every day since at least last Thursday (June 3rd), which is several days before System Update 12.0.3 even came out. Unfortunately, the System Update seems to have broken things for more people.

It might be coincidence, but I haven't gotten this error on my brand new Switch Lite yet. I haven't downloaded much on the Lite, so that could be one reason, though, but maybe it's more likely to affect older Switch models? I don't know. Just putting that out there. I got my Switch Lite yesterday, and it's the newest one, the Blue color.

Edited on by Hyrule_Rainclouds

Hyrule_Rainclouds

MarioVillager92

@Hyrule_Rainclouds Just curious. Does your Switch Lite have version 12.0.3 right off the bat?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

lesgotobrazil

As a refresher, this has been happening due to nintendo removed a network application thanks to an error with the e-shop. Which is stupid since I was having no problems with it. Hopefully they implement something new very soon. Im going on vacation and rather not sit through cable tv.

lesgotobrazil

Hyrule_Rainclouds

@MarioLover92 No, my Switch Lite did not have System Update 12.0.3 from the start. I did download and install it, though. I actually had trouble downloading System Update 12.0.3 for my regular Switch and had to use public Wi-Fi to get it. But it downloaded on my Switch Lite at home just fine. I can even connect my Switch Lite to the Internet in our back bedroom and download games and updates, which I can't do with my regular Switch.

I got my regular Switch in August 2018, so it's a Ver. 1 model but not a launch model. Again, I don't know if any of this makes a difference. I think I've read that people with a Switch Lite have been getting the error, too. It just seems weird that my Switch Lite works on System Update 12.0.3 with the same Internet setup but my regular Switch doesn't.

Might try to experiment more with my Switch Lite to see if I get the error.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Reprise

I don't see how it can be unrelated to the update though, at least for some people. Maybe they have changed some things to do with the network, which has caused some issues for some users, but I didn't have any problems downloading patches or games until the update was installed today. There might be an element of it being coincidence, however downloads were definitely working for me up until at least a couple of days ago (I'm pretty sure I had some patches downloaded on Tuesday and I bought some DLC at the weekend). I definitely haven't had issues for a week like some users. First time I noticed it was today.

Reprise

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Just wanted to mention that I tried downloading a different game to my Switch Lite. I did get Error 2123-1502 once on my Lite, but it seems to be working fine after that. Still downloading at least. Just seems strange to me that I would have so much trouble with my regular Switch and hardly any with my new Switch Lite.

And I think System Update 12.0.3 did mess things up for a lot of people! Sorry if I implied differently or seemed to imply differently. I just wanted to say that I started having this issue last week, so the issue was there for at least a few people from before. I had never gotten an error like this until last week and have hardly gotten any errors at all since getting a Switch. Nintendo did some maintenance last week, I think?

I first got the error when attempting to download the preload for Game Builder Garage. Not sure if it seems to affect newer-release games more, or at least it was that way before System Update 12.0.3, and after System Update 12.0.3, it now affects all game and game update downloads? Just trying to see if there's a pattern, I guess.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Heavyarms55

Even if it's not because of the update, it must be related. Had anyone ever even heard about the error until just a few days ago? I can say I had never seen it on my Switch that I've had since launch until right after the update.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

All right, so I ended up getting the update installed. Thankfully, my Switch has been working a-okay aside from that downloading issue. I went to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but apparently I didn't get its latest update, which it had trouble downloading. There was an X on its progress bar. I cleared the cache and keyboard data, restarted the console, and it was able to install the MK8D update. Played the online multiplayer for a good while afterward. I played Animal Crossing: New Horizons as well, and was able to send some items to my bro (we're on each others' in-game friend lists).

Out of curiosity I did try to download the demo for Game Builder Garage. It did end up on the home menu (no error codes), but that same X came up. Restarting didn't fix it either - perhaps I'll need to start the download again later. I do have it archived currently.

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, that seems to be a brand new problem. I'm sure Nintendo is aware of this, so hopefully they'll have a new update that fixes this soon enough.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 just FYI, as silly as it sounds, relying the download over and over did work for me. And it was MK8 as well.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Hyrule_Rainclouds

As I've said in this topic, I started getting the 2123-1502 error last week, around June 3rd or so, a few days before System Update 12.0.3 even came out. So it was known/experienced by me at least before the System Update. I did contact Nintendo's support on Sunday to let them know I was getting this error and having trouble downloading. At the time, I had been trying to download the preload data for Game Builder Garage. I thought it was an issue related to Game Builder Garage only, but then I was unable to download a game update, as well. Nintendo had some kind of maintenance on June 3rd or 4th, and I wonder if it was related to that.

I tried finding info about Error 2123-1502 last week, but I couldn't find anything. It wasn't even listed on Nintendo's support page then (I tried doing a search for that Error Code on several different Nintendo sites like Nintendo in Japan, Nintendo of America, Nintendo Australia, etc., but nothing came up). So this does seem to be a new issue, but it preceded the update for me, at least.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Patchedmonkey

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I went into my network settings and manually set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google's primary DNS)

So
System settings > internet > internet settings > select your network > change settings > DNS settings
Set to manual
Enter 8.8.8.8

Patchedmonkey

JoyBoy

So any confirmation from Nintendo about this error? I still have the same problem with not being able to update/install stuff.

I hope this get fixed before the sale lol?

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Kmet

I had the same problem, can't download. The problem disappeared when I change to Dark Mode. Then try 2 times start download and happen.

Kmet

lesgotobrazil

Still having this issue. This is Day 3 of me having this. Seems like Nintendos servers from 1880 are still just as bad as always.

lesgotobrazil

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Great. I tried changing my DNS to what you recommend, and it does not work. Now when I try going into the Eshop I get error code 2811-1006 as well as 2123-1502. And after changing my DNS I get error code 2155-8006. JUST TO MUCH ERRORS

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Zeldafan79

Still getting the error. Madder than a wet hen! I just spent 40 bucks and it's useless because nothing will download. Why'd they even put the update back up if it's not working? 😡

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

pilot

Im getting this error which is pretty frustrating for me right now because I just got a new game that I want to play and it won't download. Also a lot of game updates that need to happen. Anyone know when this will be fixed?

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

MarioVillager92

@pilot We currently don't know, but hopefully soon. Preferably before the inevitable E3 sale. I've been getting that error when attempting to download the Game Builder Garage demo. (I did spam "Continue" and after a number of tries, it worked.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic