Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Error 2123-1502

Posts 61 to 80 of 222

Slowdive

I don't believe it has anything to do with the update itself, but rather the network changes Nintendo made (removal of TLS 1.3). Of course it could be an issue further complicated by the update, but on its own it shouldn't be an issue as it was checked by the modding community for oddities. Before the update was even released people already had issues with downloading.

Edited on by Slowdive

lesgotobrazil

@Slowdive I just hope that they do something to fix it within the next couple of days.

lesgotobrazil

Hyrule_Rainclouds

I started having issues last week. I did contact Nintendo support in Japan and the U.S. last week to let them know I was getting Error Code 2123-1502 and couldn't download anything. It started for me when I tried to download the preload for Game Builder Garage, so I thought it was somehow related to that. But then I had trouble downloading an update for a game, as well.

This is so frustrating! Even though I was finally able to download Game Builder Garage this morning and download a couple of game updates, I'm back where I started--keep getting Error 2123-1502 and can't download any other updates. I'll probably try to contact Nintendo again tomorrow just to let them know I'm still having trouble as are others. But it sounds like support is pretty busy with reports on this.

Hope they fix it before their E3 Direct next week, at the very latest!

Hyrule_Rainclouds

SushiOreo

Me trying to continue download fn for 2 hours straight: •_•

SushiOreo

Link41x

Still can't download updates or games, c'mon Nintendo...

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Reprise

Why the flip did Nintendo continue this update? I just downloaded it today, assuming the issue was fixed, and now I can't download anything. I just get this error code.

Thanks a ***** bunch, Nintendo.

Reprise

Reprise

Slowdive wrote:

Have you tried this?

Slowdive wrote:

Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data?

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Thanks. Just having a look and this seems to suggest I'd have to redownload all software and patches? If so, I think I'm good... particularly if it doesn't work and then I'm stuck with no games.

"all software saved on the microSD card (except for screenshots) will be unusable"

Reprise

Reprise

@Slowdive Hey I just got it to work by spamming the 'continue' button to try again. No idea if it's a fluke (it took at least 20 tries), but there we go. Hope I don't have to do that every time I try to download a patch or game.

There's a really long Reddit thread about the issue. Some people suggested spamming the continue button eventually works (others say it doesn't for them) and some people suggest changing DNS settings works (but again others say it doesn't for them). What a weird issue. From what I gather, a lot of people have reported the issue.

Reprise

pikaso

I could update fortnite to season 7 but today I wanted to play but I got the famous error code 2123-1502 and it ruined my day

pikaso

Reprise

Just did some experimenting... Tried downloading some other games I archived and sure enough, the error message started occuring again. However, just spamming the retry button does seem to eventually work in most instances.

Hope Nintendo fixes this soon. I did read this thread and whilst I think it could not be linked to the update and just coincidence, I do find it weird that the error only started after I downloaded this update. I think the last patches I downloaded were on Tuesday and they all downloaded fine, and I didn't have any issues before this either. I was downloading stuff just last weekend.

Reprise

JoyBoy

Can't download the demo of the garage game so I guess I fall into the group of ppl having this problem.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Hiddenplayer

I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE IT!!!
First you open the game if it says update just press start software then it will come up as needs a update then click it then you won't get the error code.

Hiddenplayer

anxaro

Hi! I’ve been having this exact issue too; tried downloading the update for MK but the error-message kept popping up (I’m on 12.0.3). I tried a lot of the tips written here and none of them worked- then I just spammed the Update-Button over and over again and it suddenly worked. Such a weird issue tho. Btw, I think that it’s amazing that you all are trying your best to help each other out, seems like a great community.

anxaro

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Just contacted Nintendo support again to let them know I and others are still experiencing this issue. I can't download any more game updates on my Switch. I've tried everything again, but nothing seems to work. Not even spamming "Continue" on the download screen numerous times. I've tried restarting, changing my DNS settings, resetting my router and modem, etc. Nothing has worked for me today.

I've said this before, but I've gotten this error every day since at least last Thursday (June 3rd), which is several days before System Update 12.0.3 even came out. Unfortunately, the System Update seems to have broken things for more people.

It might be coincidence, but I haven't gotten this error on my brand new Switch Lite yet. I haven't downloaded much on the Lite, so that could be one reason, though, but maybe it's more likely to affect older Switch models? I don't know. Just putting that out there. I got my Switch Lite yesterday, and it's the newest one, the Blue color.

Edited on by Hyrule_Rainclouds

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic