Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Error 2123-1502

Posts 41 to 60 of 202

aresius

My switch was working fine before the update (i had auto update on) then only error i solved by switch off and on the modem, cancel and register my network again and change the dns to googles’ one and restart the console now after 2-3 try I can start the download but i cannot put tue console to sleep mean while but at least i can enjoy my purchases, i did not try yet with dlc and patch. I am really disappointed with Nintendo

Edited on by aresius

aresius

Magician

I'm terrified to update my Switch until the subsequent patch is made available.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JSG87

So I got this error today after purchasing a downloadable game on the e-shop and it's the first time I've seen the error on my console. Anyway, it wouldn't download on my WiFi network at all so I switched to my portable hotspot via my phone and started the download.
I then switched back to my home network and that allowed me to download using my WiFi.
Maybe try that if you're having issues.

Edited on by JSG87

JSG87

Hyrule_Rainclouds

This is really frustrating. Sorry to hear so many people are having problems, some STILL having problems. I was able to download a new game and a few game updates, but I still get the error and haven't been able to download any updates in the last few hours because of it.

In my case, I started getting the error last week. I contacted two different Nintendo support branches. I had never had this error until last week. It can't just be a problem on my end or a problem with the setup of people posting here. It's just too strange we would all start getting this error at around the same time.

There was some maintenance last week on June 3rd or 4th, I think. It's my opinion that that maintenance messed something up. I hope Nintendo is still working on this. I contacted Nintendo support yesterday to tell them I was still getting this error. They were really busy, so other people are probably contacting them about it, too.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Krisesk

I'm also having this problem after updating. Tried to download No More Heroes; the download constantly fails to start and the artwork won't even load on the home screen.

Krisesk

NintendoWiiDS

I thought I pre-ordered Game Builder Garage weeks ago, but upon checking tonight I realised I hadn’t yet, so I did. I’ve bought the game and the icon popped up on the home menu but the game art in the icon itself won’t load, with only an endless buffering symbol. I try clicking the icon, and it gives me this error code. Brilliant. I know the game unlocks in about an hour but the icon should still appear as normal. Really frustrating.

NintendoWiiDS

Heavyarms55

I just had this same error. I Googled it and Nintendo's support site said essentially "just keep trying and it'll work"

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

And, yes, that did end up working. But what the hell? I've had my Switch since launch, I've probably had dozens, if not hundreds of updates to games at this point. I've never seen this before.

And now that I've read through the other comments, I guess it was that latest update that caused this? I certainly never had that problem.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MrAv0cadoMan

I just kept retrying every 20 minutes or so and it eventually downloaded the game

MrAv0cadoMan

lesgotobrazil

Ive been having this issue only today after updating to 12.0.3. Whenever I go to redownload youtube, it gives 2123-1502. Hopefully Nintendo fixed this or theres a way to reverse the update.

lesgotobrazil

lesgotobrazil

@Slowdive I just hope that they do something to fix it within the next couple of days.

lesgotobrazil

Hyrule_Rainclouds

I started having issues last week. I did contact Nintendo support in Japan and the U.S. last week to let them know I was getting Error Code 2123-1502 and couldn't download anything. It started for me when I tried to download the preload for Game Builder Garage, so I thought it was somehow related to that. But then I had trouble downloading an update for a game, as well.

This is so frustrating! Even though I was finally able to download Game Builder Garage this morning and download a couple of game updates, I'm back where I started--keep getting Error 2123-1502 and can't download any other updates. I'll probably try to contact Nintendo again tomorrow just to let them know I'm still having trouble as are others. But it sounds like support is pretty busy with reports on this.

Hope they fix it before their E3 Direct next week, at the very latest!

Hyrule_Rainclouds

SushiOreo

Me trying to continue download fn for 2 hours straight: •_•

SushiOreo

Link41x

Still can't download updates or games, c'mon Nintendo...

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Reprise

Why the flip did Nintendo continue this update? I just downloaded it today, assuming the issue was fixed, and now I can't download anything. I just get this error code.

Thanks a ***** bunch, Nintendo.

Reprise

Reprise

Slowdive wrote:

Have you tried this?

Slowdive wrote:

Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data?

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Thanks. Just having a look and this seems to suggest I'd have to redownload all software and patches? If so, I think I'm good... particularly if it doesn't work and then I'm stuck with no games.

"all software saved on the microSD card (except for screenshots) will be unusable"

Reprise

Reprise

@Slowdive Hey I just got it to work by spamming the 'continue' button to try again. No idea if it's a fluke (it took at least 20 tries), but there we go. Hope I don't have to do that every time I try to download a patch or game.

There's a really long Reddit thread about the issue. Some people suggested spamming the continue button eventually works (others say it doesn't for them) and some people suggest changing DNS settings works (but again others say it doesn't for them). What a weird issue. From what I gather, a lot of people have reported the issue.

Reprise

pikaso

I could update fortnite to season 7 but today I wanted to play but I got the famous error code 2123-1502 and it ruined my day

pikaso

Reprise

Just did some experimenting... Tried downloading some other games I archived and sure enough, the error message started occuring again. However, just spamming the retry button does seem to eventually work in most instances.

Hope Nintendo fixes this soon. I did read this thread and whilst I think it could not be linked to the update and just coincidence, I do find it weird that the error only started after I downloaded this update. I think the last patches I downloaded were on Tuesday and they all downloaded fine, and I didn't have any issues before this either. I was downloading stuff just last weekend.

Reprise

JoyBoy

Can't download the demo of the garage game so I guess I fall into the group of ppl having this problem.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic