Posts 521 to 540 of 592

Ryu_Niiyama

Also heading to Switch: Unsighted

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@skywake To be exact sales AND marketing, and in the IT and telecom sector as well. And I've not just been "trying to spin the work of others", I've worked for Compaq, HP, Microsoft partners and Google partners, and I've marketed and sold all their products, hardware and services, and even sold and filled numerous seminars and events, so often times first hand for the party that I was employed for, not for products of others.

No offense taken, though. I know that in the real world, opinions will differ and we don't all have to see eye to eye all the time, much less put much stock in second-hand information.

So, having said all that, I actually kind of AM the guy, or rather: me and my sales team are the people to tell you whether or not something will sell, if something is worth its salt and whether or not predictions can be made correctly based upon sales projections and financial reports, which is basically also what Bloomberg does, so no offense, and obviously I'm not all-knowing, but I think I can at least in part trust in my own experience in this field, and for all the time that the rumors have been going on, there has been nothing that has come even close to pointing at any of it being true.

Another thing I'm having some issues with, is the moving of goal posts by these rumor mongers: first it was going to be revealed months before E3, then in the month leading up to E3, then during E3 and now shortly after E3, so I'm hoping that in that regard, you can at least understand to some extent where I'm coming from. I'm just connecting dots and using deductive reasoning, as I always do, and then the outcome is actually quite often just what I expected it to be. Maybe not 9 out of 10 times, but not too far off from 8 out of 10...

But all in all, no one has to agree with anyone, and everyone is free to have his or her opinion, whether it's based upon actual facts or not. Unnamed developers stating it's coming does not count as fact, Bloomberg projecting it coming also still does not count as fact. Not pointing at you, but it's sad to see that apparently, that doesn't sit well with certain people, if I don't agree simply because I have my own views or perspective on things, which comes from a place of only trusting tangible evidence and believing things when I see them. As we say in our business: "trust is good, control is better".

And again, none of that means that it can't or won't happen, I'm just saying that it definitely isn't happening now, and there sure as heck isn't going to be any rushed post-E3 reveal to show new hardware because third party developers "need" it for their newer titles.

As @Henmii also very correctly stated, it isn't proven until Nintendo makes the official statement.

On a side note: and in case I actually AM proven wrong before long, then I'll have no problems with being big enough to own up to that, so you can remind me of that whenever that happens. Does have to be soon, though. I'd say before October, otherwise, my point is already proven...

Snatcher wrote:

Nintendo is going to win this.

HotGoomba wrote:

@Snatcher They already did.

Well, obviously, a lot of us have a thing for Nintendo, but objectively, it was most certainly Microsoft that won this year's edition, what with them officially getting awards for 'Best Presentation', and Forza Horizon 5 Winning 'Most Anticipated Game', so there's that.

Personally, I liked both presentations equally, they both had some interesting stuff to show, even though in general, this entire E3 was possibly not as good as it good have been, but eh, what can you do, when there's a pandemic going on, right?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HotGoomba

Snatcher wrote:

Look can we just agree that @Slowdive was the VIP for this thread, I mean come on, they were giving us stuff to talk about all the way up to E3 and hopefully many more.

That's a fact.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Oh I found out yesterday. A bit bummed, but I get it, Xbox/Bethesda also had a pretty good conference.

kkslider5552000

I will say the one negative-ish thing was that three of the best announcements are on some level just remakes. It feels like too many times the only way anyone knows how to bring back a series is to remake instead of actually making a new game and that's a bit annoying. But at the same time, they chose the exact right games I would want them to remake.

I think the interesting thing is that despite any surprises about them, "let's have the Samus Returns guys put out the long overdue Metroid 5", "let's bring back the original Super Monkey Ball because fans wanted it way more than Banana Blitz", "let's do Mario Party: Top 100 except in a way people would actually want", "let's bring back Advance Wars by remaking both of the GBA games" all make complete sense to have happened at this year's E3 specifically.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba Why bummed about it? It's just the opinion of the official media present at the event, or in this case: during the event, seeing nearly all of it was digital and remotely done. Either way: that's just the official awards, no one has to agree with it, so if you don't, that's perfectly fine.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Idk why I said bummed, wasn't the right word, It was unexpected for me, but whatever why would I care about Electronic Entertainment Expo's opinion?

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba Well, my point exactly. If you liked/preferred a game that was not on the "E3 Awards" list, then there's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks, after all.

Ralizah

GrailUK wrote:

Bayonetta 3 isn't a write off. Nintendo would have told us (they happen to be very transparent regardless of fans thinking they aren't because of game announcements lol!)

Pikmin 4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

I quite liked the xbox show but I think Nintendos was better.... Mind you, I liked the SE one, so obviously I'm a bit weird

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

@Ralizah Well, you can prove anything with facts, can't ya!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX By no means was Xbox bad, and they did win And I give them my congratulations, But for me I think nintendo won this whole thing, Metroid, DBZ (I know I keep saying it but I have been waiting for It for a bit) And many more, I also liked a lot of the stuff Xbox showed which Is were I see them getting the win, wish we got more halo but whatever, Slime rancher 2 is something I can't wait to see, and maybe a bundle on the switch? I also liked how Xbox set there's up, No stupid zoom rooms, We just got a stream of games one after another and it was fun to see, And I'm getting to deep into this, sorry LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

rallydefault

@ThanosReXXX
I think if you're gonna even read leaks, you need to be willing to put up with a lot. For me, one of the biggest is to not get upset about the goal posts nearly constantly moving when it comes to time frames. For me it's all about the core point. For the Pro, it's... the Pro lol

How many games have been leaked that were real but definitely missed their supposed reveal timeframes (if they even had one)? I'd wager dozens upon dozens for the Switch alone.

I still find all it incredibly fun to follow. And what a leak doesn't materialize and the goal post is again moved... well, the hunt goes on! And that's fun to people like me lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Haha, no worries, man. And agreed on all counts. And personally, I was quite pleased to see the re-imagined Advance Wars: I'm a HUGE fan of the series. I also wouldn't mind seeing HD versions of the Battalion Wars games, by the way.

@rallydefault Well, personally, I don't feel the need to laugh at the expense of rumor mongers or believers but I simply do like my facts and figures, and so far, these do not support an imminent release of a Switch Pro. In some ways, I'm also kind of reminded of the time before the reveal of the Switch, when SO many people were absolutely sure that the "NX" was going to be an absolute beast of a home console, at least for Nintendo standards, its power supposedly coming pretty close to Xbox One and PS4. Well, we all know how that turned out....

Anyway, in general, if rumors keep persisting, there's sometimes a kernel of truth to be found in it, but until things are officially confirmed, I'll just keep a bag of salt nearby.

skywake

@ThanosReXXX
Being indirectly connected to IT you should know that IT is a broad field. Sales in comms isn't anywhere near hardware/software development in the gaming industry. Now I don't pretend to know the gaming industry but what I do know is what sales looks like from inside looking out from a software development perspective

Also, while the attention seekers did move the goal posts the original leaks were pretty clear. Bloomberg only said two things:
1. There is a Switch revision in the works and Nintendo could be ready to release as soon as this year
2. Third parties already have content that takes advantage of the hardware to be announced at E3. As such these third parties would not be surprised be an announcement before E3

That was it. Oh, and one of the people who confirmed this also said that there'd be a 2D Metroid at E3. Then doubled down saying not to get your hopes up about E3 but "there will be a lot of content for Zelda fans". Which was accurate.

The rest of the discussion in that other thread is mostly about what Tegra SoC Nintendo would likely use. Which doesn't have much in the way of sources but is an interesting bit of speculation.

So yeah, I think you've been looking at this from a distance with your eyes half closed. The Switch Pro saga is not, and has never really been, as you claim it is here.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
Not a fan of Tekken games.
Definitely zero interest with Smash Bros games.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@HotGoomba I'd be highly surprised if he does. Probably too high budget for him honestly.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba
Not interested by Wario games too.
I know his games are crazy and wacky but not a fan of his looking and his mini games compilations.
I have more interest with ARMS since I have interest with Boxing, wishing for ARMS 2 from Direct but you know Nintendo was prioritizing well known IP rather than obscure IP like ARMS since very few peoples have interest with Boxing and talk a lot about Boxing in public like other sports.

BTW, my little wish about Boxing game on modern consoles already granted. 😃
Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions will be on multi consoles PS4, Switch and XBOX ONE due to 3 September 2021.
Untitled
Untitled
I have been waiting for 11 years for an acceptable Boxing game on modern consoles. 😭

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BTW, still remember with Amber Isle from Wholesome Indie Direct ?
The chibi dinosaurs looks cute in Animal Crossing style.
Untitled
Untitled

Hopefully the game will get consoles version and physical release as well.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic