Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 592

jedgamesguy

@VIIIAxel Exactly. Many of the development teams throughout Nintendo, including second-party studios like Monolith, released games in 2017. The standard development cycle for games nowadays is three years, but four now due to Coronavirus. So by that process you'd assume many of them would have projects to reveal this year. Monolith had a new project in the works last I heard but at the same time they also said they wanted to strengthen the Xenoblade IP. So it could have been repurposed.

Today's the day! I'm keeping my expectations in check for Square's reveal though, we could have a fairly routine one if we're unlucky. Ubisoft's was quite boring, even with my new 2021 open mindedness, but Square... they always know how to make fans happy. They know their consumers. Having said that I'm not so sure about FF16, it feels like it's in the middle of development. I'd guess it'd be out in late 2022, maybe mid. At the very least I'd guess we'd get either that or the second part of FF7:R. I'd frankly take the latter, because that was a game true to the original Final Fantasy game design ethos.

DQ3 would make my day though. So would Life is Strange. Let's goooooo!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

GrailUK

@MsJubilee Be thankful they aren't supporting the Switch. Ubisoft is about games as a service. I mean, most of the show was dlc and the next season's content you'll be paying to play (and being pretty disingenuous selling it you). It's pretty vulgar and tbh, no loss. It's a horrible future and I applaud Nintendo for showing a modicum of resistance to it.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

Wizard with a Gun was the best game shown yesterday. For my taste in genres anyhow. It appears to a mashup of Lumo, Enter the Gungeon, and Hades. I love all those things.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Losermagnet

@Magician that trailer does look pretty good. I hope it doesnt lean too hard into the crafting stuff though. I'm feeling crafting fatigue. I'm just so tired of picking up sticks in video games. Why can't I do what I do in real life and just run them over with my lawn mower?

So Ubi had Rabbids and Just Dance for the Switch and thats it? That's disappointing. My guess is that they're just trying to maximise profit with as little dedication as they can manage. Did they say anything about that Beyond Good and Evil sequel that was revealed ages ago? Is that still a thing?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

EA should be aware because there was PARALIVES from Wholesome Indie Direct yesterday, the competitor of The Sims games.

I have already knew PARALIVES several weeks ago from Youtube so I was surprised when I recognized the building style from the direct, I immediately mentioned it was PARALIVES.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Losermagnet wrote:

Did they say anything about that Beyond Good and Evil sequel that was revealed ages ago? Is that still a thing?

@Losermagnet

The director, Michel Ancel, left Ubisoft late last year after the sexual harassment accusations.

Instead of stroking his female coworkers, he's stroking animals at some nature reserve.

I assume BG&E 2 is nothing more than vaporware now, dead.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Losermagnet

@Magician I forgot about that! Thanks for the clarification.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Dogorilla

@Magician @Losermagnet Ancel did say BG&E2 was still in development and 'going super well' when he left. Remains to be seen what will actually come of it.

Personally I didn't like the direction it seemed to be taking from the trailer, what with the 'edgy' tone and the required internet connection to play it. It will be interesting to see if that changes at all if we ever do see it again.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

Magician wrote:

Losermagnet wrote:

Did they say anything about that Beyond Good and Evil sequel that was revealed ages ago? Is that still a thing?

The director, Michel Ancel, left Ubisoft late last year after the sexual harassment accusations.

Instead of stroking his female coworkers, he's stroking animals at some nature reserve.

I assume BG&E 2 is nothing more than vaporware now, dead.

I'd like to specify here that his accusations are DIFFERENT from the actual sexual harrassment accusations. The issue was more that he was kind of a mean, loud, angry ***hole of a boss during Beyond Good and Evil 2's development. IIRC.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

No halo campaign gameplay, Kinda worrying NGL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

I mean Xbox has exclusives again, which is nice, but most of the interesting games aren't the exclusives or weren't shown in an especially interesting way. Unless you do something particularly clever, CG trailers aren't interesting anymore.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

Oh man I thought this one was waaaay better then the Ubi it was great, and yes there was some games I didn't care for, overall, It was just cooler stuff in my opinion, Also, Xbox mini fridge.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft showcase was kind of meh though much better than the Ubisoft one. Highlight was Forza Horizon 5 though I feel they spent too long on it in the showcase. Still very excited for Flight Sim but stock issues suggest I won't have a Series X by then which is fine, I can wait.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

That wasn't bad! The PotC Sea of Thieves collaboration was honestly the highlight of the show for me. Didn't expect that at all. Also if that's not Johnny Depp, whoever is doing the voice is one heck of a VA cause that was a spot on impression.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

RR529

There were a few games I'd be interested in playing if I had an Xbox (Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, Halo), but nothing that particularly excited me or made me want to go out of my way to get one.

A few too many post apocalyptic shooters & co-op/multiplayer games for my tastes, and with no Sony presence a huge missed opportunity to get some Japanese games up on stage (I think it was just a reminder that Yakuza is on Xbox, and that HD-2D looking JRPG that isn't hitting until 2023).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Aozz101x

Very Excited for Halo Infinite, The Outer Worlds 2, Slime Rancher 2, Diablo 2 Resurrected, and Maybe Starfield, i'll wait to see more before deciding on getting it.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

BruceCM

Eiyunden Chronicles, @RR529 .... The Ascent is looking great, although that already went up for pre-purchase on Steam awhile ago but it's nice to see them confirming the date

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

RR529

Can't say the Square Enix show was particularly exciting.

Nothing at all for Switch, Babylon's Fall focusing on co-op/live service is a let down, & I'm not sure I like the vibe of Final Fantasy Origin (though it looks like it could play fun enough). I guess GotG is something I'd play on sale/through PS+ too, maybe.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

Atomic Heart, Psychonauts 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Mario + Rabbids Glittery Sparkly Hopes have been the games that have caught my attention the most. Now bring on Doshin The Giant 2!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic