Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 61 to 80 of 592

GrailUK

CHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ryu_Niiyama

Takeaways from Bethesda, xbox and squeenix:

I swear Squeenix pulled a bump of chicken with the FF 1-6. They had one job...use the 2d-hd engine and make remakes of the first 6 games and release it on everything that can run it...sigh.

Anyway, Kinda curious about the FForigns game so long as you can either use JPN VAs or mute them cuz woo that character screaming about CHAOS was annoying. Guardians and more Avengers content look interesting but not day one interesting....black friday 2022 interesting. The Forspoke (?) game looked interesting but all i saw was the clip at the end because I came in late. Other than that....not very moving. The life is strange games are weird for me because I'm not their target audience...I'm their target audience adjacent so I like bits of them but don't enjoy them overall...(thank you gamepass) and the new one is a terrible concept to me. I don't want to play a person burdened with everyone else's drama but tasked to work them through it because taking individual responsibility to not be a jerkwad seems to be abandoned in today's society. Everyone else has to let it go, or forgive the offender while the offender gets to virtue signal while not actually changing at all...or becoming worse in another way. So I will wait for it to hit game pass.

Trek to Yomi perked up my ears though lolol. (also really glad everybody has to straddle gens for a bit...no incentive to upgrade to a ps5 or series x)

Love the mini fridge x box! so I will have a series x sooner than expected lolol. A plague tale 2 looks good, that game was underrated. Happy for the starfield date because now we can focus on Elder Scrolls. Looking forward to flight simulator without me having to upgrade my gpu. So far aside from the new mario + rabbids game and a few indies I'm just waiting on Nintendo to save the day.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jedgamesguy

I fell asleep at 9pm and woke up ten minutes ago. Skimmed through the show for Square and… nothing to write home about.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

CANOEberry

GrailUK wrote:

CHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes?

CANOEberry

GrailUK

@COVIDberry (Ahem) Sorry about that outburst. I got carried away with killing Chaos.

link3710

Damn, not only was Squeenix's presentation boring, but the one thing I've wanted for ages isn't coming to... Literally any consoles. What the heck. Id even buy it for PS4 if that was an option. But nope, FF I - VI 2D-HD... for mobile.

link3710

VoidofLight

I'm actually starting to get worried for Nintendo's direct, seeing as all the other presentations so far have been really lackluster.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

I fell asleep at 9pm and woke up ten minutes ago. Skimmed through the show for Square and… nothing to write home about.

Yeah, the Square Enix thing wasn't up my alley, and there was like one switch game? A quarter of it was mobile games.

I watched Bethesda/Xbox before that on the purexbox site, and Foraza Horizon 5 looks gorgeous. Warm mexican climate, cool desert area, very good looking urban, rain forest. Man, if it wasn't for this one game, buying a PS5 would be such an easy choice. I'm pretty sure you don't have an xbox, but the game trailer was noteworthy. I noticed this is coming to Xbox One and Series X/S, PC.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@link3710 best start saving up for a phone that can play them then ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

It's going to be tough for the Direct to beat Chaos

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@jump Not gonna happen. Either I'll play them on console or I won't play them, that simple.

@VoidofLight Considering Nintendo didn't hold back Game Builder Garage or Mario + Rabbids 2 for their presentation (which I'm sure they could have), I'd say you shouldn't be too worried about the direct just yet. They're acting like they feel like they have something to show.

link3710

BruceCM

Oh, didn't you like the Life is Strange stuff, at least, @TheJGG....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

@link3710 That collection has consoles written all over it. It will either show up on the Direct (and Youtube for other versions soon after) or announcd later. I wouldn't worry about it.

HotGoomba

So far my opinions:

Ubisoft: 5/10, nothing for me beyond Mario and Rabbids, and boring overall, but not too bad.

Xbox/Bethesda: 7/10, cool announcements like Psychonauts 2, The Outer Worlds 2, and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox, but not crazy or mind-blowing.

Square Enix: 2/10, most of the games don't look too exciting, and all the Marvel games I feel scared for after Avengers.

WB Games: 4/10, it's a 10 minute stream for Back4Blood, I feel like this could have just been shown on Microsoft's conference at like a quarter of the time. But the game itself looks great. The conference was just pointless.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

My opinion so far:

Wholesome Indie Direct = 8/10
Almost every indie games shown I have interest about as they are kind of my gaming style (cartoonish, colorful and cute games)

Anti-Matter

Aurumonado

I really wish Final Fantasy Pixel remaster was on Switch - then we would have FF 1-12

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

link3710

Hmm... guess I'll give mine too
Ubisoft: 4/10 - Only this high because of Mario + Rabbids, the rest looked bleh. Avatar just MIGHT be good... but will probably be an Avengers style disaster.

Xbox/Bethesda: 8/10 - there were some cool announcements... for games I still haven't played the originals of. Starfield blew it big, since I STILL don't even know the genre or anything about the game save "generic sci-fi" after the big reveal. Sea of Thieves DLC got a good laugh out of me, even if I still probably won't play the game. And Battlefield is meh as always. I have no idea what Redfall is, but that trailer genuinely interested me.

Also Replaced and Shredders both look fantastic.

Square Enix: 1/10: 16 minutes on what'll end up being another unfun grindy Marvel lootfest with 3 fakeout endings is not what I'd call a good start. Then FF 2D-HD... not for consoles, several boring looking mobile titles, Avengers BS. The only good paced parts were the Life is Strange stuff (which was all pretty much a rehash, but at least well paced) and Babylon's Fall (which looked... disappointingly mild for a Platinum title.)

I'm not even counting WB since they announced it was just a Back 4 Blood trailer ahead of time.

EDIT: Just found out that I missed some titles when my stream had issues with microsoft, so upped it's score

Edited on by link3710

link3710

HotGoomba

@Slowdive Capcom is having a conference!?

Also Bandai Namco better announce another Taiko no Tatsujin in the West.

HotGoomba

@link3710 Why give the Xbox/Bethesda conference a low score if you legitimately were interested in a few?

Edited on by HotGoomba

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba
One thing I found from playasia about Taiko no Tatsujin Switch PAL version, Bamco left the code in box for PAL version while physical cartridge for Japan version. 😒

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic