Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 592

Magician

Just watched Guerrilla Collective Day 2, the only Switch announcement that stood out to me was Archvale. It kind of reminds me of Realm of the Mad God.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Aragami 2 looks great but I already pre-purchased that.... Death Trash might be good, hopefully the demo comes here soon
Couple of others with demos I'll try, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@FroZtedFlakerZz @WoomyNNYes Well we realised it was an Avatar game first! Good work.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Pirate1

I was hoping for some mention of them (Ubisoft) working on a sequel to Immortals Fenyx rising, oh well

Edited on by Pirate1

Pirate1

Grumblevolcano

Damn, they brought back Rocksmith but it's just a subscription service and doesn't seem to be coming to consoles. So highlight of show has to go to Mario + Rabbids.

EDIT: Rocksmith+ is coming to consoles but subscription only is a definite no for me.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Strangely live chat is better than the comments in terms of negativity. At least people were funny in the chat. Dunno if it’ll make me do chat for the Direct itself though. @Snatcher please use the live chat, it’s really fun!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

RR529

Ubisoft was pretty boring aside from the last couple announcements. My brother's a HUGE Avatar nut, so that last reveal guarantee's we'll get a next gen console by next year.

Also, what in the heck do aliens have to do with a Tom Clancy game? I read a few of his books back in high school and that... doesn't seem to be his wheelhouse.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

I just caught up, the Mario & Rabids 2 is looking better than expected. It might end up running better than the original surprisingly enough.

Avatar is... bizarre, but I won't cross it off entirely.

...yeah that's all that interested me from that. I was hoping they'd have at least one other surprise that might be nice looking. BG&E2 or Rayman or Prince of Persia or something...

link3710

jump

@RR529 in fairness Tom Clancy sold insurance for a living before becoming a writer, that has as much in common with spies as it does with aliens.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@TheJGG Maybe, I just kinda like watching stuff on Youtube, but if its not toxic I will use it next time.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@RR529 It was a ok start, probably X box is going to really kick it off I hope.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Dezzy

The Avatar thing could be interesting. Like many people I enjoyed that movie and then completely forgot it existed about a year later.

The rest of Ubisoft is so boring. I don't know what it is about this company but I find so much of their stuff incredibly generic. Everything they make gives off the exact same vibe to me.

Also I wish one of the thousand DLC for Valhalla was just letting you customize the main characters. Eivor has to be the most generic looking character they've ever made. Both the male and female versions look really dull. Their Odyssey characters looked so much cooler.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Aozz101x

The only things that i was interested from Ubisoft. was Riders Republic and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

There was a DDR Arcade machine from Button City ! 😃
(0:15 and 0:25)

But the gameplay style was like Beatmania IIDX style (arrows falling from top to bottom)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ReaperMelia

@TheJGG I haven't been following rumors much (I'm generally pretty skeptical of them personally), but I saw talk about Mario + Rabbids 2 and figured it wouldn't be too surprising given that the first leaked way in advance as well. As for Nintendo, there are a few series/development teams that have been quiet for a while that I'm thinking will have something to show here (Monolith and Kirby, for example), so I'm really excited to see what comes next!

I'm really hoping Square shows FFXVI since they said they were going to share more information in early 2021. I know the pandemic's likely hitting development pretty hard, but even a small update would be really nice to see. I wouldn't expect DQXII, but something smaller like ports of DQIV-VI would be cool. Of course, I would have expected those to come up in the DQ event a few weeks ago rather than at E3, so I'm not expecting those to show up soon.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Regarding how nice the live chat vibe is, I think if live chat presentations were every day, maybe newbs/toxic people would catch on & use it more. Thankfully, they don't, as far as I've seen.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher The NL live chat whenever they host stuff… oh man it’s fun. Yes there’s complaining but it’s a tight community with at least a few people you’d know. As @WoomyNNYes says I’m glad it’s not a recurring thing because the people who ARE part of the problem will begin ruining the enjoyment for me. No such interruption this time though.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

MsJubilee

I am disappointed with Ubisoft's support for the Switch. Without that Rabbids exclusive, the Switch would get nothing (besides the usual Just Dance). There are many old games from their catalog. Ubisoft can port to this platform but refuses not to or doesn't want to put in the effort.

When Far Cry BloodDragon Remaster(which I'm excited for) gets released separately, I expect a Switch announcement. It's a damn 360 game. I refuse to believe it can't run on the Switch.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic