Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest X and XI

Posts 221 to 240 of 249

the8thark

JaxonH wrote:

I hope they give us multiple save slots, one for a normal playthrough and one for a 16-bit run.

It doesn't work like that. The 3DS mode is switchable anytime in game. You are not forced to modern or 3DS look for an entire play through.

Ralizah wrote:

S-E took their sweet time, but it looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this port.

They almost have to. SE always said there would be a Switch version. They said it Day 1 development. They are just giving Switch owners more on an incentive to buy this considering it's been out on the PS4 and 3DS (in Japan) for a while now.

Edited on by the8thark

the8thark

Kryce

while it seems all hope is lost for an online DQX western port. would a completely new tweeked offline single player version ever see the day ?

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kryce I can’t imagine Squenix taking the time to do that. Their response would likely be “just play XI...”.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kryce

@Ryu_Niiyama to my dismay, You're right...

Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)

King-X

Magician wrote:

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Can somebody who's already played this tell me how much it's like Dragon Quest VIII?

Although I haven't played XI myself (been holding out for the Switch version) all I've heard/read is that if it weren't for the crappy midi sampling used for the soundtrack DQ XI would be considered the best in the series.

I've played both and I agree with this sentiment. I thoroughly enjoyed the game aside from this setback.

Currently Playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4

Magician

Just sitting here, thinking about whether or not DQ XI will get the same uber edition that PS4 got? It is the definitive version, so I hope that S-E goes all out for its release. But...even though the relationship between S-E and Nintendo is strong...I have my doubts. Still...a guy can dream, right?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 383 games (as of August 17th 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Dogorilla wrote:

@Kryce The executive producer of the series expressed an interest in an offline version of X, so there's a chance: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/dragon_quest_x_could...

Even if S-E offered an offline-only version of DQ X, that game has been active for over six years. That would require a pretty hefty translation effort. Probably more trouble (and cost) than it would be worth. That said, I would be overjoyed if it were to become true.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Kryce

@Magician as You adressed, it's highly unlikely but we can dream !

Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)

darkfenrir

Does Dragon Quest XI has options to change subtitle from English to Japanese if you buy English version?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Magician

darkfenrir wrote:

Does Dragon Quest XI has options to change subtitle from English to Japanese if you buy English version?

Check your eShop listing. That should give you all the language options.

RR529

I've yet to watch the Treehouse footage, but from what I can tell I'm very impressed with how close it looks to the PS4 version.

I just played it a few months ago, so I won't be in the mood to play it again any time soon, but I'm super jealous of the new content.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Dezzy

Have they said whether the symphony soundtrack will be released for PS4 yet?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Negative.

And ya, that’s why I held off playing it. Grabbed it in a sale for $20, though I’m not sure why since I had no intention of playing it until the Switch version released anyways.

Seems to be a metric ton of new stuff added in this version. Besides the orchestral soundtrack, 16-bit mode, speeding up battles with 3 speed options, party following on screen, JP/EN option for voices, all 10 previous DQ game worlds accessible, each with their own quests, battles and rewards, new scenarios for other party members, DQVIII music option for overworld, dashing with ZR, calling your horse anytime... it’d be better to just link the article cause I’ll get hand cramps before typing out all the new changes/additions

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additio...

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

CanisWolfred

I should've waited for the Switch version, too, but I'm kind of glad I played the PS4 version. It was the first tradition RPG I'd played in over a year, and it reminded me why I loved the genre so much...before I got burned out by playing virtually nothing but RPGs of rapidly decreasing quality for several years, because I don't know the meaning of the word "moderation"...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

Decided to sell my PS4 version (before playing) so I can get this version instead.

I figure the slight graphical downgrade is a fair price for better music and portability.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BougieBeetle

Re: music, I actually prefer the original JP music in DQVIII to the orchestral version we got in NA. There's something about the live instruments that starts to grate on me a lot faster than an electronic soundtrack would.

Also, incoming hot take, I don't really care for the English voice acting in VIII, either. The speed of line delivery is way too slow, and the actors can't pull off the accents. I'd rather have the faster game speed without VA like the JP version.

All this to say, I'm not too concerned yet about the music in XI, but we'll see how I feel when it comes out.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic