Idk. Depends.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

ZeldaFan83

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Cordyceps Pretty sure it's just Square Enix announcing games way too early because of the Dragon Quest 35th anniversary (both DQ3 remake and DQ12 were announced for that). Square Enix celebrates the major anniversaries a lot (the ones ending in 5 or 0 like 30th, 35th, etc.) and has announcements alongside those celebrations even if they're many years away. Like it's safe to assume KH4 is many years away despite being announced in 2022 for the KH 20th anniversary.

Nobody is as slow as Square at releasing games. Most have been meh.

ZeldaFan83

Cordyceps

@ZeldaFan83 Yeah, big agree with you there. if the 83 is the year you were born, we have that in common. so I've been playing square games my whole life, and have struggled with the SEVERE mediocrity since the merger. I like DQ more than FF now, but fear for the series future.

Saw this at Time Extension:
"Sticking to your own ideas in the face of market expectations can result in good games"

Square needs to hear that. They chase too many tails now (market expectations) vs. Leading with actual innovative titles. (Their own ideas)

I'm more interested these days in the indie JRPG tributes like Chained Echoes and hope Sea of Stars delivers. Square left a void in gaming for me, and i'm disappointed in the media for not covering other titles that fill that void. (vs. 16 FF puff pieces)

/end rant (???)

Cordyceps

ZeldaFan83

Cordyceps wrote:

@ZeldaFan83 Yeah, big agree with you there. if the 83 is the year you were born, we have that in common. so I've been playing square games my whole life, and have struggled with the SEVERE mediocrity since the merger. I like DQ more than FF now, but fear for the series future.
Saw this at Time Extension:
"Sticking to your own ideas in the face of market expectations can result in good games"

Square needs to hear that. They chase too many tails now (market expectations) vs. Leading with actual innovative titles. (Their own ideas)

I'm more interested these days in the indie JRPG tributes like Chained Echoes and hope Sea of Stars delivers. Square left a void in gaming for me, and i'm disappointed in the media for not covering other titles that fill that void. (vs. 16 FF puff pieces)

/end rant (???)

Yep. Born in 83. My first square game was Super Mario RPG. Really excited for that one. Some of my favorite console games, have been square games. I would love to see a Parasite Eve remake. But how companies are trying to appeal to mOdErN aUdIeNcEs, I’ll have to say hard pass.

You know what company has left a void for me? Blizzard. That company produced nothing but gold from Warcraft 2 to early WoW. Haven’t like much since then. And I won’t buy into Always Online trash.

ZeldaFan83

Ryu_Niiyama

I can't find the Infinity Strash thread but it looks like the game only goes to the assault on Sovereign Rock. Which sorta sucks. I don't know if this game will get a sequel so it feels lacking to only have part of the story especially since the current Anime Series (which this game is tied to) completed the entire story. I am still going to get it but my hype went down a little.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic