Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest X and XI

Posts 241 to 257 of 257

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I'm shocked the PS4 isn't getting an update or DLC or something to bring it up to speed with this version. It's got to be the most bizarre release ever. Game is announced for NX before they even know what an NX is, then releases with a PS4 (real version) and 3DS( secondary 16bit version.) release. Switch version is nowhere to be mentioned ("For adult reasons.")

Then they finally announce the Switch version and announce that it's basically the only real version of the game, while the PS4 version was kind of a beta, and the 3DS version is included as switchable.

I mean I love the idea that Switch is the best version, but the PS4 release that's now basically an incomplete game that doesn't even get a patch or DLC to update it (so far?) just seems really weird now.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Well, everyone knew the Switch version would come, eventually, @NEStalgia .... Everyone I know who got PS4 version did so just because they couldn't wait to play it
Just about all of them are going to get Switch 1, too & are quite happy to buy it again It's not like anyone has to do that if they don't want to

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

JaxonH

Ya, coming later has been a huge blessing in disguise. Usually I dont care about minor additions. "Oh they added a new character and a couple quests, slap a new label on it and re-sell it on the same exact platform for another $60"

This... this is something else entirely, all in addition to the hybrid value added by virtue of simply being on Switch. And frankly, that's as it should be. They prioritized other versions which got an initial release, and this is balancing the scales.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ryu_Niiyama

It's not that odd. Japanese companies do version upgrades all the time. Persona is notorious for it. Either way looking forward to this one. I'd started the 3ds version but put it down once the news about S really got underway.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@NEStalgia They're not going to add the content to the PS4 version when it's a big selling point for this very late Switch port. They didn't even patch something basic like being able to reset the license board into the PS4 version of FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

It's fundamentally untrue to call the PS4 version "incomplete" or a "beta version," though. It's the full game as the developers originally saw it. Most of the stuff they've added is supplementary and unimportant to the broader thrust of the game.

Anyway, as Jax said, and as I've said on Push Square for a while, considering how late this port is, I think it's only fair we're getting exclusive content, considering it was the first game ever announced for the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I don't think Square is very into caring about selling points for their late ports specifically. I mean this is Square. If it's PS exclusive it never goes to other platforms, if it's other platform exclusive it always comes to Playstation. (Or at least that was Square before Sony sold their stake last year....)

WoFF had the DLC back-ported to PS4 for example.

Again I like that Switch has exclusive stuff, but not porting the goodies back to PS just feels very strange for a Square game, and the PS4 version still feels like the ugly duckling. The "FIRST!!1" post of game publishing.

NEStalgia

Magician

AmazonNA has Dragon Quest XI preorders listed at 17% off.

I didn't have a look at AmazonUK to see if it was the same.

Switch Physical Collection - 384 games (as of August 19th 2019)
Currently playing: Giga Wrecker Alt (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

I hope they manage to squeeze a higher resolution out of this. That's my only issue so far. It looks 720p MAX. Which means probably lower on handheld.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

I don't mind a lower resolution as long as the fps doesn't dip too low.

DQB2 taxes the Switch to the breaking point just for the sake of a higher resolution.

Currently playing: Giga Wrecker Alt (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ryu_Niiyama

I do hope that the official guide book gets updated for the Switch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@Magician

Yeah I'd mostly agree. 30fps is a bare minimum for me.

I'd rather 30fps at 540p than 20fps at 720p. Especially on handheld. That resolution is fine for handheld mode.

Dezzy

English demo is on the eshop! Woooo

Magician

Dezzy wrote:

English demo is on the eshop! Woooo

Does progress carry over to the full release?

That seems to be the shtick with rpg games from S-E on Switch these days.

Tsurii

@Magician it does.

Something else tho. When in the name of all that's good can I bloody save? It's taking forever

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

darkfenrir

@Tsurii Once you finish the first dungeon, reached back to the village and go to the church. I was wondering as well, but once I saved I feel nice and immediately went to redeem the voucher.

The story feels good and I enjoyed the gameplay (although now I'm left wondering how people survive grinding this game when I picked the fastest battle speed and going "wow... why is this still slow")

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Bankaj

Started the demo. Going to be my first mainline DQ Adventure and I'm pretty excited for it!

Though came here to complain. That voice of Gemma is getting on my nerves already, and I'm only 30 min in.. No offense to the folk from the region, but this accent is horrible :X

Bankaj

Quarth

Trying the demo. I think I'm gonna love this game. First DQ title I play. It looks and plays great, and the music... WOW!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic