Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 201 to 220 of 705

Kryce

@Magician as You adressed, it's highly unlikely but we can dream !

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

darkfenrir

Does Dragon Quest XI has options to change subtitle from English to Japanese if you buy English version?

darkfenrir

Magician

darkfenrir wrote:

Does Dragon Quest XI has options to change subtitle from English to Japanese if you buy English version?

Check your eShop listing. That should give you all the language options.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

I've yet to watch the Treehouse footage, but from what I can tell I'm very impressed with how close it looks to the PS4 version.

I just played it a few months ago, so I won't be in the mood to play it again any time soon, but I'm super jealous of the new content.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Have they said whether the symphony soundtrack will be released for PS4 yet?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Negative.

And ya, that’s why I held off playing it. Grabbed it in a sale for $20, though I’m not sure why since I had no intention of playing it until the Switch version released anyways.

Seems to be a metric ton of new stuff added in this version. Besides the orchestral soundtrack, 16-bit mode, speeding up battles with 3 speed options, party following on screen, JP/EN option for voices, all 10 previous DQ game worlds accessible, each with their own quests, battles and rewards, new scenarios for other party members, DQVIII music option for overworld, dashing with ZR, calling your horse anytime... it’d be better to just link the article cause I’ll get hand cramps before typing out all the new changes/additions

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additio...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CanisWolfred

I should've waited for the Switch version, too, but I'm kind of glad I played the PS4 version. It was the first tradition RPG I'd played in over a year, and it reminded me why I loved the genre so much...before I got burned out by playing virtually nothing but RPGs of rapidly decreasing quality for several years, because I don't know the meaning of the word "moderation"...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Decided to sell my PS4 version (before playing) so I can get this version instead.

I figure the slight graphical downgrade is a fair price for better music and portability.

BougieBeetle

Re: music, I actually prefer the original JP music in DQVIII to the orchestral version we got in NA. There's something about the live instruments that starts to grate on me a lot faster than an electronic soundtrack would.

Also, incoming hot take, I don't really care for the English voice acting in VIII, either. The speed of line delivery is way too slow, and the actors can't pull off the accents. I'd rather have the faster game speed without VA like the JP version.

All this to say, I'm not too concerned yet about the music in XI, but we'll see how I feel when it comes out.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I'm shocked the PS4 isn't getting an update or DLC or something to bring it up to speed with this version. It's got to be the most bizarre release ever. Game is announced for NX before they even know what an NX is, then releases with a PS4 (real version) and 3DS( secondary 16bit version.) release. Switch version is nowhere to be mentioned ("For adult reasons.")

Then they finally announce the Switch version and announce that it's basically the only real version of the game, while the PS4 version was kind of a beta, and the 3DS version is included as switchable.

I mean I love the idea that Switch is the best version, but the PS4 release that's now basically an incomplete game that doesn't even get a patch or DLC to update it (so far?) just seems really weird now.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Well, everyone knew the Switch version would come, eventually, @NEStalgia .... Everyone I know who got PS4 version did so just because they couldn't wait to play it
Just about all of them are going to get Switch 1, too & are quite happy to buy it again It's not like anyone has to do that if they don't want to

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Ya, coming later has been a huge blessing in disguise. Usually I dont care about minor additions. "Oh they added a new character and a couple quests, slap a new label on it and re-sell it on the same exact platform for another $60"

This... this is something else entirely, all in addition to the hybrid value added by virtue of simply being on Switch. And frankly, that's as it should be. They prioritized other versions which got an initial release, and this is balancing the scales.

Ryu_Niiyama

It's not that odd. Japanese companies do version upgrades all the time. Persona is notorious for it. Either way looking forward to this one. I'd started the 3ds version but put it down once the news about S really got underway.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@NEStalgia They're not going to add the content to the PS4 version when it's a big selling point for this very late Switch port. They didn't even patch something basic like being able to reset the license board into the PS4 version of FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

It's fundamentally untrue to call the PS4 version "incomplete" or a "beta version," though. It's the full game as the developers originally saw it. Most of the stuff they've added is supplementary and unimportant to the broader thrust of the game.

Anyway, as Jax said, and as I've said on Push Square for a while, considering how late this port is, I think it's only fair we're getting exclusive content, considering it was the first game ever announced for the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I don't think Square is very into caring about selling points for their late ports specifically. I mean this is Square. If it's PS exclusive it never goes to other platforms, if it's other platform exclusive it always comes to Playstation. (Or at least that was Square before Sony sold their stake last year....)

WoFF had the DLC back-ported to PS4 for example.

Again I like that Switch has exclusive stuff, but not porting the goodies back to PS just feels very strange for a Square game, and the PS4 version still feels like the ugly duckling. The "FIRST!!1" post of game publishing.

NEStalgia

Magician

AmazonNA has Dragon Quest XI preorders listed at 17% off.

I didn't have a look at AmazonUK to see if it was the same.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

I hope they manage to squeeze a higher resolution out of this. That's my only issue so far. It looks 720p MAX. Which means probably lower on handheld.

Magician

I don't mind a lower resolution as long as the fps doesn't dip too low.

DQB2 taxes the Switch to the breaking point just for the sake of a higher resolution.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic