Forums

Topic: Doom Eternal

Posts 121 to 140 of 148

Vortexeo

So I was browsing the eShop just now and Doom Eternal shows up on the best sellers for "All games" but it doesn't show up on the best sellers for "Download-Only games". I'm just kinda curious why that is. Since the game currently doesn't have a physical release it should show up under the "download only" best sellers, right? 🤔

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

beepboop368

Does anyone know how much storage space the Ancient Gods DLC takes up on Switch? The Eshop page says it's around 20, but so does the page for the base game. I just want to know in case my storage gets eaten up.

beepboop368

Sisilly_G

@beepboop368 : 20GB for the DLC alone?

Surely that can't be right. Even the base game isn't that big (being 17.5GB) and that's where the vast majority of the game's assets would be stored. Bethesda's site states 24.12GB, but that also sounds really hard to believe. I guess somebody will have to download and check to find out.

Bethesda would be stupid to exceed 32GB for the base game and the two DLC packs if there's to be any hope of a complete physical release later on (unless somebody is willing to issue the Switch's very first 64GB cartridge).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Vertpin

Just going to ask here.

I've played a ridiculous amount of Doom Eternal on PS4/PS5. Should I get it on Switch as well?

Vertpin

Henmii

I wanted to download the game and its expansions since they where hugely discounted, but then the small text revealed that you needed a lot of internal space for the game to run. In other words: You can't run the game and the dlc completely from a micro-sd. You need lots of space on your Switch too. Space I want to reserve for my save-files, since they still can't be moved to a micro-sd. I know, saves don't take up much memory. But I don't want to experience the day that I can't store any new save-files because one big game eats up all the internal space. Ah well, maybe I experience Doom Eternal on a future Nintendo device...

Henmii

JaxonH

@Henmii
Don't think this game takes up any more space internally than any other random Switch game.

All Switch games store saves internally.

Alternatively, Zombie Army 4 just released today and is 6GB total. Crazy small file size.

But I still think Doom Eternal is worth it, despite its file size. It's so good on Switch with gyro.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Henmii

@JaxonH

I don't mean the save-files, but the game itself. The Doom Eternal page says explicitly (in the small text) that you need 3 gb for the game on your micro-sd and I think more then 21 gb internal memory. So that would eat up almost all internal memory.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

JaxonH

@Henmii
The game stores on the microSD. I own it.

The only thing on system memory is the save file, which is super small.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Henmii

@JaxonH

Thanks for the answer! If I am fast I can still get the stuff for the discounted price.

Henmii

Henmii

Update: Downloaded the deluxe edition and the "Rip and tear" pack. Now I have the whole series.

Played it for a bit: Wow, this looks much better then Doom 2016. With Doom 2016 I was initially a bit dissapointed, looked very muddy in handheld. Eternal feels very smooth too.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Magician

So the Switch physical release via LRG is official. Considering the asking price is $60, it's fair to assume that the DLC won't be included. However, it does surprise me that LRG are only asking for $60. Since the file size for the base game is 18.8 GB, I assumed LRG would be asking for $70, passing the cost of the 32 cartridge to its customers.

Or will LRG cheapen out? Use 16 GB cartridges and ask customers to download 2.8 GB of data? As a collector who wants a complete LRG collection, I'll be purchasing a copy regardless, even though I already own a digital copy. This physical release should be interesting.
https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-154-d...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician do you think this will get a wider retail release? This has happened with games such as star wars, but with it being so long since the digital release it would be a bit strange...

MarioBrickLayer

Sisilly_G

@Magician : It makes no sense NOT to include the DLC when the game will require a 32GB cartridge anyway.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I strongly suspect that Bethesda will produce a tailor-made physical exclusive build for LRG's release, which will be a standalone release of only the base game on a 16GB cartridge. My theory is supported by the fact that LRG's page for the game only lists English as a supported language, so, I suspect that the other languages have been cut specifically for this release, and perhaps the developers will further cut extraneous data in order to squeeze it all onto a 16GB cart.

Furthermore, I suspect that the expansions will be issued their own similar standalone release containing a physical exclusive build.

Ideally, I would have loved for the game + DLC + patches to be housed in a single 32GB cartridge, but standalone releases on 16GB carts is a compromise that I can accept, that is, if my theory is correct.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

@MarioBrickLayer : We can't really say one way or the other, but considering how cheap the game is currently on other platforms, I can't see Bethesda coming out with a US$60 retail release this late into the game.

Zuljaras

@Magician They clearly do not advertised it with the DLC. But then again they did not advertise DooM 3 to have its expansion on there as well.

Still I do not think that it will include the DLCs

They purposefully avoid answering that question on Twitter

Magician

@Silly_G I like your theory of cutting languages other than English for the sake of using a 16GB cartridge.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

As this is the next numbered release from LRG, pre orders should open in early July shouldn't they?

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Update from Limited Run, multiple languages supported but no DLC included...

Multiple editions available...

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/doom-eternal

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

Mildly deflating, but...I'm invested regardless.
Untitled

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I just did a quick google search to try and find a release history, but i'm not sure what v1.09 refers too.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic