Forums

Topic: Doom Eternal

Posts 101 to 120 of 148

Blooper987

Did anyone here ever find the DOOG Eternal Easter egg before they removed it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Tendo64

NintendoPete wrote:

@Tendo64

meat hook worked perfectly for me when I played the game.

Strange. Have done a bit of research on it and it seems a few playing it on the PS4 and on PC also had the same issue as me.

Also worth noting that for the first time of my playthrough, I got a software error message when I was playing the final mission. Might just be my copy of the game with a couple of bugs towards the end, if that's possible.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Grumblevolcano

Ancient Gods Part 2 is the last expansion for DOOM Eternal. As Part 1 isn't on the Switch yet, I could see a physical version happening with the base game and both parts of Ancient Gods on the cart.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano If DOOM 2016 wasn't able to fit all its single player content and expansions onto the cartridge and if Eternal was turned into a digital-only release, there's no way Eternal could be given such a treatment

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Zuljaras

@TheFrenchiestFry Wasn't the whole Single Player campaign on the cartridge? I read that the base single player is playable on the cartridge. The Multiplayer and the Language packs are in the patches.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am trying to find a nice used copy of DooM for the Switch.

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry That was more due to them choosing a cheaper cartridge size than not being able to fit it all on there. Witcher 3 set the bench mark of having 28GB-ish and Doom was smaller than that.

@Zuljaras Yeah it's single player is all on cart, some of the updates since then do add things like gyro aiming though. I've got it physical and the download update is about 8/9GB.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry They did use a 8GB cart for DOOM 2016 though so only the single player fitted on the cart. DOOM Eternal size on the eshop is 18.8GB which means 16GB cart would result in forced updates but 32GB cart ends up with a lot of free space on the cart so they may want to do physical version with everything on the cart like Witcher 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

nib0

I've held off buying Doom Eternal because of its large file size, and because I half expect that a game like that will get a physical release at some point. I'd snap it up on a physical cartridge with DLC added for sure.

Edited on by nib0

nib0

dionysos283

Doom Eternal is 50% off right now in the European eshop.

dionysos283

jump

@dionysos283 fantastic, I've just bought it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

dionysos283

@jump
Me too. Didn’t expect such a price drop this early. But I’m not complaining.

dionysos283

dionysos283

Apparently Doom Eternal just received an update to version 1.3. Does anyone know what improvements / features it brings? Can't find anything on the internet.

dionysos283

Vortexeo

It's 50% off over here in the US as well! Can't wait to pick it up!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Magician

50% off is the "sweet spot" for me.

With no guarantee of a physical release of Doom Eternal on Switch, now's the time to buy.

So much for saving those gold coins for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw or Smash Pass 2.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

Dang... that's tempting. I really want physical, though.

rallydefault

W90WBA

I'm after a good shooter game on the switch and Doom seems exactly what I'm looking for

Is there much of a difference between this and the previous Doom? Both the same price on sale so just trying to work out which is the better one to grab

W90WBA

dionysos283

@Shane17
I haven’t played Doom Eternal yet. But Doom 2016 seems to be easier, has more horror elements (walking through dark corridors, occasional jump scare), and the graphical downgrades aren’t as severe as with the new Doom. Doom Eternal has harder enemies and multiple platforming sections. But both are fantastic games, and if you like one you’d probably like both.

dionysos283

1ofUs

Should I play doom eternal? I'm 14

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

jump

@1ofUs No, you should be playing this instead ;p

Untitled

Rather than looking at if you can play a game because of your age you should be thinking about should you be playing a game for your maturity. I played games and watched movies far worse when I was 14 but everyone matures at different rates.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

1ofUs

@jump that game looks very intense

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic