Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,002

SKTTR

Ok, once you get the controls down, lock on to the enemies, have that green endurance bar internalized to have enough power to hold the shield up I'm finally getting somewhere.

I had to cheat and lure that giant pig into the fire and burn it to death though.
I still haven't reached a checkpoint but it seems I'm close to open that gate to have a shortcut.
At least the giant pig stays dead when I die.

Is this the first level of the game?
How does the online work?

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Xyphon22 2 of those can last 500 hours so you have a ton of content in just those 3 games.

I gave up on Hyrule Warriors after 200 hours but a friend has 800 hours on it and still not everything completed, and I don't count maxing-out character levels. (If you'd count those I bet it would add like 5000 hours.)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

EvilLucario

@Xyphon22 The actual game starts off much easier. That part of the game (the third/fourth area of the game) is a major difficulty spike with harder enemy placement and (imo) the hardest boss in the entire game. (Orestein and Smough and Manus are easier because by the time you get to them, you should know how Dark Souls works and their attack patterns aren't too bad)

The demo also never lets you level up stats. So you can make things easier by grinding mooks and leveling up stuff like vitality and strength.

Finally, some weapons are just flat-out better than most others at certain points in the game. If you picked the Black Knight class in the demo, you can kill every respawning enemy in one hit, and the boss at the end of the demo goes down far too easily with a few jump slashes. (And in the full game you can get that same weapon before the part in the demo)

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@SKTTR In the normal game, there is a bonfire nearby east of the church that you cannot access in the demo.

Also, it's the third/fourth area of the game.

Online is basically PvP. With an item, you can invade other people playing the game, and while they're busy fending off their normal PvE, you can invade their worlds and kill them. I believe there are restrictions so high-leveled guys can't just invade low-leveled guys though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

And of course you can play offline if you're not into the whole invasion thing.

And I think there's clans you can join where you summon someone to help, and in return sometimes you go help others when summoned

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryzaerian

@SKTTR

You didn’t cheat. You found a viable way of murdering that vxkxtnc, which is precisely what you’re supposed to do.

My Pyromancer made a delicious bbq out of him. 😁

@Xyphon22

If your goal is to progress through games as quickly as possible to ease up some backlog pressure, you will definitely be more satisfied with easier, faster titles.

If you get a craving for a challenging, but ultimately rewarding and fun (in the sadomasochistic sense 😁), game that progresses at a different pace, give Dark Souls a whirl.

Edited on by Eel

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Ralizah

This demo isn't user-friendly at all. I've actually played Dark Souls before, and I still felt out of sorts.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Xyphon22

@Ryzaerian That's not really my goal or else I wouldn't be interested in those games as I definitely cannot go through them quickly. Just with limited time to play games, I'm going to choose games I know I want and will enjoy over one that I might grow to enjoy hours down the line. That said, I did just play it again and liked it a little better since I followed everyone's words on here and chose the Black Knight and lured that pig into a fire and then jumped on his back (still not really sure what killed him, but suddenly he was gone, so I'm not complaining). The plodding pace and having to kill everyone again whenever you rest at the fire is super annoying, but nothing I couldn't get over.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ryzaerian

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m looking forward to the retail version of Dark Souls: Failed to invade.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

EvilLucario

@Xyphon22 Another thing about the demo, it strangely omits one of the checkpoints that you can get half-way through. So in the full game you won't have to do as much backtracking to where you were.

Of course by half-way through the game the checkpoints start to feel spacious, but still you'll be leveled up enough with good gear to take care of most threats fairly comfortably.

javman05

Still on the fence about this, after reading what I've read I know I should like this but even that hog thing in the demo is proving too difficult. How do I beat it

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

OorWullie

@javman05 You need to stab the hog in the one place it doesn't have armour, its ass. Coax the soldiers towards the narrow hall, take them out and then move close enough to the hog so that it starts its charge. Then move back into the previous room,stand to the side and the hig will come charging through. You should now be able to see its exposed part so proceed to stab it where it hurts. Once it's taken out you don't need to worry about it again. After you die and restart it's just the soldiers and archers in that room.

I was really struggling with it on my first session but last night something clicked and I done pretty well.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

javman05

@OorWullie cheers sir appreciate that

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

Dezzy

Xyphon22 wrote:

@Dezzy @Ryzaerian So how exactly is the actual game different than this? Is it easier and doesn't require 50 deaths to learn what you are doing?

I haven't played the network test but if it's the same one the PS4 had, they just throw you into the middle of the action.
The full game builds things up fairly slowly so you learn how the game works along the way. It's much more exploration driven too. You have a lot of options for where to go at any given point.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

So pretty much the Dark Souls Remastered Network Test is about as useless as Monster Hunter demos for newcomers then?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano I didn't get and won't get a chance to try it but looking at YouTube I just keep thinking, wow, this reminds me of a MH demo. Thrown in with no explanation of what to do and figure it out for yourself with better armor then you would start out with.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Seriously, everyone. I'm trying to find reasons to not buy every game released on Switch, and I had found some for this one, and now you are shooting them all down. Stop it. I can't buy every game...right?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NEStalgia

Yeah the hog is pwning me. Not stop. I avoided him successfully at one point, made it far, but never found the next fire. Ugh. Is this really the first level of the game? Ds3 started out easier....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah glad to hear the demo is problematic. I played only some of 3 pls some of nuoh and it was never this bad.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic