Forums

Topic: Celeste

Posts 121 to 125 of 125

Mr-Fuggles777

@BenAV the game had already given me upgrades, first you get the wall stick and the double jump, then you get the power from the mirror that let's you jump through blocks so it wasn't that big an assumption to think that I would get another upgrade - especially when I find a computer in the middle of a level that gives you another dash partway through.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

BenAV

@Mr-Fuggles777 You get the ability to climb and dash during the tutorial, they're just the basic mechanics of the game. You don't get a power to go through the blocks in chapter two, the blocks themselves change. All of those are required to progress the game. If you are to get any extra upgrades or abilities, it's not going to come from playing an optional mini-game in a secret room.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Mr-Fuggles777

@BenAV It hardly felt like a secret room, it was right in the middle of the hotel and I made rhe assumption I needed the extra jump to move forward. I dont see the fuss about the game I've found it gets quite boring just doing the same thing over and over - Go in a room, learn the jump pattern and move on to the next.
I've turned on unlimited dash now just to see the ending as I want to know who the shadow monster is.

BenAV

@Mr-Fuggles777 Yeah, just an assumption based on basically nothing so that's on you rather than the game.

That's also probably the worst description of Celeste that I've ever heard but each to their own. Just not a game for you I guess.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Mr-Fuggles777

@BenAV how else would you describe it? Each room has a pretty obvious solution and it's just a case of timing the jumps to get through (like a less challenging super meat boy).
Nothing changes in a room and you don't need to really adapt to things on the fly, even when there's obstacles moving around or the boss chase sections (which Ori did 100 times better) you just need to learn the movement patterns to progress.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic