Forums

Topic: Celeste

Posts 101 to 120 of 125

Quarth

@Teksetter Thanks! Yeah, I think so too. Just hope it arrives safely.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Quarth

And today the physical copy arrived, so finally I could try Celeste out, this is the first time I've played this game. Wow! Only played for a little while, but the graphics, music and gameplay really got me hooked. I think it will take some time before I master the controls though.

Oh, and LRG have produced a great physical edition!

Teksetter

@Quarth
That’s good news! I definitely agree it’s a great game and LRG’s physical edition is top notch. And no update patches whatsoever the first time I booted up the cart, just plug and play! That speaks volumes in this day and age.
I got up to stage 5 before taking a break for another LRG physical gem, River City Girls 😄
I’ll go back to Celeste and take my time with it, even if Luigi distracts me a bit this week Really such an uplifting game even if the strawberry gathering can drive me crazy.
I hope you enjoy it as well!

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Quarth

@Teksetter Yeah, LM3 will get the most attention right now. Will pick that one up this afternoon. Oh, and then we got the backlog... Witcher 3, Ni No Kuni, Baldur's Gate... all started recently. Glad I at least got DQXI, FE:TH and TLoZ:ALttP out of the way.

But the thing that's great with Celeste is how easy it is to pick up and play for some minutes, before going on to meatier games.

Henmii

Started playing the game recently. Good game, very weak graphics though. But man, is it HARD!! Chapter 4, with all the wind arrggghhhh!! I almost gave up. Almost.

Henmii

Ralizah

@Henmii The game has strong art design, but the character sprites are garbage. It's actually what kept me from playing the game for years.

I ended up putting in 28 hours or so into it. Good game.

Played any of the B-Side levels yet?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Henmii

@Ralizah,

I tried one b-side so far, but got to a part where I couldn't get further. I'll try it again later.

Henmii

rallydefault

Pretty sure they wanted the graphics like that, guys.... (Sorry if I'm not picking up the sarcasm)

I like them. Or at the least I never minded them.

rallydefault

Quarth

The graphics are fine. I like it.

crashcontrol

Probably one of the best 2d platformers ever

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Henmii

Yes, the game is really good (and really hard). If only the graphics weren't that simplistic (why doesn't Madeline have a face?). Other then that it's great.

I have almost every Strawberry. I have the tapes. I have all crystal hearts minus one (I had to look a couple up, they are very hard to find). Now I only need to finish the core, Farewell levels, and all the b, c, and d-sides. Let's face it, that aint gonna happen. I am already perplexed that I finished the Resort b-side: It was insane!!

Henmii

kkslider5552000

So this is my favorite game on Switch so far, and the most obsessed I've been with a game beyond Nintendo...IPs (lol AM2R ftw) since probably Undertale. Like I've been playing it long after I should have gone to something else, and I continually want to watch Youtube vids on it.

Beyond the many other reasons why its so good, I love how this game combines really challenging but mostly fair gameplay with artsy indie game storytelling. There are some games that really try to make profound stories out of taking full advantage of gameplay as part of narrative (as in playing it enhances your engagement to the story, instead of playing a game and merely watching good story related cutscenes, for example). But most of those try to go outside of traditional video game gameplay. Like Journey or walking simulators. But outside of borderline not having enemies, Celeste is just a straight up great platformer. But playing that great platformer makes the story of climbing this mountain feel all the more powerful, as you keep trying to reach the top via platforming challenges. Especially in the last couple of levels. ESPECIALLY when my hands were really hurting going through that entire last level, its almost like I experienced a tiny amount of that struggle myself. Which was not intentional I assume, but added a lot. It's kinda like if Rayman Legends had a strong, emotional story.

And there's plenty of games where I love the gameplay and story, but very few combined them as well as this imo.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

Yeah, this is not normally my type of game, and I do not struggle with depression. If either of those things were true for me this might be my favorite game ever, that's how good it is. I really enjoyed my time with it, even if it did make my hand cramp sometimes.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

rallydefault

It's definitely one of the best 2D platformers of the last decade if not all time. Going back to it from time to time I do sometimes feel the character is a bit stiff, especially on the ground, but that's nitpicky for an otherwise awesome game.

rallydefault

Nicolai

Has anyone tried for the Golden Strawberries? Its taken me a friggin' long time but I managed to get all but 4. Chapter 7 Side B is kicking my butt. I've put the run off twice now, I'm not sure if I'll ever get it.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Mr-Fuggles777

Finally given this game ago and I was really enjoying up until Pico8. I was able to complete the mini game, but it has p****d me off so much not rewarding anything for the work I'm now playing the rest of the game with assist mode on just to get it done.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Nicolai

I kinda agree, they could have communicated better what the pico8 game was, for those of us who didn't follow the development. It did kinda feel like a waste of time the first time I played through it a little. I appreciated it more when I returned to it much later having done a lot of the game's stuff already.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Mr-Fuggles777

@Nicolai I thought it was going to give me that double jump for the full game - That's the only reason I pushed through or I would have skipped it and cracked on with the game.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

BenAV

@Mr-Fuggles777 I thought it was pretty obvious that it was just an optional mini-game for fun when I played it at launch. Not sure why you'd assume it's going to give you a double jump when that would have basically just broken the game and made it too easy when the levels aren't designed around it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic