Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 681 to 700 of 733

BruceCM

Cool, that's a great asterisk you got there, then, @NintendoByNature ..... Onto the next place!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM spent about 1.5-2 hours on the dungeon leading up to Adam. Haven't gotten to him yet bc it was about 1230am when I got to a save point. Hoping he's not too difficult 😬

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, he shouldn't be at this stage, @NintendoByNature .... There were a few points for it in that other thread, so see how it goes & we'll help more if needed

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM @X-Slayer gave Adam a few tries last night to no avail.. I think I've said it a couple times already, but status effects never seem to work for me and it's rather frustrating. 1 out of every 20-25 times I'm able to do poison or sleep. So I had that as Elvis' sub job and spiritmaster as main( for healthbringer). The poison finally worked at the very end ( 20 something'th time)Monk and white mage for seth, phantom and white mage for Gloria, and Adele is shieldmaster and monk.

I got him down to a low enough HP but then he annihilated my entire team in one turn even though we had full health. With that said, I switched to freelancer for Elvis to get some offense going since poison wasn't really working and it was pretty much a waste of a turn every time I'd try. And what was worse was we were stuck idle at battling while he was in between 30000-37000hp as he kept healing so I was just treading water.

Got my butt kicked again a couple times so I put it down. I'll give it a couple more shots tonight but it really stinks battling for 30 min each time to finally die. Looking for an easy way to defeat him. And what status effects would actually work to take him out quickly when he gets low enough hp to not do that 1 shot death move on us. Thanks in advance.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, I didn't really try many status effects on him, so perhaps he is resistant to most, @NintendoByNature .... It's mostly a race to take him out ASAP, since I don't remember him using any party annihilating moves! He's weak to axes, if you have anyone who can use those & then a black mage for thundaga as that's the only element he doesn't halve damage of! If you're having that much trouble with him, the final boss will definitely wipe the floor with you

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Uh, after the 'main boss', there's a pretty extensive post game, @NintendoByNature .... Guess what those bosses are like, then? (Hint, not easier)

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM think I have no choice but to shelve the game. It's sad bc I do love it, but I just spent 3 hours on Adam, not including my hour and a half last night. Did I also mention I'm playing on casual? Lol. It's crazy honestly, since I'm at level 51-52 for my party and everything I've read is mid 40s should be adequate. I've gotten as low as 5000hp a couple times and then he wipes the floor with me with his death move( forgot the name). It just becomes a viscous cycle of him re-healing and me not doing enough damage to take him out. It wears you out after a while honestly. And like you said, if the bosses are even harder later on, I'm not cut out of for it. Put a good 45-50 hours in, so I did my best, I just can't hack it haha. Thanks for all of the tips though. They did help!

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Shame, @NintendoByNature .... Going to look up the rest of the story, then? I got wiped by Adam 1st time there but just managed him after adjusting jobs, so I'm not sure why you're having that much trouble with him

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Oh, cool, that's probably something that helped me as I had just got my Phantom around that level but I had to change some other jobs to go with it, @X-Slayer ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM @X-Slayer thanks again for the feedback. Thats part of the problem though, is I can rarely get him poisoned. I'm frustrated i can't get passed this boss and I'm worried it'll be even tougher from here on out. I may try one more time today but that'll be it. Im not crazy about repeating the same thing over and over again spending multiple hours on it. The game hasn't dulled for me though, so that's good. It just has these crazy difficulty spikes that are hard to overcome, even on casual.

NintendoByNature

komodo182

@NintendoByNature I can't say I played with status much, but sub spiritmaster made me pretty much invincible for most boss battles. Had one person as a white mage. The rest varied. Auto healing hp/mp, reviving and status clear (forget the actual names) was awesome to have.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

NintendoByNature

@komodo182 yea health and spirit bringer are amazing to use and I spam them quite often. The problem I'm running into with this particular boss is he's able to heal himself by 9,999hp and If Im lucky I'm doing 5k damage at the very most with only 1 member. Everyone else does 1,000-1,500 damage. So it's a battle of treading water.

NintendoByNature

komodo182

@NintendoByNature Neo cross slash (vanguard) was powerful for doing damage. Can't remember if Holy (spiritmaster) did a lot fo damage to Adam. Godspeed strike (thief) is good for damage if your speed is high. Body slam for freelancer. Reprisal from shieldmaster was useful for some bosses. Its about finding a combo that works for you.

BruceCM

Phantom is definitely 1 great job to have someone main, too ... Mine had a fully mastered thief as sub When I get around to resuming my Steam version, I'll update on this boss

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@komodo182 ah thanks. I have every job fully leveled except necromancer I believe since that was my most recent one acquired. I can try vanguard and thief too.

NintendoByNature

komodo182

@NintendoByNature Having "There in spirit" is important for the spiritmaster sub. This is automatically assigned if you use the ability sub job speciality 2 and have one or fewer BP. Counter savvy is a useful ability too.

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer @komodo182 @BruceCM thanks everyone. Managed to beat him with using dragoon and vanguard. I dk why this time around, but those two jobs, along with phantom were dealing heavy damage( upwards of 9999 damage at times. Even phantom was doing 2000 before he was poisoned.

He had about 12,000hp and I only had Seth with 3bp and everyone else was low or negative. I went all in with jump for the entire party and then neo cross slash to finish him off. I had just enough to get it done. That was rough lol.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic