Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 661 to 680 of 733

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer got to Domenic and it's also proving to be tough. I have to look at the abilities a little more in depth to see how to set up this revenge attack. He does a great job of destroying my party when he has 3bp all in 1 shot.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 ya for sure. I did try that a couple times. The funny part is, I destroy him most of the battle and never once do I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of losing. All of a sudden, bam, my entire team goes down. Its an odd boss battle bc of that.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

You have got at least 1 sands of time accessory, right, @NintendoByNature ....? Bard's really good against him, along with if you have Pictomancer & even better if you nearly mastered that Let us know how it goes

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I have the sands of time pendant( only 1 though as I just got it). Does it matter who uses it? I also have pictomancer and bard fully mastered at this point. But what abilities should I be using for those two jobs?

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, he uses mostly magic, so your 1st priority is to decrease that, @NintendoByNature ..... His 'nasty' triple attack is actually ONE move! Then, several jobs do have abilities that can protect you from his 'stop', which is otherwise a big nuisance & the accessory for whomever seems most likely to need it out of the rest of your party!
Your main problem after that is his weakness being dark, which most of your party can't really target & that's where your pictomancer comes in with scuro! Beastmaster is supposed to be really useful, too but I didn't have one, so I don't really know much about them.

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

No problem, @NintendoByNature ..... Vanguards & Berserkers are good, too but let us know how it goes & if needed, I'm sure others here have some ideas, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

Wow, finally after a few days, I beat Domenic.. wouldn't say I had a specific strategy. Guess I just got lucky this time around as I didn't try anything new or different. Sure hope this isn't forecasting what's to come in terms of difficulty later in the game or I might have to check out lol

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, naturally, bosses do tend to be difficult, @NintendoByNature .... But then you'll have more jobs or have mastered more jobs, with better weapons & armour, etc! If you like doing most of the side-quests, you shouldn't need to grind much Keep us posted, I'm sure we'll be able to get you through it all

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM thankfully, I fairly easily beat Lonsdale. Although it was quite the grind with the mount of HP he had.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Did you happen to have magic focused jobs for him, @NintendoByNature .... ? Anyway, if that's the 1st place you went as there's a choice, the others are more difficult

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM eek. Yea thats the first place I went. I used the health bringer and white mage curaga endlessly to get through it. Worked rather well. I also used the sword Master counter attack as well.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Cool, that is where I'd have said to go 1st, @NintendoByNature .... Where next?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM savalon is my next stop. I already did a few things here and did a one shot chance on the boss. Way too hard thus far. I may just do some side stuff and look for those shining boss fights out in the wild for some XP.
@X-Slayer I'm trying to take that all in. I'm still a little new to JRPGs so alot of this flies over my head. I really appreciate the thorough response and I'll attempt to try that. Hopefully with me grinding, and leveling up some newer jobs, including the one from Lonsdale, I should have it be quite easy.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer awesome thank you again. Oracle is nearly mastered at this point by Gloria. I've found having Gloria be my white mage and Elvis being my spirit master, I've had two sizable boss fights be very manageable (I just did the optional dead horse boss in the desert). Between that and Lonsdale, I, for the most handled it fairly well with only a couple scares. I've also had both Seth and Adele be swordmasters with a sub of monk. Think that's enough to head in to marla or perhaps have more jobs like bard and pictomancer?

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Oracle & Spiritmaster are great jobs, @NintendoByNature .... What are the subs for those 2? As for Marla, let's just point out she has an excellent asterisk to give you! If you have a spear for any of your physical attackers, that helps?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM perfect I'll be using them. I'll have to see what sub jobs they're assigned to, as I can't recall off the top of my head.
@X-Slayer I will definitely use spear, as well as elemental supplement

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Fortunately, light is a relatively easy weakness to exploit, so you should be fine, @NintendoByNature .... Let us know how it goes

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic