Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 661 to 680 of 706

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea so vanguard is mastered by Seth and maybe Adele as well? I can't recall. I think Elvis has 2 more levels to master bard at this point, and I know Adele mastered shieldmaster. I'll try again tonight and see how I do.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Cool, so Adele maybe shieldmaster/ vanguard, @NintendoByNature .... Elvis should be good levels there, then, it's probably just a little tweaking needed! Not sure I really have much better advice, so maybe others remember that battle & have some ideas, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM thanks again. I'll see what I can do tonight. Just that sleeping thing really bothers me. Not sure why I have to inflict it so many times with a low success rate.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, it's one approach, @NintendoByNature ..... I didn't do it that way myself, as I hadn't started Elvis on Bard in my 1st play-through & juggled around what jobs I did have with some levels in! It was tough that way but it's definitely possible as an option! Just make sure to dispose of Helio ASAP & never default

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM got it. I've been shy about going right after helio until Gladys is sleeping bc of that guard she puts up for him(everytime you strike him she hits you).

NintendoByNature

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature To have a chance at Gladys, you have to use other status ailments like Charm. From what I know, at least Gladys doesn’t have immunities to any status effects. I also had it difficult until I used various status attacks.

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Metroid Dread (mid frequently)
Pokémon Y (mid frequently)
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature Oh, and evade defaulting, when she is able to attack. It will always increase her BP until she auto attacks a default when she reaches 3BP. Try debuffing her attacks.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer all good stuff. Thank you for the help. I'll try some other status effects.

NintendoByNature

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature No problem 😊 It’s always a good idea to have one character that can do various (or multiple) status attacks.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm sure the sleep idea is a good one, @NintendoByNature .... Just that it's definitely doable without that, if it's proving too much hassle Debuffing her attacks definitely helps, I was doing plenty of that with my party, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

FX102A

Currently my JRPG of choice this; on Chapter 4 I believe and just finished the “story” in the snowy city which really upped the drama a fair bit.

Like the last two games, I’m constantly switching jobs with the aim of bringing all up to level 12. If all the jobs are meant to take up 2 bookmarks columns then I am approx 3/4 of the way there.

FX102A

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM well I was able to progress last night with no help to sleep or poison. Mostly just went hard on helio then slowly chipped away at Gladys. I did 20+ attempts at sleep and none of them worked. I gave up honestly. Love that game mostly, but not that little frustrating stuff

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, I think I'll probably try to do it as much like the same as possible when I get there again, then, @NintendoByNature ..... Generally, in this game, buffs & debuffs work pretty well but glad you're past that battle, anyway Keep us posted!

SW-4357-9287-0699

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature Glad that you could defeat her. If future battles prove to be difficult, try having the monster job as a sub. I have had to do that against strong opponents more than once. And remember the job that you get in that village in your current region. I think one ability from that job increases status ailments infliction rate, if I’m not mistaken.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

X-Slayer

@NintendoByNature Of course, can also use the revenge ability and other BP gain abilities to use the Body attack move from the Freelancer to delay your enemy turn, which I hear works on bosses too. At least, most of them.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

Balta666

@X-Slayer it absolutely does, I got to a point by the end game (including final final boss) where an enemy alone against you simply never gets a turn

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

X-Slayer

@Balta666 I appreciate confirming since it has been a long time since I played the game.

@NintendoByNature Hope it helps lessen your future boss battles.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer got to Domenic and it's also proving to be tough. I have to look at the abilities a little more in depth to see how to set up this revenge attack. He does a great job of destroying my party when he has 3bp all in 1 shot.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature in general a good tactic is to default the whole team when that happens to be able to take the damage and then unleash hell on the opponent

Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic