Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 3

Posts 421 to 423 of 423

Henmii

Now that I am quite far into the game: Its not as good as number 2, but still a very enjoyable rollercoaster-ride. But you do feel from the start that its a game that had a troubled development-time. They wanted to make a openworld-bayonetta, but at some point decided to ditch that approach (probably because the Switch couldn't handle it). The result is very big levels and no story. After a very moody start you get a extremely long cutscene. After that you finally get to the first proper setpiece (the cruiseship). That cutscene I mentioned was faaaaar to long. The game has lots of big enemies and bosses, those look great. The enviroments look less. The game is very dark, so I had to brighten the game in the menu. Action is great, but only far into the game it becomes challenging. At standard it keeps really simple for a long time. Bayo 2 gets much more difficult much earlier on. Lots of variety, lots of crazy stuff going on. Fun Jeanne and Viola missions (Viola is pretty hard). Great music. Lots of collectables, lots of crazy weapons. If it gets really hard, you can cheese it a bit with those big demons (works especially well in Viola missions). The platform sections are a bit out of place, it doesn't work that well. Its a pretty big game, doing everything might take quite some time. I am 15 hours in and at chapter 12.

Update: The ending was unexpected and did make me cry, especially with that sad and beautiful creditsong afterwards. I really wonder what's next for Bayonetta: [[<spoiler></spoiler> I don't think I can accept Viola as the new Bayonetta, especially if her katana/blocking-gameplay replaces the normal gameplay. Maybe there's a way she can still save Bayonetta, Luka and maybe Jeanne? Maybe we can play as Bayonetta trying to escape from hell? <spoiler></spoiler>]]

Update: 30 hours in, having done most of the stuff. But I can't 100% complete it before the new Zelda, and Zelda comes first. I must say that exploring the huge levels and finding everything (and wrecking the place) is great fun. I was to harsh about the platform-sections it seems. They do work for the most part, but sometimes they are frustrating (mostly because of the camera) but I am happy they are in. For a sequel they should keep the big levels with all the collectables and platforming. But they should make the game harder earlier on and give it a proper story.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

TopazLink

I'm very glad that the Bewitchments in this game don't do anything, I did all the Bewitchments in the first two and you actually get rewards for doing them.

But the only one I haven't done in 3 is the Baal Zebul performance with no damage and I'm not going to. If the next game goes back to having Bewitchments unlock things, but has ones like that, then I won't bother

TopazLink

TopazLink

Ahh heck, I actually did it! I could sometimes get past the first two parts without damage, but that last part was tripping me up a lot and having to quit to the title screen, wait on a loading screen and having to sit through an unskippable cutscene and then only maybe getting past the first two parts and having to try again was real rough...

Watching a video of someone doing the last part perfectly, noting down all the correct buttons and trying to match the rhythm of the button presses to the music was what finally got me through it, still took a while though!

TopazLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic