Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 1,081 to 1,083 of 1,083

the_shpydar

@CanisWolfred
Yeah, i get that. Perhaps the "not a sequel" marketing-speak is more to that point then; that they want to make sure people know that they'll still be developing a 3D platformer.

But regardless, it's still a sequel.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

the_shpydar wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Yeah, i get that. Perhaps the "not a sequel" marketing-speak is more to that point then; that they want to make sure people know that they'll still be developing a 3D platformer.

Or a spin-off. That's a thing, you know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

the_shpydar

CanisWolfred wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Or a spin-off. That's a thing, you know.

True. But i don't think a game where you play as the same characters, doing the same basic moves, fighting the same type of enemies, in the same type of environments would be a spin-off.

Though perhaps we're just getting hung up on terminology. It reminds me of how Hollywood is constantly interchangeably and incorrectly using the terms "reboot", "remake", "revival" and "reimagining" these days.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic