Forums

Topic: Astral Chain

Posts 201 to 220 of 337

NintendoByNature

Definitely goty.. At least for me. Only got a few files left and dare I say....a possible 10/10?!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Yes.

The non-combat parts are excellent. Just as entertaining as the action itself, which is quite the feat. It’s also a much more well rounded game than Bayonetta 2. Not to say there’s anything wrong with having a pure action title. I love Bayo for that, and Bayonetta 3 Will be that kind of game, which is awesome. But it’s so nice having a game that’s a more rounded full package.

And the combat is so much more in-depth and strategic. I am constantly being forced to think about what I’m doing, and managing a second character is one of the most unique spins on the genre I’ve ever experienced. And to be honest the execution is pretty much flawless. It’s just so much fun controlling your Legion and making them chain up enemies, going into focus mode and slicing in certain directions, using your legion for platforming and jump attacks, I love the upgrade system and the skills and passive abilities assigned in the slots.

And to top it all off the game is drop dead gorgeous with some really high-quality voice acting, and a story that’s actually interesting. When I’m playing this game, I always end up playing for three times longer than I plan because I just can’t put it down. And I think that’s telling about the quality of this gem from Platinum Games.

I play a lot of different video games, and as a result I play a lot of really good video games. I’ve got a long list of games that are what I consider must-owns. But every now and then you run across one where you’re just absolutely taken aback by how astoundingly good it is. Fire Emblem was one of those games. Astral Chain is also one of those games. And if I’m being completely honest, I think I like it even more than Fire Emblem. And FE is one of my all time fave series, tied with Monster Hunter. Yet even with the Iceborn expansion dropping, all I can think about is... playing more Astral Chain.

When a game is so good it can make me put MH on the back burner, you know... you know it’s gotta be something incredibly rare and special.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

I'm with you on all points. I'm getting really good at chaining up enemies and landing tons of combos, executing my legion with ZL after a chain of attacks and it lights up, and most importantly, dodging. I'm tearing enemies up finally. D ranking or not. Story is on point, voice acting is great. I almost feel like im playing arkam asylum at times but the action of bayonetta. Im hoping like crazy this will actually be a trilogy like they teased.

NintendoByNature

Quarth

Seems like they removed all the negative troll "reviews" on Metacritic, the game now has a 9.0 in user score.

My game of the year. First I thought it was going to be Fire Emblem, but this game truly has it all.

What is your favorite legion? Mine is the Beast, love how it feels like a real dog when it's searching for stuff, even scratching a closed door that was in the way.

Also gotta love that Kyle character. Unique and cool design.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

OorWullie

I'm only up to the (I think) the final boss on File 4 but I've already logged 14 hours so at this rate it's going to take me 40 hours plus to finish. I did restart 2 missions though and I've been exploring every nook and cranny.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Ryu_Niiyama

I may have to cave and get this on amazon. I can't find it near me.

Edit: It out of stock with them too! lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Quarth

Wonder if Nintendo underestimated the demand for this game?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

RR529

Looks like, somehow, I'm not going to get my copy today.

I ordered it last weekend, and although I knew they wouldn't ship it out until after Monday (because of the holiday), I figured I'd have it by the end of the week since they promise 2 day shipping (it's Walmart, and I haven't had a problem before), and although it was in Kansas City on Thursday (I live in a city about 30-40 minutes north of KC), and was scheduled to arrive on Friday, I didn't recieve any updates at all yesterday, and come this morning (Saturday) they for some reason sent it a couple of states south & it's in frickin' Oklahoma for whatever reason.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@RR529 damn that blows. Have you considered canceling the order and picking up in store? It might even be cheaper

NintendoByNature

RR529

@NintendoByNature, I'm still not done with the DQXI demo (and haven't yet downloaded the new DXM demo), so the wait isn't a huge deal, it's just a bit disappointing since I figured it's what I'd be playing this weekend.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Grumblevolcano

Replayability works very well in this game. I tried it out with File 09 and you replay the file, previously completed cases have a tick next to them which allows you to figure out where in the file the cases you missed were and once you've finished the file you can just return back to the file you were on before replaying without losing any progress. Of course you can choose whatever you difficulty want with the replay, I still stuck with Casual but I'll move up to Pt Standard once I've found the cases I missed.

At this rate Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be released before I start Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Galenmereth I've noticed that too in the corners. It can get tough getting back out when you're getting pummeled by enemies

NintendoByNature

RR529

Contacted Walmart's support team and they said they'd send a replacement copy since FedEx, apparently, either lost my copy or sent it to the wrong place.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Pho

Beat it today, the ending is incredible! Had alot of fun, and I love the music in this game.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Casco

Bought it since launch. Played like 30 min but decided I would save it for a 15 hour plane trip on Friday, ready with an Anker battery as well. Looking forward to it.

Edited on by Casco

Casco

NintendoByNature

@Galenmereth I hear you on that. I've also had issues where am trying to focus on someone right next to me but instead I'm looking at an enemy much further away.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Since you haven't gotten a full answer (and for anyone else who's curious), replaying files in this game works the same way as past missions in Bayonetta, with the added bonus of being able to start partway through. You can play through 3, then jump to 6, then back to the present, or even leave mid past file and start a different one instead, though you'll miss getting money for completing the chapter. If you skip part way into the file, you'll only get the percentage that you played as a multiplier on your money at the end. Also, beating levels on PT Standard unlocks PT Ultimate, not sure if there is another level above that yet (I'm guessing there is), as I want to finish the whole game on Standard before beginning Ultimate.

Also, I believe (though I'm not certain) your rank on each file is the combination of the highest scores you've gotten on each case, as part of the whole playing only parts of files feature, as opposed to having to do it all in one run Bayonetta style.

Oh, and finally, any place where you found items remains marked, and you can see how many chests, loose items, and secret dig spots are left to find for the first time in each file in the menu.

link3710

kyleforrester87

Untitled

Akira hates it when I climb this ladder for some reason 😂

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic