Forums

Topic: Astral Chain

Posts 221 to 240 of 300

RR529

@NintendoByNature, I'm still not done with the DQXI demo (and haven't yet downloaded the new DXM demo), so the wait isn't a huge deal, it's just a bit disappointing since I figured it's what I'd be playing this weekend.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Grumblevolcano

Replayability works very well in this game. I tried it out with File 09 and you replay the file, previously completed cases have a tick next to them which allows you to figure out where in the file the cases you missed were and once you've finished the file you can just return back to the file you were on before replaying without losing any progress. Of course you can choose whatever you difficulty want with the replay, I still stuck with Casual but I'll move up to Pt Standard once I've found the cases I missed.

At this rate Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be released before I start Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Galenmereth

I wish the camera didn't so often get stuck behind tiny bits of scenery, or if you're pushed into a corner. It becomes completely useless at times, looking straight into the back of my character. It's been infuriating quite a few times. Other than that, it's been a good experience so far. Some of the later side-stories feel... childish in a bad way, compared to the main story, and put me completely out of the experience. Hoping it's not the norm going forwards.

Galenmereth

NintendoByNature

@Galenmereth I've noticed that too in the corners. It can get tough getting back out when you're getting pummeled by enemies

NintendoByNature

scubydo

ooo the Beast legion is great!!

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

RR529

Contacted Walmart's support team and they said they'd send a replacement copy since FedEx, apparently, either lost my copy or sent it to the wrong place.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

xPH03N1Xx86

Beat it today, the ending is incredible! Had alot of fun, and I love the music in this game.

Edited on by xPH03N1Xx86

Meow. :3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Casco

Bought it since launch. Played like 30 min but decided I would save it for a 15 hour plane trip on Friday, ready with an Anker battery as well. Looking forward to it.

Edited on by Casco

Casco

Galenmereth

@NintendoByNature Yep, that’s precisely my issue as well. I’ve been playing on Standard PT, and so far (chapter 5) the camera has been the biggest challenge. Whenever I can actually see the action, I feel like the dodge timings are generally fair and combat flows pretty well. But since the camera has trouble keeping up with locked targets a lot of the time and even gets stuck as mentioned before, the combat grates.

It’s a shame they went for the very strong “auto lock-on” combat system which the camera doesn’t seem to be able to keep up with. I never had this problem in NieR: Automata, but that game also doesn’t auto lock-on like this.

Edit: Also, why does my character turn to and attack an enemy that I haven't even focused on, standing right next to it? What's the point of the lock-on focus thing when all it does is confuse the camera..?

Edited on by Galenmereth

Galenmereth

NintendoByNature

@Galenmereth I hear you on that. I've also had issues where am trying to focus on someone right next to me but instead I'm looking at an enemy much further away.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Since you haven't gotten a full answer (and for anyone else who's curious), replaying files in this game works the same way as past missions in Bayonetta, with the added bonus of being able to start partway through. You can play through 3, then jump to 6, then back to the present, or even leave mid past file and start a different one instead, though you'll miss getting money for completing the chapter. If you skip part way into the file, you'll only get the percentage that you played as a multiplier on your money at the end. Also, beating levels on PT Standard unlocks PT Ultimate, not sure if there is another level above that yet (I'm guessing there is), as I want to finish the whole game on Standard before beginning Ultimate.

Also, I believe (though I'm not certain) your rank on each file is the combination of the highest scores you've gotten on each case, as part of the whole playing only parts of files feature, as opposed to having to do it all in one run Bayonetta style.

Oh, and finally, any place where you found items remains marked, and you can see how many chests, loose items, and secret dig spots are left to find for the first time in each file in the menu.

link3710

kyleforrester87

Untitled

Akira hates it when I climb this ladder for some reason 😂

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, Astral Chain has a more stable framerate in handheld mode than docked mode. I encountered major slowdown in File 08 on my first playthrough especially around the middle of the file where Akira goes through a gate and you're cleaning up the rooftop getting rid of other red matter and gates but playing now in handheld mode it's really stable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DenDen

Now busy with my second playthrough on hardest difficulty for me this is the setting the game should be played on

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

link3710

@DenDen I'm looking forwards to that. As someone who has almost all S+ on PT Standard first try, think it'll actually give me a challenge?

link3710

Galenmereth

@Grumblevolcano Likely because it turns off all post-process anti-aliasing in handheld and drops the resolution to 720p

@DenDen Does the camera improve on hardest? Because that's what kills me on the PT Standard difficulty 9 times out of 10

Galenmereth

link3710

I feel like I'm the only person who's never once had trouble with the camera in this game? I don't know what you all are doing, but I never lose sight of what's going on.

link3710

Galenmereth

Man this game is a rollercoaster of emotions for all the wrong reasons. Every time I start to get into it and enjoy it, it throws something annoying at me, like the horrible platforming segments with sliding blocks and random disappearing blocks. Or the stealth sections...

Galenmereth

scubydo

Chasing the GIANT Humuclous (spelling) through the city was intense and then fighting that thing on top of the building...

Edited on by scubydo

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

I’ve not had issues with the camera either. You can change the settings to your liking. Such as a fixed camera during combat, following the target under attack, etc. I never have the camera follow the target. Screw that. I want to complete control of my camera, and I don’t want it juttering all over the place as a target hops all over kingdom come. Get the settings right and everything is fine. Get them wrong, and well... I could totally see how some could have issues.

I’m also really good at the platforming. I see a lot of people struggle with that but I’m all aces with the platforming segments. Just takes some practice. Notice the difference of tapping ZR while holding ZL, and holding ZR while holding ZL.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic