Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 3,493

Moroboshi876

@Agent721 Just added you on the friends list, by the way. On Xbox too.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

bushidosnail

Hey, is there an easy way of taking screenshots on Outrun for Switch? By the time I pull out my phone and switch to camera its already transitioned to the route/high score list screens.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@bushidosnail Just take a screenshot and then take a picture of it in the Switch gallery after you finish playing.

Lroy

Moroboshi876 wrote:

@bushidosnail Just take a screenshot and then take a picture of it in the Switch gallery after you finish playing.

Yeah. That’s what I do. Should be the little capture/camera button. Think it’s on the left side of the Pro Controller or left Joy-con. Do it by learnt habit so vague on its exact location, lol!

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

bushidosnail

Gah, I knew there had to be an easier way. Thanks guys!

CW13

@Corneel I'll definitely try to get in for these challenges! Haven't been on in a while. Just happened to sign in this morning. Glad to see this back!! Sad I missed Pac Man.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

Corneel

Untitled

We are now halfway through the current challenges and it's time for a quick update on how things are going.

First of all, welcome to the new (old) joiners! @CW13 @bushidosnail and our one and only founding father @Oorwullie Great to have you guys on board again!

Highscore challenge 3 | Out Run (Switch, 3DS)
Rules: Default (New mode | 3 difficulty | 3 time limit | no tune-ups)
@Agent721 is currently on pole position with 21,554,000 points achieved on the 3DS. @Tatanak is close with 15,973,370. Most people seem to find route E the easiest. Tip: when you complete a course, the remaining seconds you have are each worth one million points.

Highscore challenge 4 | Aqua Kitty UDX (Switch, PS4, PSVita, XBone, PC)
Rules: Arcade mode, normal difficulty
@RetroGamerAndrew went all-out with this one (141,351) and straight onto the number 8 spot of the in-game leaderboard! @Tatanak is close on his tail (112,706). @OorWullie is currently in 3rd, but I suspect people are aiming for that spot.

Survival challenge 3 | Thunder Force IV (Switch, Mega Drive, Saturn)
Rules: Japanese version | Normal mode | you can use all 6 continues the game provides you with
Thunder Force IV has a high learning curve that could make a look like a daunting task at first to even complete a level. But as long as you have the right power-ups, learn the levels and try to stay a bit in the middle of the screen to avoid some cheap deaths it is actually very doable to get at least halfway through the game. I got to stage 8 without too much effort and I know @GFoyle is practicing for his run and got to stage 6 with 1 credit. @Zkibu also got to stage 6 boss and is slowly warming up for a better run also.

Survival challenge 4 | Wild Guns Reloaded (Switch, PS4, PC)
Rules: Normal difficulty | any character | you cannot use any continues
Route: Carson city > Ammunition depot > Gold mine > Armored train > Underground > Final fight
Not a lot of gunslingers at the moment... Only a couple of entries and although the game only has 6 levels to beat, it gives you a good challenge. Be sure to give Wild Guns a try, because it's a gem.

Arcade Challenge Season 1, 2nd Month Leaderboard
Check everybody's progress during this challenge. Every time someone posts their progress, it will be updated in this leaderboard. You can see how well you are doing compared to others and in what game you can score some extra points. Points can also drop if someone beats your score in one of the highscore challenges.

Arcade Challenge Highscore Leaderboards
Check the current highscores of Out Run and Aqua Kitty UDX. See how you are doing and who you need to beat next.

Voting for the next month challenges
Voting is up for the games for next month. Pick the games you would like to play next month. Voting closes in a week.

You can also have a look at the Adult Switch Gamers Discord where we have our own little corner where we also discuss these challenges.

Have fun!

Edited on by Corneel

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Moroboshi876

I'm having a hard time getting to a goal in Out Run, despite I had managed it on 3DS. I've been playing Switch version for more than 5 hours now, I think, but couldn't do it. I'll try harder though.

I have yet to play Aqua Kitty's arcade mode, but what worries me the most is that Thunder Force IV feels harder to me the more I play it. Nuts. I was able to beat a couple stages the first days, but now I keep dying when I encounter the first level bosses, and keep dying stupidly, thus losing the blade, the most powerful weapon...

I'm a little disheartened and some days I just don't play because I don't want to hate it.

AgentLA

@Moroboshi876

I feel the same way about TFIV. It seemed easier the first time and now Im dying constantly. I haven’t done that well on either that one Or Aqua Kitty DX. I plan on trying again but yeah...very tough going on TFIV.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

GFoyle

I'm at stage 7 now in TFIV (1 credit only, I don't feel like using those extra credits in this game, at least not yet). I had a almost perfect run until that, at least 7+ lives, all the power ups and then the freaking game started really hunting me. I killed the stage 6 boss with my last life, no power ups at all. When I have done practicing separately, I never have had such problems with that stage.

btw. I definitely got confirmation that this game has bugs... I my first run I got into situation where the backgrounds just scrolled, music played but nothing happened (after killing the mid boss in the Strite stage) and after few minutes wondering wtf I ended my game. Few times that boss just haven't died no matter what I do or it takes minutes to kill it (sometimes also the main boss of the stage seem to take forever to kill even when I'm shooting it right at the orb all the time like you should).

Not going anywhere in other games yet. I need to get into Wild Guns more definitely, just need to figure out how to kill the boss on the rooftop safely. Any tips for that, not involving lasso which I suck at using?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Moroboshi876

Agent721 wrote:

@Moroboshi876

I feel the same way about TFIV. It seemed easier the first time and now Im dying constantly. I haven’t done that well on either that one Or Aqua Kitty DX. I plan on trying again but yeah...very tough going on TFIV.

Thanks, bro. I don't feel alone anymore.

@Gfoyle I'm definitely bad at this game and can only admire the fact that you get so far with 1 credit. Wow. But now that you mention bugs, I don't know if this is one, but I was fighting the mid-stage boss on Stage 1, sadly without power-ups, and after a lot of time hitting it on the right spot with the rear shot, I ended up getting tired and he destroyed me. In another run, with the enhanced rear shot, I killed it in a few seconds. I understand without power-ups it has to be harder, but minutes and minutes of shooting without any results... could it be a bug?

GFoyle

Moroboshi876 wrote:

@Gfoyle I'm definitely bad at this game and can only admire the fact that you get so far with 1 credit. Wow. But now that you mention bugs, I don't know if this is one, but I was fighting the mid-stage boss on Stage 1, sadly without power-ups, and after a lot of time hitting it on the right spot with the rear shot, I ended up getting tired and he destroyed me. In another run, with the enhanced rear shot, I killed it in a few seconds. I understand without power-ups it has to be harder, but minutes and minutes of shooting without any results... could it be a bug?

That's the same place I was talking about, sometimes it takes forever to kill it if you don't have railgun and probably has to be some sort of bug, because the difference is many minutes.

The bug what happened to me was when I killed that mid boss super quick, suddenly the phase change didn't happen when the background slows down and you you go under water (btw. there is three-way power up there then when it go under water, just go to the bottom and the right corner, when you get it, go to middle immediately and you get 1-up too.. be careful and move back after that or you can get killed)

That mid-boss dies very quickly if you have rail gun + claw and you shoot it right at front of it. Not sure, it might require that it has shot those lasers at least once before you can kill it. That proximity definitely makes a huge difference in killing time and maybe it helps to kill it at least a bit faster without railgun, haven't tried)

btw. that is I think stage 4 actually, initial stages are officially numbered clockwise starting from the desert one.

Oh, I also tried the stage 6 a bit more and staying closer to the bottom as much as possible is definitely a bit easier than staying on top, more space to dodge stuff. There is shield and 1-up on the top, which you will miss... for me now it's definitely still better to be at the bottom.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Moroboshi876

Corneel wrote:

Last day to get your votes in for next round!
Voting for the next month challenges

What? I didn't see the first warning! Well, it will be a surprise then LOL

I haven't had the time to keep playing current games, but I hope I'll be able to try again tomorrow. I'm not confident I'm getting better on time, but I'll try.

A little off-topic: I received the Flip Grip yesterday! It's great!

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 Nice! You finally have your Flip Grip! Too bad you missed the voting for next round. We have a great lineup nonetheless! You will be able to use the fancy flip grip for two challenges next week...no Donkey Kong sadly

There are still four days left for the current set of challenges.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

bushidosnail

@Moroboshi876 That's pretty cool! I didn't know about those, I just ordered one. How fast did they ship yours out?

Moroboshi876

@bushidosnail It was supposed to take 2 to 6 weeks and fortunately it took 2.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic