Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 3,493

OorWullie

@Lroy Cheers pal. I also recommend Aqua Kitty, great little game. I think even at full price, you'll get your money's worth out of it.

I just discovered the Dreadnought mode earlier I never knew about that. Was that added later in an update? I really like how you're ranked by your time rather than your score. It would good to have a little Dreadnought bonus challenge running alongside this one. Stage 3 would be a good one. It doesn't need to be for any points, just an extra challenge for fun.

My early Aqua Kitty high score

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Moroboshi876

@OorWullie So you have to play arcade mode until you lose your first life and then not continuing, right?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Moroboshi876 I don't think you have the option to continue in arcade mode. You just have your 5 hearts, once they're gone it puts you back to the 1st stage. Make sure the difficulty is set to Normal, I had a few goes last night and never noticed it was set to Easy.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Moroboshi876

@OorWullie I must be confused with the mode I usually play, which is the kind of story mode where you can save your progress. Thanks.

Lroy

@OorWullie Another recommendation for AQUA KITTY UDX, i’m going to end up caving and buying it soon ☺️

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 I had WILD GUNS RELOADED on my radar ever since it was announced and couldn’t hit buy fast enough as soon as it was put on sale. It is tons of fun albeit very hard. Got the original SNES one on my SNES Classic too.

However, I totally understand it is not an impulse purchase at full price.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 @oorwullie By the way fellas, remember we are doing weekly PINBALL FX3 tournaments as well. The current one only has two days left and is on the FISH TALES table.

Both the game and that table are completely free. So you may as well dive in. I think you need to have @corneel added (imagine you both already have) as he created the tournament.

@meppi is absolutely killing it - he wiped the floor with us in the first challenge and is doing so again in this one.

Moroboshi876

@Lroy I don't know how the tournaments work. So I can find them if the creator is one of my added friends?

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 Yes. In the main menu screen, click on the tournament tab (the menu is a bit cluttered with stuff I appreciate). Then one of the filter options should be Created By: you want to change this to friend and then hit apply. This will then bring up any tournaments created by someone on your friends list. You should then be able to click on that tournament and enter a password (optionally created by the tournament creator) - I think the password for this current FISH TALES tournament is pikmin - that correct @corneel ? Then it should be simply a case of playing the table and uploading your score.

It’s a lot easier than it sounds.

EDIT: made password case sensitive as advised by @corneel below

Edited on by Lroy

Corneel

@Lroy That is almost 100% correct. It is without the capital, so just pikmin. Don't really know if that makes a difference. @Moroboshi876 You are in my friends list, so you should be able to join. And you definitely should join our (hopefully) weekly Pinball sessions. It is tons of fun. And I'm not even in last place on this table, so I couldn't be happier at the moment. Only two more days on this tournament, so be quick!

@Oorwullie The Dreadnought mode is a nice addition to the game and I did finish a couple of those already. The later stages are increasing in difficulty fast. I'll try to do some runs for the third stage just for fun.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Corneel

There have been two small changes to the challenges.

First one is in Out Run. After you finish a complete route, apparently you get new parts for you car. This tune-up is not allowed during this challenge, just to not give anyone an advantage. Tune-ups can be switched of in the menu. It will also change the color of your car. So use the red Ferrari and you are fine.

Second is in Thunder Force IV. Two versions of the game exist and there are actually some small differences between both. So for this challenge we will use the Japanese version. This is slightly more difficult that the international version, but this is how it is originally intended to be.

First scores are already on the leaderboards of Out Run and Aqua Kitty!

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

By the way, I'm trying Out Run on Switch for the first time and in top of noticing I'm rusty (I had managed to beat Course A on 3DS and all 5 on Mega Drive) I can't see my score in the rankings. It just says No Data.

Anyway it's separated in courses. Do we just take a screenshot when the in-game ranking appears?

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 Preferably the moment that shows your parked red Ferrari and the crowd. This should also show the highscore. But for now this is fine, I have added it to the leaderboard.

Edit: Or the moment 'game over' appears on screen

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

@Corneel So you have to finish the course... I didn't recall seeing it in the requirements, but if it's one, then take me down and I'll post when (if) I achieve it.

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 Again apologies for creating confusion. Finishing the route is absolutely not a requirement for this challenge. The moment 'game over' appears on screen is also perfect. That's probably how it will be for me anyway since I have yet to pass the second stage.

Kyloctopus

It's been a while since I've been on this thread. Recently I got 4th in All Time on Moon Patrol's Caravan Mode. I think I can also pull something out of me for Danmaku Unlimited's Open High Score.

As for future challenges, may I recommend Astebreed?

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Corneel No need to apologize! So the screen I posted is OK? Or would it be better to take the screenshot the moment the timer reaches zero?

Moroboshi876

Well, today I almost finished course A. It's something I'm going to pull off at some point, because I could on 3DS. The courses B to E are my personal challenge, but A should be feasible.

Anyway, I embed here the screenshots, one of the Game Over screen and one where people can see my initials with the score.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic