Forums

Topic: Anyone else worried that 2023 will be a dry year for the Switch?

Posts 21 to 40 of 48

Zilock

@kkslider5552000 My point being that Nintendo will hold back on announcements/releasing games further into 2023 when they normally wouldn't to save them for Switch 2. That's why I'm worried about first party output.

Edited on by Zilock

Zilock

sethharris1191

Will it be dry? Yes.
Am I worried about it? No. I don't particularly care.

sethharris1191

iLikeUrAttitude

@GrailUK Me personally no - I've had these switch pro or switch successor rumours and speculation from people shoved down my throat for years and at this point I don't think either is happening anytime soon.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

VoidofLight

I knew this would evolve into "SWITCH PRO IS TOTALLY REAL GUYS, AND IT'S LAUNCHING NEXT YEAR"... as everything Nintendo related inevitably becomes.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Truegamer79

Even if next year will be dry for switch so what? The successor is no doubt right around the corner at this point. I Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they announced it within the next 6 months. Then everyone can shut up about the imaginary switch pro. It's too late in the game anyway. The switch is nearly at the end of it's rope. You better start making topics about a dry switch 2 launch instead of holding out for a switch pro. That ain't happening people. Nintendo doesn't need to make a pro system just because Sony did.

Truegamer79

VoidofLight

@Truegamer79 I don't even think a Switch Successor is coming this year, and I'm tired of people claiming it is, or saying it'll happen this year. I just wish people could talk about things like Tears of the Kingdom without 50 people saying why it'll launch on the next big console.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure Splatoon 3 being supported through 2022 and 2023 means that we're probably not going to get a new next gen system in 2023.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Truegamer79

@VoidofLight
Yeah probably not this year or they'd have announced it by now. At the earliest I'd say they could announce it late next year. People need to just chill. We'll get the next system when it's ready. The silly notion of a switch pro coming this late in the switch lifespan is just ridiculous. I'm surprised people aren't already asking for PS6. Gamers are never satisfied. They want to be constantly on the bleeding edge of technology and have the most bad ass Ultra high tech gizmo like they are comparing d*** sizes. It's nauseating.

I've been around since videogames were just white squares on a black screen. Be happy with what you got i say. You'll get the next big thing when it's time.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

Truegamer79

gcunit

(Pausing, waiting for the room to fall quiet...)

People, I ask you two simple questions:

(i) When is the Super Mario Movie dropping? April 2023.

(ii) When is The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom dropping? May 2023.

Look at these dates, people.

Now, tell me... tell me there is no new hardware launching in the Spring of 2023.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioBrickLayer

I'm not too worried, if you look at the top 10 games on the switch on Metacritic, 5 were announced and released this year and another was announced in November and released in April, so there is still so much we don't know about next year...

1. Portal Companion Collection - Announced Feb 22 - released June 22
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Announced Feb 22 - Released July 22
3. Neon White - Announced Feb 2021
4. 13 Sentinels - Announced November 2021 - Released April 22
5. Nier: Automata - Announced June 22 - Released October 22
6. The Stanley Parable - Announced March 22 - Released April 22
7. Tinykin - Announced March 22 - Released September 22
8. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - Announced April 2021
9. Two Point Campus - Announced June 2021
10. Cuphead Delicious Last Course - Announced 2018

MarioBrickLayer

CJD87

@gcunit 100% on this, probably a "Super Nintendo Switch" - not too far technologically above existing model/s, but enough to push into 4K perhaps? New Zelda will be cross-compatible (as BOTW was).

Unsure if they'll implement full BC, you never know!

CJD87

MarioBrickLayer

@gcunit @CJD87 I think it's easy to make a case for Nintendo not releasing new hardware next year...
1. There is a global cost of living crisis with inflation rising, meaning less disposable income
2. There is ongoing concern about China invading Taiwan, the supply of key components is going to dry up
3. If hardware was launching in Spring, it would be in production now to make sure there are enough units for launch - this always leaks, and there hasn't been any leaks.

MarioBrickLayer

gcunit

@MarioBrickLayer Anyone can make a case, but I notice that you're not telling me there'll be no new hardware in Spring 2023.

Sony and Microsoft didn't launch their new hardware in ideal conditions, but they launched them anyway, because they didn't have much other option. You can't just delay a year because global economics don't suit, you're not going to revise the specification during that dead time, the specification was already determined well in advance, so what are you going to do? Release hardware that is a year older and thus a year further behind the development curve?

When did the OLED model leak?

Ongoing concern about China invading Taiwan? Now admittedly, I don't follow international relations in any party of the world very closely, let alone in Asia, but this is the first time I've heard anyone cite China/Taiwan relations as a cause of such significant disruption. So is the global supply of all tech products from China & Taiwan about to dry up then? Tell me more.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

gcunit wrote:

When did the OLED model leak?

@gcunit

It depends on which component of the OLED we're talking about. The 'Mariko' Switch chip was leaked in 2018 and released in 2019 with the Switch V2 and the Lite, and then again with the OLED. And then in March 2021 we have the leak of Nintendo bulk-purchasing OLED screens before the console launched later that September.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-04/nintendo-p...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TommyTendo

We don't really know much yet, so I think it's a bit early to be worried.
They usually have a january or february direct

MarioBrickLayer

@gcunit I'm saying if China invaded the implications would be disastrous for global trade. Here is a 4 minute clip (taken from a longer interview) with a well known geopolitical commentator. It's well worth a watch.

We saw leaked images with previous models when they were in production
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/the_early_switch_li...

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

WaffleBoat

If there’s advance wars then I will be happy.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

SwitchForce

I think is a NintenDoomed clickbait thread. Why does people keep putting down the Switch. Are they so afraid of it that they do what they can to minimize the impact Switch has had on the gaming console rebounding. Next year if this is anything there will be a Switch 2.0/Pro/HD/Super coming out and that will change all gameplay now gamers will have a choice the standard OLED replacing v2 or getting a preminum OLED 4K DLSS unit.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

chipia

gcunit wrote:

(Pausing, waiting for the room to fall quiet...)
People, I ask you two simple questions:

Now, tell me... tell me there is no new hardware launching in the Spring of 2023.

How do these two facts fit together? I don't see what a Mario movie has to do with a Zelda game. If Nintendo wanted to use the Mario movie to promote a new Nintendo console, they would release a new Mario game along with it, and not an unrelated game like Zelda.

chipia

kkslider5552000

gcunit wrote:

Well this will be fun to go back to in a few months.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rockodoodle

GrailUK wrote:

Do we think there will be a Deluxe Switch model next year?

This… I wonder if they are holding off on some big stuff for an updated model… this is why they are releasing so much Kirby filler content…as much as I dig Kirby, we have had enough for the next five years at least.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic