Forums

Topic: Anyone else not feel excited for the Switch?

Posts 101 to 120 of 177

WiiWareWave

@Utena-mobile For me it's WAY better than the Wii U, but the PS2 is still my all-time favorite console because I'm a HUGE JRPG fanatic! xD

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

DefHalan

@skywake It may be safe to assume, but I also thought it would be safe to assume the Mass Effect Trilogy was going to come to Wii U, or the Arkham Origins DLC would come to Wii U, or Alien Colonial Marines...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
Well sure, but aside from Alien Colonial Marines all these games came to the Wii U

All things being equal it's unlikely the Switch will lose as much support as the Wii U did. Because the Wii U was a textbook example of a console doing poorly in sales and having developers jump ship. There would be games well into development at this stage. They'd have footage. Those games could end up not coming to the Switch but it's unlikely.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

DefHalan

@skywake I don't really see how Nintendo having a trailer of announced games for the Wii U, games with Titles and gameplay, are similar to Nintendo showing glimpses of possible tech demos without confirming any of them as real games, except Zelda which was confirmed before this.

skywake

@DefHalan
Because we were as close to the Wii U launch then as we are to the Switch launch now. You're right to say that none of this is confirmed 100% but seriously. What else are they going to put in that trailer? They're that close to launch, they'll have content to show.

And quite frankly....
Zelda: BotW - Confirmed to be a thing
Mario Kart - Ports of some kind were inevitable and that wasn't Mario Kart 8 as it is on Wii U
Splatoon - Same as with Mario Kart
NBA2K2017 - This is a series that was on the Wii U and has ports on Android/iOS
Mario - We already knew a 3D Mario was in development
Skyrim - There is a remaster out and Bethesda are confirmed partners on the Switch

Are they confirmed? Well no. But at the same time of course these games are coming.

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Andrzej777

@KidRad
I wouldnt call it blind fanboyism. People still do critisize nintendo for making bad decisions or bringing out bad games. I used to play on xbox and playstation in the past. I bought myself a wii u about two years ago, I cant really tell why, maybe I felt like trying something else. When I played NSMB and MK8 I realized that I hadnt had so much gaming fun in years. There is a positive vibe to nintendos games that you wont find on other consoles. Thats it for me. I rather play MK8 than spend countless hours racing forza or gran turismo.
So naturally I will buy the next console sooner or later because I know there will be games I will definitely like to play.

Andrzej777

DefHalan

@skywake you can dive in if you want. I really don't see how my non-excitement is bothering you so much. Nintendo didn't release the info I wanted, and so I am not excited. I have been against this idea since the leak and said multiple times that of that leak was true (which it seems like it was) Nintendo would have to sell me on the software, which all we have confirmed for the Switch is Zelda. Sure those other games are more than likely coming to the system, but since Bethesda won't confirm Skyrim and Nintendo hasn't offically announce Mario Kart, Splatoon, or this 3D Mario I am waiting for confirmation. Not everyone has to take my approach but I felt it was important to express my opinion, and it turns out I am not alone. NintendoLife published an article about the same thing. I am not trying to win you over to my side, why are you trying to win me over to your side?

Edited on by DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
See the thing is I could understand you being disappointed if it was about the hardware. I wouldn't agree but I could understand. And I could understand if you wanted to see a game that wasn't shown at all. For example if all you wanted was a new 3D Metroid and they didn't even hint at it. Again I wouldn't agree because I'm more of a Mario Kart, Splatoon and Zelda sort of guy but I could understand.

But when your main complaint about it is that the games they showed aren't 100% confirmed? The fact that you're not hyped isn't the point. I couldn't care less. What gets me is that what you're saying doesn't make much sense. One and a half years after the Switch was first talked about publicly. About the same length of time since the Wii U was getting a somewhat decent flow of software. After all that time they come up with a trailer with two ports, one clearly new game, one game that shifted development, an annualised sports game and a third party remaster. And your reaction is "well these games aren't confirmed releases".

I don't get it.

Edited on by skywake

TuVictus

That third party list sure is extensive. But lol at myself if I'm just going to blindly believe that list again just because it looks like a lot. We'll see just how supportive those companies are.

TuVictus

FragRed

@Operative I expect a lot of support for the Switch during year one, but if by the end of 2017 holiday season the system has lived up to expectations then I wouldn't be surprised if the support drops like flies.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DefHalan

@skywake so you don't get that there has been no confirmation of what was show was anything more than tech demos and so I am hesitant and not excited? When/if Nintendo and Bethesda start confirming these games are coming to the switch, then I will start to be more excited. I will still need more but it will be a start.

TuVictus

I''ll get optimistic when the third party games they announce aren't old ports with no DLC support.

TuVictus

rallydefault

@DefHalan
Dude, those games are coming to Switch.

There. I just confirmed it for you. Are you excited now?

Seriously, you're acting a little weird. Every game you saw in that trailer has a developer that is on Nintendo's confirmed developer list. None of the developers are going to announce anything official until Nintendo gives them the green light. That's the only reason why Bethesda, for instance, is being all coy right now. They're not going to go against Nintendo and jump the gun to announce their game.

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault why isn't Nintendo letting them confirm support? I am not stopping anyone from believing those games are coming to the Switch. I am personally holding off until I hear more information. There were games that "were obviously coming to the Wii U" that never made it. So I am just waiting until I hear actual confirmation. Not sure why so many people are upset I am not excited, I am not trying to get in the way of other people's excitement. It isn't even like Skyrim (a game originally released on PS3/360 is that impressive. If the remastered version comes to the Switch then maybe I will get the excitement but currently we don't have anything confirmed)

rallydefault

@DefHalan
Well, I think Nintendo wants the developers to hold their tongues until the new year, which is when they seem set to release their next wave of information. It seems like they really want to trickle information out this time around, which I kind of like. I don't want to know everything right now: I want to have stuff to look forward to learning over the next half-year. If I knew every blessed feature and game at this point, well... the next 5+ months would be pretty long. Nothing to really look forward to learning. I felt the same way about the PS4/Xbox One. Everything was out there WAY in advance, and by the time they finally launched, I was kinda "meh" on the whole thing.

Personally, I'm "upset" that you aren't excited because you seem to be acting illogical about the whole thing. The system turned out to be something you didn't want, and now you're being completely contradictory to a ton of people's opinions around here just, it seems, to throw a bit of a tantrum. Basically: you're not listening to reason. Just my opinion, of course.

rallydefault

WillThisWork

This pretty much sums up how Nintendo is treating the Wii U.

Untitled

WillThisWork

DefHalan

@rallydefault I don't see how waiting for software confirmations is illogical. To me it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to release the trailer they did, then go quiet for 2 months without telling us if what we saw was a tech demo or actual products. I never expected Nintendo to lay it all on the table from day one but more communication would be nice. We have all been wanting more communication from Nintendo, and all we got was a 3 minute trailer. Nothing specs or software related for another 2 months at least... not great communication Nintendo.

TuVictus

@WillThisWork Haha, I love it. Should have had another panel with the switch rummaging around the Wii U's innards and pulling out its greatest games.

TuVictus

shaneoh

DefHalan wrote:

There were games that "were obviously coming to the Wii U" that never made it. So I am just waiting until I hear actual confirmation.

I do see where you're coming from, it's sort of like the Zelda tech demo for the Wii U:
Untitled

Fairly certain people were expecting a Zelda game from the footage they saw. Closest we got to it was TPHD. Still, even if they do release those games, there's no reason to suggest that it won't be a similar situation to the Wii U launch where it got Mass Effect 3 while everything else got the trilogy. So I can definitely see your apprehension.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

skywake

@shaneoh
Yes there is one similarity to the Wii U reveal trailer. When they did the Wii U reveal they didn't confirm any of them as games. Kinda like the Switch reveal trailer. But that's about where the similarities end.

For a start the Wii U trailer was an extra year before launch. So they wouldn't have had as anywhere near as many finished games to show. Which explains why the only obviously real things in the original Wii U trailer were Wii U Sports, Wii U Fit and New SMB. New SMB was the most real but even that wasn't quite New SMB U yet. Compare that to the Switch where this close to launch they should be well into development for some games coming out in the second year. And that brings me onto the next point.

The second difference is the fact that other than the Mario game all of these games are in a publicly playable form on some other platform. People may have expected that "Zelda HD" clip for the Wii U to be real but the closest it got to real was an non-playable tech demo on the showroom floor. The game people are doubting in this Switch trailer? It's Skyrim. A three year old third party game from a developer confirmed to be working on the Switch that's getting a remaster this week. It's not exactly the same thing.

And anyways, if Bethesda actually do come out with a game on the Switch? What else is it going to be? Lets run through the games they could publish based on what's either out soon or recently released. Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonoured 2, Elder Scrolls Legends, Prey and Quake Champions. Pretty much all of those are at least technically just as crazy as Skyrim. Imagine if the trailer had shown this....

Now that would've probably made a bigger impact than Skyrim. Ignore the fact that Skyrim was in that trailer for a second. The fact that Bethesda is confirmed to be involved with the Switch? I think it's hard not to be pretty hyped about that. Unless all they're working on is Elder Scrolls Legends whatever comes out of that partnership is going to be big.

Edited on by skywake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.