Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 8,961 to 8,980 of 10,553

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 @DarthNocturnal What I do to make perfect snowmen is to roll the first snowball to the top of my character's ear, then make the second one to the bottom of the ear. I have them both relatively close to each other. It's been working for me every time. Foxy told me about a YouTube video by Mayor Mori that tells you how to make perfect snowmen, that's how I learned about it.

Best of luck!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 That's what I have been trying. It looked right to me and it's why I was getting really annoyed. But now that I know I can quit and try again, I am less annoyed. I generally don't do that in this game but it's sooooo picky.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Ah. I see. Yeah you can always try again if it's not perfect - you could wait for an auto-save to end before you put the snowboy together. You could also roll it back and forth and continually check and see if it's a good size. That's also what I do.

Who knows, I might screw up one day. Been reading this very page that making perfect snowboys are rather tough, after all.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Xyphon22

I think they key is making sure the head is actually a little smaller than you want, because it's going to get bigger when you roll it over onto the body. I've made them perfect every time so far except for the first day when he gives you a recipe anyways, and that was my problem with that one. I thought it was good, but when it went on it was too big. Just roll the body as big as possible, don't worry about getting it to the top of the ear or whatever.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MarioVillager92

Been looking for ornaments today. Haven't seen any, just a bunch of branches as I shook the trees. Perhaps they appear on later days?

My game takes a little longer to save when I save and quit too. I'm assuming it has to do with how much items I have on my island and home or something. I do have the game on system memory instead of my microSD card, if that means anything.

@Xyphon22 Good to know, thanks! I didn't get a perfect snowboy on my first try either, so that was just an experiment of mine, I guess. I'm also guessing that the body will just get as tall as the top of the ear.

Kimyonaakuma

@MarioLover92 Ornaments are tomorrow, on the 15th

My game sometimes takes a while to start up, but it seems to be related to my internet connection. If I'm offline it's normal, but if I'm having a bad internet day it's so slow.

I got a perfect snowman on the first day, but yesterday it wasn't (big head!). I thought I'd be getting a new recipe everyday...but no

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Did you shake normal pine trees ?
Find pine trees with Christmas tree looking and shake the trees until it dropped the ornaments. You can get more by keep shaking that Christmas Pine trees.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Kimyonaakuma Oh cool, thanks for telling me! (And others reading your post, lol)

Yeah, that happened to me a few times too. It does seem to be an internet thing. I remember when that happened to me when I tried to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate away from home - the game wouldn't go to the main menu, if I can remember correctly. I turned on airplane mode and it worked.

Ouch...too bad. Yeah it really depends on whether or not you get a perfect snowboy.

@Anti-Matter Yes I shook the normal pine trees. Just tree branches.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I am glad it's not yet more balloons, I just find it really picky. So far diving, though slow, has been my favorite way to get DIYs.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Xyphon22

Speaking of balloon recipes, exactly how many snowflake recipes are there? I have the official guide that I always follow and it shows 7, and I'm sure I heard 7 other places, too. Last night I already had 6, I got a 7th, and it was one that not only is not in the list but is nowhere to be found anywhere in the guide (it was the falling-snow wall or something like that). According to the list, I am still missing the snowflake wall. So are there 8? Even more? I'm just glad I got that one first so I didn't think I was done and would stop looking. I want to get them all by tonight so they don't get mixed up with the ornament recipes that I think start tomorrow.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

Kimyonaakuma

@MarioLover92 No worries, we still have a day before we need to shoot down a million balloons..
I managed a perfect snowman today and that's all I care about. Time to craft that frozen arch!

I think I had that issue with Smash as well...but I wasn't playing that everyday so it didn't bother me as much.

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@Xyphon22 I think there's 8, but one of them is the wreath which you get by default. Pretty sure you can get a duplicate of it though.

Seems like they have added one or two new recipes in the latest update so all the guides aren't up to date. They probably time travelled/lived in the Southern Hemisphere so they missed out

Kimyonaakuma

MarioVillager92

@Kimyonaakuma Ah yeah - I'm hoping that I can at least make a big tree. Been making a holiday-themed living room upstairs and it won't be the same without a tree! Yeah, I haven't been playing Smash that often. Love the game, no doubt, just been playing New Horizons way more and I'm not the greatest Smash player anyways, lol

k8sMum

@foxyflimflam
Do you still need the kid's pink tent? I have an extra.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

foxyflimflam

@k8sMum Omg yes!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Let me know if you would like me to send you something in return!!!!

Edited on by foxyflimflam

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

Xyphon22

@Kimyonaakuma OK, thanks. Yeah I tried to look it up and most places only mention the 7, but I think it's because the falling-snow wall was only added in the same update that added Turkey Day and Toy Day, so it literally was not in the game until a couple of weeks ago. I just hope there aren't others that I'm missing since even most websites that can update with such things (unlike the guide book) still don't mention it. And I never got a recipe from Isabelle, but that is probably because I think the wreath was the first one I shot down so I must have gotten it before Isabelle had a chance to give it to me, so she just didn't bother.

Xyphon22

foxyflimflam

@Xyphon22 I have 10 frozen diy so far (yes I time traveled so I could try to get them all before the annoying balloon farming happens for the festive diy) and I still don't have the falling snow wallpaper! I had no idea either that there were so many of the frozen set!!!

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

Xyphon22

@foxyflimflam Does that include the ones from the Snowboy or not? Because 10 (at least 11 I guess if you don't have the falling snow yet) would be a lot more than I have seen anywhere online.

Xyphon22

k8sMum

@foxyflimflam
It's on its way. I don't have a doll house...

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic