Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 8,941 to 8,960 of 10,553

MarioVillager92

@Cosmofantasmo All right, so here's what happened. I was pretty much doing my own thing in the game, the in-game music stopped playing, and it gave me that "software closed because an error occurred" message. I played it again afterward, then it turned out everything was fine from what I played. I didn't play for long though. I quit, decided to check for corrupt data, and it said there was indeed corrupt data. So that crash might have caused the data to be corrupt.

I had the game redownload itself. (FYI, my save data was kept intact.) I did turn off my Switch though, just so my backed up save data will be as safe as possible. The redownload process was mostly done though. I'm really hoping the corrupt data is part of the game itself, not my save data.

Thank you for your support. I definitely needed it. If redownloading games worked for you, there's still some hope for me. I'm praying that everything will work out in the end.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

YES!!!!!!!! I redownloaded the game, checked for corrupted data again, and it said no corrupted data was found! I started playing for a little bit and looks like both my save data and island are a-okay!

It was probably a microSD card issue, so I might have to move the game to my Switch's internal storage to be on the safe side. I do NOT want that happening to me again, especially while it auto-saves. Either way, I'm happy I fixed it!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Kimyonaakuma

It's like an early Christmas miracle!

...or Toy Day miracle? Good news either way

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Yo, so your save data is safe ? 😀
I will send you familiar statue and warrior statue.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BrittGOAL14

All I’ve got today is a red round space heater — anyone want that?

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Not sure what's up with these snowballs. I walked around my island like 5 times today looking for them while doing other things, then finally when I was done with everything else and decided I would look one last time before turning it off and trying again later, there they were right out in the open somewhere I had been many times already. Not sure why they weren't there before and suddenly chose to appear then, but at least I got them.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Anti-Matter

@Xyphon22
Snowballs will appear on random place everyday as long there are some enough space to roll the snowballs on snowy surfaces.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Kimyonaakuma @BrittGOAL14 @Anti-Matter @FattyWhale_42 Thanks, guys! I'm really relieved it all worked out. I decided to move my game from the microSD card to the system memory, played it for a good bit, and saved and quit. I checked for corrupted data one more time and it still says no corrupted data was found. I also noticed that it starts up a bit quicker on the system memory.

Oh and BrittGOAL14, I think I'll have the red round space heater too. Thanks Oh and thanks for the statues Anti!

Edited on by MarioVillager92

BrittGOAL14

@MarioLover92 I’ll send it later with a spare DIY.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Cool, thanks! Let me know if you want anything in return.

foxyflimflam

@MarioLover92 I am so glad to hear all is well on your island!!!!!
@FattyWhale_42 @Grett888 thank you for the toy day items! (:
Just need the pink kid tent and I will be fully content since that is the only item I care about getting all the variations of! 🤞
Any of you ( as well as @Cosmofantasmo @jamesnl @BrittGOAL14 ) need an iceberg wall diy? I have an extra!

Edited on by foxyflimflam

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

MarioVillager92

@foxyflimflam Me too! I'm super relieved that my island turned out okay. I'd like an iceberg wall DIY since I didn't learn it yet.

foxyflimflam

@MarioLover92 I will send it to ya later when I get back on after work this evening (:

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Got it, thanks!

@foxyflimflam Okay cool! Thank you! Stay healthy while you work.

Heavyarms55

Why?! Why are the snowmen so hard to make right?! This is stupid! Why only one try per day?! This is stupid! They are snowmen this should be something that needs to be pixel perfect! I have looked at like 5 guides. I still can't get it right. Why?! It looks exactly the same as the picture!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I have same experience for making Perfect snowman.
Sometime the head was too big, Sometimes the head was too small.
I think you should make the body as big as possible while keep your eyes for making snowball for the head.
Make sure the head is not bigger than body.
But since i did TT, when i failed making Perfect snowman, i just skipped to next day or previous day to start making snowman again.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal @Anti-Matter so I accidentally cheated. I got so mad I closed the game out... and when I hopped back on it gave me another chance and I got it right.

I can live with this. My sin is mine to... probably repeat. XD

But gosh darn it these things shouldn't be pixel perfect!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic