Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 10,501 to 10,520 of 10,553

octokid

it’s been a while since i last talked around here, but damn. four years already. happy (day late) birthday, ACNH!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

MarioVillager92

@octokid Yeah I can't believe it's been four years! I haven't been playing ACNH as much but I still play every now and then. Played it a ton when it first came out and when the 2021 update released. I should still play more of Happy Home Paradise sometime.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

FishyS

It's still my most played Switch game... by several hundred hours. I basically haven't played since 2021 though. I was tempted to buy Happy Home Paradise but never did. It was a great game, but at this point I'd rather wait for a new Animal Crossing.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Croctopus

I've fallen off the ACNH wagon yet again, though I MIGHT be interested in revisiting Happy Home Paradise. It's a great extra. I absolutely want them to make running facilities a major part of the next game.

Official-Grizzco Octoling Soldier

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@FishyS It's my most played Switch game as well... I put over 700 hours into it. I'm all ready for a new Animal Crossing game too! Though I'd imagine it'd be for the next Nintendo console, or the Switch itself if we're lucky. The Switch already got two Splatoon games after all.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@Croctopus
You can start to make haunted house for the villagers at Happy Home Paradise, trolling them at the best and they will not complain for getting weird house and weird outfits. 🤣
And you still get the money from making vacation house regardless of the design.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

OMG...!!!
I forgot to post this picture.
Untitled

Happy 4th Anniversary ACNH !

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

I just hope the next game in the series will be more balanced in the life-sim aspect. All my other switch games are eclipsing the few hours I've spent with New Horizons.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

I enjoy ACNH way more than older Animal Crossing.
Even I haven't played the GameCube, NDS and Wii version but I don't want to feel losing my villagers by themselves when I don't play the game for certain days.
I don't like that antics that still considered as a charm by some Nintendo gamers here.
I just don't like at all to be forced losing my belongings by playing the game everyday.
I have a control here, I'm the Boss here, I decide what I want.
I really hope the next Animal Crossing still bring the ACNH feature, the villagers that WILL NEVER MOVING OUT by themselves.
We don't need the antics from older games.
Be like The Sims games, more customization and going to Full 3D.

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

Google Photos gave me a collage of photos from March 20th 2020. I remember getting some Animal Crossing amiibo for dirt cheap (RIP amiibo festival), so I went to pick them up on the other side of town. But this collage is just Animal Crossing mixed with empty streets and cancelled events posters. Really takes me back.

It's not my favourite Animal Crossing game, haven't played it in years. But I remember enjoying it when the real world was quite strange. Good thing it came out when it did

Kimyonaakuma

MarioVillager92

@CJD87 Thanks for sharing that article with us. Yeah, this game helped me and so many others emotionally... the game's release was great timing when the pandemic first started. Met a lot of great folks in this thread like @BrittGOAL14, @Gret8888, @foxyflimflam and @FattyWhale_42 (I changed my Nintendo Life username, I'm still the same MarioLover92/D-Pad/D that you've known!), and our islands and homes were a great way to express ourselves and our creativity. It helps that ACNH has a cute and cozy vibe to it, too... I love the cute art style that the Animal Crossing games have, and this game makes that look even better. Honestly, this might just be one of my favorite games of all time... and it made me even more of an Animal Crossing fan. All because of the experiences that I've explained in this post.

@Kimyonaakuma I still have a picture of my villager self when I first played... and it was right on launch day! I'll go ahead and share it with everyone...
Untitled

BrittGOAL14

@MarioVillager92 Dude, I so hope they’re working on a new game. So we can all have many more visits and trade stuff again.

Edited on by BrittGOAL14

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 I hope so too! Maybe they're brainstorming ideas for the next game as we chat. If I recall correctly, the Animal Crossing devs also work on the Splatoon series, so I think that Splatoon 3 is their main focus right now. Nevertheless, I'd love to play the next Animal Crossing game whenever that comes out!

GalaxicGlobe

@BrittGOAL14 Same! I started playing in 2023 after all the hype lol so I want to get the next game when it comes out!

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
Surprisingly, Amiibo Festival Wii U is quite addictive for me, even better than older Animal Crossing games on GameCube, NDS and Wii.

Anti-Matter

BrittGOAL14

@MarioVillager92 Yeah, I heard that too. I hope the next one is a town again like New Leaf but I’m sure I’ll be happy no matter what. 😂

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter I'm glad somebody enjoyed it! Didn't mind Happy Home Designer as a spin off, but amiibo festival was a disappointment for me.

...that was a weird time for the series. That's what happens when a mainline game doesn't happen on Wii U

Kimyonaakuma

VoidofLight

I don't really find myself excited for the next game in the series. New Horizons kinda killed any and all hope I have for the series to ever reach the heights of New Leaf. It feels like in pursuit of new ideas, the devs really forgot what made animal crossing special in the first place. While people enjoyed the game in 2020, it basically became an object or reminder of how eventually, everything you like will move on and become something that isn't for you anymore. That nothing you hold close to your heart will remain as good as it used to be. Guess that's what I've been feeling for most of the Switch generation.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic