Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,648

AgentLA

@Lroy @OorWullie

I have SF preordered. I’m down to get my ass kicked! I’m ok at it...don’t play it enough to be great.

Edited on by AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

@Lroy @OorWullie

I have SF preordered. I’m down to get my ass kicked! I’m ok at it...don’t play it enough to be great.

Well, that's at least three of us. I'm confident @Meppi64 will be up for it too.

There's a new Tournament mode where you essentially fight your way through local or online opponents to recreate the roster fights of the arcade game. Looking forward to seeing what other features the game has to accommodate and track online multiplayer.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Bunkerneath wrote:

Damn it, sounded like last night was great. Got in really late and therefore way too much wine Hope you do it again. Only multi player game I got is Mariokart though.

Always next time πŸ‘

drew48k

Enjoyed the handful of games I joined the other night, thanks for arranging.

I’ll keep an eye on the thread for future MK8D action as it’s the only multiplayer online game I currently have for the Switch. I work long hours as a lorry driver and often away from home (and internet) so when things line up I’d be up for more!

/cheers

drew48k

Switch Friend Code: SW-6956-3591-7980 | Twitter:

Lroy

@mudbuckr Thank you for joining in and absolutely, hope to play with you again.

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy wrote:

Agent721 wrote:

@Lroy @OorWullie

Well, that's at least three of us. I'm confident @Meppi64 will be up for it too.

There's a new Tournament mode where you essentially fight your way through local or online opponents to recreate the roster fights of the arcade game. Looking forward to seeing what other features the game has to accommodate and track online multiplayer.

@Lroy Preordered my copy today too so you can count me in, I'll be always up for a match 10PM to 1AM UK time... if I don't fall asleep watching TV of course

BTW I'm always up for some late night (GMT+1) MK8 action, and with Spring Sale landing tomorrow I think I will get Rocket League too, so I'm looking forward to play a couple of matches with you guys!

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@Lroy @RetroGamerAndrew
Oh yeah, I'm getting Street Fighter Collection for sure.
Haven't preordered it yet as I still have a couple of months, but I'll most likely be there day one to get my butt kicked.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew @Meppi64 Excellent. I'll try and put a few pounds aside for the game then. May even pre-order it once it is listed on Amazon UK.

And yes, do give me a shout any evening you fancy playing online together.

Hopefully, we can get another Games Night organised.

Eagle9

Agent721 wrote:

@Eagle9

I do not own worms.

Orly

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

@subpopz I'm as 'normal' as they come.

normal read rubbish at fighting games, lol!

Looking forward to playing STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION with you all πŸ‘

I'm even tempted to give that FANTASY STRIKE a crack as it has appealing graphics and online.

Edited on by Lroy

Eagle9

OorWullie wrote:

@Eagle9 I love Worms but I don't own the game for Switch. I'd definitely be up for it if I ever get it. Is it good on Switch? What's it like finding other players to play against?

I haven't played this a lot yet, but Open Warfare 2 played a lot online and that was lot of fun

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

@oorwullie re: ROCKET LEAGUE Thanks for joining me mate. Apologies I was so dreadful πŸ˜‚

Bunkerneath

Was thinking of getting Worms when they said it was going to be physical. But they cancelled it so didn't bother. But might re-think if others are getting it.
Loved playing the original back in the day, and 2 wasn't bad, but from then on it got too many different weapons and a bit stupid in my eyes.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

OorWullie

The Eshop sale has started and there are a few games I'd like to get.

Bleed
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Count Lucanor

as well as Sol Divide and Moon Patrol. I can get all those off the Norwegian Eshop for Β£31.Not bad! I'd like to get Bloody Zombies as well but it's 2.9gb and that would mean deleting some games to make room for it. Going to wait for that one to go on sale another time,once I've got a new SD card or moved stuff over to my 32gb card. Can't be arsed doing that just now. There's a few games on there I paid full price for and haven't got around to playing yet, Steamworld Dig 2 and Owlboy are 2 of them. I'm glad you can't see the discount it received once you've already purchased it.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

meppi64

I'm holding off on Crypt of the Necrodancer as I think it'll be released physically one day by LRG like the Vita and PS4 versions were. Count Lucanor already has a physical release, so I'll pick that one up one day as well.

Bought a bit more than I was planning to.
Moon Patrol, World Heroes 2 Jet, Sol Divide, but also Steamworld Dig 1 for 5€. I'll gladly pick it up again if it ever gets a physical release. Same why I held off on Steamworld Heist for now.
Both brilliant games.
Picked up Quest of Dungeons as I'm looking for something in the vein of Shiren the Wanderer and DragonFangZ is still 20€ sadly.

Just played a couple of rounds of Moon Patrol and I had forgotten just how great the risk reward system in this game is. Super simple, yet it adds so much tension.
The faster you finish a section, the more points you receive for every second you have left over the average time. Not only makes going full speed it much harder to avoid obstacles, but also the avoid incoming fire for which you need to brake once in a while, even though you want to go as fast as possible.
Still so much fun, even after 35 years!
I also now just realised that I (once again) had thrown 2 games together in my mind.
For the longest time I seemed to remember that when playing Wonderboy, coming out of the woods in the first section and when you start to go up the hill, there were the normal size boulders that came down, but also supersized ones. Been looking for a game, official or bootleg that might have this in it as it wasn't in the original. So I thought it might be something like Super Wonderboy or something, but nope... It was actually Moon Patrol in which you have small and large boulders roll down the hills.
The second I saw the first one, I immediately remembered how I had been mistaken one tiny detail of another game and added it into a similar situation from Wonderboy! lol

Had the same thing happen a month or two ago with Waverace 64 and Ridge Racer.
When the announcer said "Allright everyone, one minute to go, etc", I could have sworn that was in Waverace, but since I started playing the Japanese N64 version about 10 years ago after importing it since that one is 60Hz with smaller borders, I thought it might be something that wasn't in the Japanese version and was added in later in the western version, but nope. It was actually from Ridge Racer...
But enough of the easy days of dementia setting in for me.

I'm nr.2 in the worldwide leaderboards for now, but I'm sure by tonight I won't even be in the top 20.

Untitled

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

I really wish that we'd get a classic arcade game every single week in the style of the Neo Geo releases.
These come out so slow.

Also I was just looking up the price for Urban Trial Playground since it comes out in May and the only physical version I heard about was the Japanese one.
But Play-Asia seems to have a preorder up for a EU edition as well as an Asia release.
Really hope this is confirmed soon as I'm really in the mood for a good Trials game after the last one let me down quite a bit.

meppi64

Lroy

SUPER BOMBERMAN R is discounted to Β£25 digitally. I bought it full price - physically - at launch and would say at that price it might be worth a punt. Plus, I need folks to play online πŸ˜‰

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

If anyone fancies a few matches of ROCKET LEAGUE sometime, give me a holler. Especially any fellow novices out there πŸ‘

OorWullie

I really like the look of this game that's coming next week.

Gotcha Racing 2

The original on 3DS received an 8/10 on here.

"Gotcha Racing is a deceptively complex, addicting racer with a maddeningly addictive collection and upgrade system. Iterating on your car to make it the best it can be is an endless, joyful pursuit. It distills the most complex elements of sim-style racers down into a simple, enjoyable formula that works on every level."

The sequel looks to be even bigger and better and it has online racing and leaderboards too. Nothing about a European release yet but it will cost $9.99 in the US.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

Anyone about tonight, fancies an online game or two?

I'll likely be on within the hour. So 9:30--10ish UK time.

[Edit] heading online now if you fancy playing anything like ROCKET LEAGUE, PUYO PUYO TETRIS, ARMS, MARIO KART 8 DELUXE, SPLATOON 2 (Turf War or Salmon Run is open), SUPER BOMBERMAN R or anything else. Let me know in here πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic