Forums

Topic: "3DS only, no buy" - but why?

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

TuVictus

To make the focus on the New 2DS.

TuVictus

skywake

@roy130390
It's Chinese whispers. You're responding to me without reading what I was responding to. And then getting all worked up when I didn't cover points that weren't part of the original comment

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ValhallaOutcast

The Switch is portable, the 3DS is portable I can see why some are wanting the Switch to be their only need for portable gaming so would like all those games on one machine

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

roy130390

@skywake If you say so, but it isn't the case, you just claim that without any reason likee the claim that I was talking about something different when I explained why it isn't so.

You ask us (I suppose you were talking about the thread creator and whoever felt similar to him and I) about assuming what people are thinking, and then you proceed to assume that I'm worked up without any reason since I didn't insult you or made anything to make you believe that. I don't know if you aren't able to disagree with someone without feeling that way, but it isn't the case for me. Personally, it just another discussion to me. I think you are taking it way too personal, so just to avoid missunderstandings, we can agree to disagree.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

skywake

@roy130390
I think it's pretty simple. I wrote a response to a post complaining about how people were supposedly saying that Nintendo should have cancelled 3DS games. And that Nintendo couldn't possibly have planned for this. All I said was that they definitely had time to plan for it and that people weren't saying that 3DS development should be cancelled. People in this thread are simply saying that it would have been nice if some of these late 3DS releases had also come out on Switch.

Two which you wrote a ~700 word response to my comment quoting only the very first part of my response. And you wonder why I said you were getting worked up over something I didn't say.

Edited on by skywake

roy130390

@skywake Yeah, I steel wonder it. A long reply isn't the same as getting worked up, it's just an assumption you are making.

I also adressed more than just one part, but I quoted that since my response parted from that part. I adressed why the making of BOTW and Odyssey did add up to not having the resources and time make a Switch version of Samus Returns , why the thread wasn't limited to the people in the thread and who were the people mentioned in the original post and why does it actually impact him if people pass on 3DS games. All were points mentioned by you at some point and ironically just discarded while you accused me of not reading your replies without any reason at all.

Again, you are taking it too personal, so let's just agree to disagree.

Edited on by roy130390

skywake

@roy130390
I quoted all three of the major themes of your essay and addressed them individually. So I don't see how you can accuse me casually discarding what you said. Again, my main point was to simply say that they could have released some of these late 3DS games on the Switch. It wouldn't have been the impossible task people in this thread have been making it out to be.

In any case I'm fairly sure that I have commented on some articles on this site for 3DS games saying that I was going to skip them now the Switch is out. I have a 3DS sitting on my desk as I type this. I'm quite literally the type of person this thread is about. So maybe I am taking it personally but, frankly, it's probably appropriate that I do given the thread is basically having a go at the way I think about the 3DS at this point in its life.

Again, me not buying Samus Returns on 3DS does not impact any of you in the slightest. The 3DS peaked quite a few years ago, Nintendo are probably already working on the last major 3DS release. Sales of Samus Returns will not impact on when and how Nintendo pull support for the console. And in the same way the game existing on 3DS doesn't impact me either. If you guys are still into the 3DS in 2017 more power to you, enjoy the system. I just can't personally justify spending $50-60AU on a game for the 3DS when for a few dollars more I could get another game on Switch.

And as you said in your thesis before, there are a LOT of great Switch games. It's not like I'm struggling to find games to buy. If it's between Samus Returns and Hey Pikmin or Mario + Rabbids and Splatoon 2, I'll get the latter. Every time. And I don't think I'm crazy to think it.

Edited on by skywake

eXtremeHippo

skywake wrote:

In any case I'm fairly sure that I have commented on some articles on this site for 3DS games saying that I was going to skip them now the Switch is out. I have a 3DS sitting on my desk as I type this. I'm quite literally the type of person this thread is about. So maybe I am taking it personally but, frankly, it's probably appropriate that I do given the thread is basically having a go at the way I think about the 3DS at this point in its life.

I just asked for an explanation of the way of thinking because I personally didn't understand it. I wasn't having a go at anyone, just asking for reasons. I did use the word "silly" but I made this thread so that I could understand and not think of it as silly anymore.

I'm not really interested in whether people want 3DS support to end or games to be on both formats or anything else people have mentioned or suggested so far. I just didn't understand why some people who want to play a game don't play it even though they have the console needed for it. I understand better now and I still disagree with it, but I don't think it is silly anymore because I can now see it from the other point of view.

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

roy130390

@skywake Yes, you adressed them and you told me that I was talking about something different to you, assuming, and Schrodinger's development cycle. Then I replied again saying why it wasn't something different, why I wasn't assuming and how it does impact 3DS owners, which by the way you again said it's not that way and it doesn't impact in the slightest... again. Just to adress that quickly: I explained already why it does, I'm not saying you or others don't have your reasons, and it's necessary to happen eventually as it did with every console and it successor (obviously people won't support a console for eternity) but it does impact. It's not the same as blaming you or any other Switch owner.

Anyway, after explaining all of that, you just replied saying:

" It's Chinese whispers. You're responding to me without reading what I was responding to. And then getting all worked up when I didn't cover points that weren't part of the original comment."

So yeah, that felt like you discarded or didn't read my reply, and it has more explanation than the relation between a long comment and being worked up. To be honest, I think that if person replies with a long reply it could be more because he doesn't know how to express himself without saying lot or maybe he just has a lot to say, rather than showing exaltation, anger or anything similar.

I understand that you are part of the persons mentioned but I don't see why you take it personal. It was simply asked for the reason behind leaving your 3DS and you replied with yours which I find completely valid. However, even if you fall in that group other people may have different reasons, hence why even if you fall in the group some points may or may not apply to you.

Since the first reply I explained that I understood every reason explained and that it wasn't necessary for it to be explained again. And no, of course your reason isn't crazy at all (no sarcasm or anything intended).

rockodoodle

My recent 3ds purchases.... Culdcept Revolt, Mario Party Top 100, Metroid, Miitopia, Hey Pikmin and want the new Kirby game.

rockodoodle

SKTTR

Culdcept, Mario Party, Metroid, Miitopia, Hey Pikmin, and Kirby look awesome. I should get them...
if they make them available on Switch. ^^

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.