Forums

Topic: 2019 will redeem 2018

Posts 41 to 60 of 128

ilikeike

@StephenYap3 Then let's rejoice that, hopefully, 2019 will give those types of trolls less to work with. Then again, I remember that people complained of an overload of Nintendo ports in 2017 when Nintendo released a grand total of 2 Wii U ports that year, so...

Again, I'm personally happy with 2018's lineup as a Smash and JRPG fanatic. I just think that 2019 will be a better year for everyone with more day-and-date third party games and new first party titles without having to rely on ports or indies as much as Nintendo has this year, that's all.

(I started this thread to try and silence trolls who claim "switch has no big games lol" but ended up sounding like one of those trolls myself...oops.)

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

EvilLucario

@ilikeike People have an agenda against Nintendo. People were STILL complaining about 2017 despite how good of a year it was. When that happens, no one can be pleased.

So what I do is ignore the dumb idiots that spout random nonsense and look at the games we get. Because quite honestly, people are dumb. After all, people bought PS4s and Xbox Ones before 2016 when they had pretty much nothing. Even the Wii U was better than them. The Wii U! There was very little reasons to buy a PS4 or Xbox One until the end of 2016 because their exclusive lineups were all polished turds (except for Bloodborne on PS4, which is niche on the level of Xenoblade 2) and all their third-party games were and are better on PC (except Arkham Knight). Both the Switch and even Wii U did a better job providing games early on in the lifecycle that people care about, and when the Wii U does something better you know you suck.

Once I realized that people could hype up crappy not-PC boxes early-on in their lifecycles before they actually get good (the PS4 is worth owning NOW at least, and as much as I rag on Xbox the Xbox One is decent value with very cool features like performance-boosting backwards compatibility) while at the same time crap on Switch's first year, I've learned to take all forms of Nintendo criticism with a grain of salt. There's some criticism that make sense like Nintendo's online offerings, which while I don't mind the $20 per year I can see why people aren't satisfied enough. But a lot of criticism for Nintendo is hilariously two-faced and hypocritical.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FaeKnight

For me, I got an XB1 for a few reasons. Backwards compatibility meant I would have a game library for it automatically when I bought one, as did Games with Gold since I had a dozen or so XB1 games I'd gotten that way. I also knew someone who'd had to replace their PS3 three times in one year due to it breaking during normal usage too. In all the time I've had my 360 it only broke once, and that was the Red Ring of Death. It was under extended warranty due to that issue so repairs were free. So I opted for the system that I had a game library with and that had a better reliability record with the previous generation.

Any time you buy a brand new console the games library is going to be rather small. Even if the list of games you could buy is huge, you can't afford to buy all of them at once. But once you have a selection of games that issue goes away. Right now I have 9 games on my Switch. That's a decent starting library. And there's 5 or 6 titles I either want or am looking forward to, at least. Heck, I still don't have all the 2017 release games I want yet

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

SwitchForce

Well alot of NIN haters can't stand the fact Nintendo created the first NES and dominated the market shares and they constantly want to rewrite or be revisionist to Nintendo history so they spout their nonsense in hopes the history books changes. Alot of them forgot if it wasn't for Nintendo back in the days they be playing their Atari games still. Just think for a moment the leap from Atari games to Nintendo games how much that revolutionized the Gaming world as we know it as today.

SwitchForce

DannyBoi

Whwre is the rest of the 2018 lineup anyway? Thought they wouldhave revelaed it by now. And goodlord, the Eshop coulddowith anupdate. Starting toget likethe Google Play store(minus the marioripp offs though).

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Alantor28

@DannyBoi Um... Are you feeling alright? You make a lot of spelling mistakes every time you post on the comments and threads. And your grammar skills (No offense) could use some improvement or such.

Are you using a computer or smartphone?

On topic, I think 2018 is a good year for Switch. I used to pay attention to those who have a grudge against Nintendo, but over time I ignore them since the Nintendo haters' words are not facts, just baseless opinions. 2019 will be even special, I hope.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

ieatdragonz

Well, I do believe 2019 will be great, but I cannot guarantee it. First off, I think a lot of the third party ports will begin to slow in 2019. Does that mean the new games will have the other console parity launches? That's the real question. Doom Eternal is a good sign, but will the other third parties commit to a simultaneous launch?

On the first party front, yes, I do think 2019 will be better than 2018. Fire Emblem is promising, Smash kinda carries over so that's good, Yoshi looks to be better than Kirby and Pokemon 2019 will hopefully appeal to more than just the casual market. And please, I beg of you Nintendo, release Metroid Prime 4. However, there is a little bit of a gap. What will be the casual game that fills? Can't be Mario Party or Tennis. Maybe Shin Megami Tensei can be the Octopath, but thats not confirmed just like Prime 4.

January, February and the beginning of March can be carried by Smash. April and May should be Fire Emblem. June being Yoshi would be a great time. Summer is a question mark. September could be the third parties and/or maybe finally Pikmin? Also potentially Shin Megami. October or December could be Prime 4 or Bayo 3 even, and November is obviously Pokemon.

Feels a little spread thin. Sure, the summer and January/February of this year was weak on both First and Third, but the timeline I describe might be even MORE spread thin. Of course, Nintendo and other could still reveal tons, but like my first point, third party ports should slow and that's either a good thing, or a terrible one.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Trajan

I'm happy with the games I got this year. Especially Ys 8, Octopath, and Torna.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Grumblevolcano

@ieatdragonz Even DOOM Eternal is too early to say about parity, remember how Dark Souls Remastered went from parity to summer 2018 to October 2018.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

@EvilLucario what you say there about it being no reason to buy an Xbox One at launch/first year is so true and yet there I was with my wallet lining up to buy it at launch and no doubt I will be there again for the next launch because I am such a sucker for new shiny things regardless of logic and as long as there are millions of fools like me Microsoft and Sony will continue to put minimal effort into launch periods.

bluemage1989

toiletduck

@bluemage1989 Hehe I'm quite like that actually. I'm one of those fools who bought the PS4 mainly for the new FIFA, even though I wasn't gaming that much back then. Now that I've bought a Switch early life cycle with a ton of accessories and rediscovered the PS4 library (I have a huuuuuge backlog), I'm really planning on waiting a while before I buy a new one. Unless of course a more powerful Switch comes around or when Sony enters the hybrid market

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Anorax

The only reason I will buy a PS4 is for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Windows 10 gaming desktop | Nintendo Switch

FaeKnight

@Anorax Why would that game be a PS4 system seller to you? It's releasing on PC and XB1 too. I mean, isn't it usually the system exclusives that are the "system seller" games due to the others being available on nearly any console?

FaeKnight

Anorax

FaeKnight wrote:

@Anorax Why would that game be a PS4 system seller to you? It's releasing on PC and XB1 too. I mean, isn't it usually the system exclusives that are the "system seller" games due to the others being available on nearly any console?

Mainly because the RDR2 release would be another year away on the PC version.

FaeKnight

Yes, but why would it specifically be a PS4 seller? Are there other exclusive games you're interested in?

FaeKnight

Harmonie

Well, 2018 was supposed to be better than 2017, which was also heavy on Wii U ports and - as far as exclusives go - also flew on a single major title at the end of the year - Super Mario Odyssey. We've all seen how that has turned out.

At least 2019 has the core Pokemon game (unlike the cheap, shoddy LGP/E). However, it could really be the case where it's yet another Switch year where the most exciting exclusive by a wide margin comes out at the end of the year.

Animal Crossing is still suspiciously MIA, though. And Metroid Prime 4 is a thing. I don't personally care for Metroid, but if that game came out alongside core Pokemon and Animal Crossing next year, I'd definitely consider it a much better year for the Switch than 2017 and 2018 (from the standpoint of first party exclusives).

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Anorax

FaeKnight wrote:

Yes, but why would it specifically be a PS4 seller? Are there other exclusive games you're interested in?

Yes also Uncharted, Last Of Us, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

toiletduck

Harmonie wrote:

Well, 2018 was supposed to be better than 2017, which was also heavy on Wii U ports and - as far as exclusives go - also flew on a single major title at the end of the year - Super Mario Odyssey. We've all seen how that has turned out.

You'd see things differently when you accept that BOTW is multiplat (ok so not Switch exclusive but still Nintendo exclusive) and Splatoon 2 is a sequel. As long as you keep denying obvious facts like that, you will always find something to complain about.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

FaeKnight

If a game, Breath of the WIld for example, releases simultaneously on multiple consoles it isn't a "port". Since it released on the exact same day at the same time for both Wii U and Switch, the game isn't a port.

If a game has zero other consoles it was released on, it's not a port either. It's an exclusive. And since Nintendo has announced they are not releasing any more games on the Wii U, no there wont be a Wii U edition of Splatoon 2. This means the game is exclusive to the Switch.

How and why are people still calling these two games a "Wii U port"? And why do they keep forgetting about games like ARMS when they rant about how Mario Odyssey was the only first party exclusive title released in 2017 Or Snipperclips? Okay, I can understand people disregarding 1 2 Switch. That's more of a glorified tech demo, and probably should have been a pack in game instead of a full price retail release. but Mario Odyssey wasn't the only first party exclusive game to be released. And Breath of the Wild isn't a port because the two consoles got simultaneous releases.

FaeKnight

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.