Forums

Topic: E3: 2010: What Will Nintendo Bring to The Table?

Posts 1 to 20 of 39

RoyalBlur

Well the 2010 E3 is only a few weeks away. The Big Three will indeed have some incredible new things to show us.

At last year's E3 Nintendo shook, awed and surprised us with the Nintendo DSi, WiiSports Resort, The mysterious Vitality Sensor, the big reveal of WayForward's Shantae and the announcement of Super Mario Galaxy 2. SONY PlayStation surprised us with the PSP GO, PSP Minis, PSP Comic Book Reader and the wonderful preview of ModNation Racers and then Microsoft brought out the works with Halo Wars and Halo: Orbital-Drop Shock Troopers.

So what will this year's E3 bring? Will Sony hold a candle with Playstation Move? Can Microsoft steal the show by finally announcing a handheld game system? Will Apple surprise with the gaming potential of the iPad or will Nintendo conquer with the new revolution that is temporally being called the "3DS"?

Well I think that Nintendo has already won this E3 even before it has begun. I also believe that the announcement of the Nintendo "3DS" which is not a DS at all will simply "steal" the show at the E3. Plus the expatiations are already high for this E3 with a new Zelda title for Wii bound to be unveiled along with the highly likelihood of an Icarus Kid and Star Fox game to be debuted for the new "3DS" (which is not another DS iteration at all) and then there is GoldenSun DS which is also another highly anticipated title.

There is no denying that Nintendo has been the king of gaming and will continue to be the dominate force. Nintendo has conquered through pure innovation and imagination. I’m quite hopeful that this new handheld “3DS” will have far superior graphical capabilities than the current DS model has and it is my belief that it’s graphical capabilities will be on par (if not surpass) those of the PSP and Apple’s iPod Touch/ iPad. From what I’ve read so far the 3DS will utilize nVIDIA technology for its graphics. With that in mind I’m sure it means there will be yet another handheld Mario Kart along with Animal Crossing and I say that because Mario Kart and Animal Crossing: Wild World were released with the first Nintendo DS (phat).

Then there is the reality that Nintendo will indeed discuss the future of the Wii and no doubt they’ll talk about the rumored Wii HD which will probably not be a Wii HD at all and I can back this up because not long ago Nintendo patented something called Nintendo Zii. (http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/14/what-is-the-nintendo-zii/) As

Nintendo likes to stay two to three steps ahead of the competition I'm sure they'll release something that will offer some serious competition for Microsoft Project Natal and SONY Move. Plus Nintendo has nothing to fear from SONY and Microsoft because in the eyes of “we the people” we know that Microsoft/ Sony have come to the table too little too late and are simply ripping-off of Nintendo's innovative ideas. Simply put Nintendo is synonymous with motion based gaming because they invented motion controlled gaming and the perfect example of that is the revolutionary game play of Wii Sports Resort, WiiFit and Super Mario Galaxy. Furthermore Nintendo has won over a new breed of gamers; the casual audience and even non-traditional gamers, people who thought they'd never ever play a game. And that is where Nintendo has truly wrought a revolution.

So as far as winning the E3 is concerned, I think Nintendo already has it in the bag. That's my opinion. So what's your opinion?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Corbs

What's on my radar as far as what I want to see and get some hands-on time with includes the 3DS, Zelda Wii, and Golden Sun DS. Those would have to be my top three. But I have a feeling Nintendo will have more fun stuff in store, and I guess that's what has me the most excited. Once the Nintendo Press Conference is over, then the real fun begins. I can't wait. A part of me is hoping for something really cool as far as a Super Mario title for the 3DS and what they'll be able to do with it.

Plain old gamer :)

Adam

Fire Emblem and F-Zero or else.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Ravage

I'm still waiting for that money printing machine. Don't disappoint Nintendo!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

RoyalBlur

Corbie wrote:

...What's on my radar as far as what I want to see and get some hands-on time with includes the 3DS, Zelda Wii, and Golden Sun DS. A part of me is hoping for something really cool as far as a Super Mario title for the 3DS and what they'll be able to do with it...

I must admit that Golden Sun DS is a high priority on my watch list along with Dragon Quest IX Defenders of the Starry Sky. I really hope that Nintendo will put a Super Mario Galaxy game on the new 3DS.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

ShinRPGGamer

weirdadam wrote:

Or else what?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

irken004

Gmls719 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Or else what?

He might end up looking like this:
Untitled

Adam

That, or I will send a very profane complaint letter to Nintendo comparing them unfavorably to BPlus.

Come on, friends,

Kid_A

Zelda is the one I'm undoubtedly most excited about, and I think the 3DS is going to be a really interesting (if potentially dangerous) little experiment. I'm also genuinely interested in seeing what, exactly, the vitality sensor is, and hopefully some actual news (or gameplay) of Pikmin friggin' 3.
Last year was a pretty spectacular year for Nintendo (New Super Mario Bros Wii, Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Vitality Sensor, Zelda artwork) but this year could potentially top it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

the_shpydar

@Adam
Hey now, I want Fire Emblem too, but let's not be THAT mean! XD

I'm mainly interested in seeing what the 3DS is all about (and find out if it truly is coming this fall), and of course the next Zelda Wii.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Adam

Pikmin Friggin' 3 should be the actual name.

Come on, friends,

ShinRPGGamer

weirdadam wrote:

Pikmin Friggin' 3 should be the actual name.

O RLY?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

mnementh

Nintendo should ditch E3 and create E4.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

SuperMarioFan96

Hopefully Zelda, 3DS, perhaps Vitality Sensor, Pikmin 3, and more importantly games that haven't been previously announced (that are good).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Chrono_Cross

mnementh wrote:

...what?

On topic: Nintendo should be giving us more details on the upcoming Zelda game, more information regarding Other M, Vitality Sensor, Sales on Super Mario Galaxy 2 along with sales on the Wii/DS, 3DS details, SURPRISES, and F-Zero Z.

EDIT: And hopefully Pikmin 3 details as well.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

V8_Ninja

Isn't this directly taken from IGN or some other big-name-but-nobody-actually-cares-about-them video game news website?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RoyalBlur

mnementh wrote:

E4? Where are you going with that? Please explain.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordJumpMad

: What Will Nintendo Bring to The Table? mmmm.........
I hope Theres lots of Spaghetti!!!!.

and a little bit of New F-zero on the side too

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Rusty_Nail

Reggie has been fired, we kick of the show demonstrate the new Nintendo 3DS that has built-in coffee machine and better graphics than a Xbox 360, then we are demonstrating Stafox Wii, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3 and many more

Edited on by Rusty_Nail

Rusty_Nail

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.