Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 81 to 100 of 1,779

Jacob717

jariw wrote:

Why are so many people expecting the New 3DS at this Nintendo Direct? It's a world wide Direct, and the focus is on new software for 3DS and Wii U. And Japan and Australia already have the New 3DS.

The Direct on November 5th was also world wide, but Japan and Europe got other stuff that NA didn't see. So if they talk about the New 3DS, then that portion won't be shown in Japan or Australia.

[youtube:7--AWtcfTRg] [youtube:KkXmABkDlNE]

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

jariw

Wii U, pretty much guaranteed titles:
Devil's Third
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Wooly World
Splatoon

Wii U titles that might appear:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (releases already next week in Japan, so it's not much of a "Direct" material for Japan anymore, and it was covered in the November Direct)
Mario Maker
Mario vs. Donkey Kong U (that's a title that could appear anywhere during the year)
Art Academy

Captain Toad amiibo support (and maybe DLC) might also be covered.

Anything outside this list would be a nice surprise to me.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jariw

Dipper723 wrote:

jariw wrote:

Why are so many people expecting the New 3DS at this Nintendo Direct? It's a world wide Direct, and the focus is on new software for 3DS and Wii U. And Japan and Australia already have the New 3DS.

The Direct in November was also world wide, but Japan and Europe got other stuff that NA didn't see. So if they talk about the New 3DS, then that portion won't be shown in Japan or Australia.

Yes, that would make sense.

jariw

renaryuugufan92

Majora's Mask 3D official release date announcement, umm yes!

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Grumblevolcano

Dipper723 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I bet Nintendo announces a merger with Sega, and they will jointly reveal their Gen 9 console, the Segendo Gamecast for a Holiday 2018 release.

And it's launch game will be, "Super Mario & Sonic Adventure 64"

Half the game will be Big's gameplay style from Sonic Adventure (Fishing!)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Randomname19

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I bet Nintendo announces a merger with Sega, and they will jointly reveal their Gen 9 console, the Segendo Gamecast for a Holiday 2018 release.

And even more fishing levels will be added as DLC

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

KO-Cub

Randomname19 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

And even more fishing levels will be added as DLC

I cannot... contain... my hype.... More rods... Froggy costume!!!

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Socar

Stuff that will most likely show up from this direct are.

For 3DS
1.Majora's Mask
2. Codename S.T.E.A.M
3.More 3DS themes
4.new 3DS games (hopefully Metroid or Wario!)
5.small chance that the new 3DS will be revealed

for Wii U
1.Splatoon
2.Legend of Zelda U
3.Star Fox U
4.New Wii U games (Hopefully Metroid or F-Zero!)
5.New features

Things that might show up and be helpful
1.The ability to store system data like activity logs, eshop content etc to pc and use pc as means of buying digital games.
2.Unity can now be used to make games for 3DS.

This is my prediction. But knowing Nintendo, They'll probably offer even better.....or probably not! Though I'm not that surprised and I don't know why. Maybe because that I just have so many games on the 3DS that I nearly forgot about the Direct.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WebHead

Stuff I expect/want to see:
-New 3DS NA/EU release date
-MH 4 U NA/EU release date
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse trailer
-STEAM trailer
-Captain Toad amiibo support
-Mewtwo trailer
-Release dates for MM 3D, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Yoshi.
-eShop stuff

Hopes:
-VC gets addressed
-new first party game for 3DS

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

cookiex

Oh boy, it's that time of the month! (or bimonth? Is there a word for that?)

Likely:

• New info on:
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
    Code Name S.T.E.A.M
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    Majora's Mask 3D
    Splatoon
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
    Puzzle & Dragons: Mario Edition (whether it'll only show up in the Japanese direct remains to be seen)
    Amiibo in more games
  • Smash Bros. Mewtwo Trailer

Maybe:

• New info on:
    Devil's Third
    Mario Maker
    Mario Party 10
    Mario Vs. Donkey Kong U
    Xenoblade Chronicles New 3DS
  • New game reveal
  • New 3DS info
  • NNID Improvements

Low chance:

• New info on:
    Zelda U
    Star Fox U
    Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
    Project Giant Robot / Guard
    Pikachu Detective Game

Not Happening:

• New info on:
    Retro's new project

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

The Direct announcement was retweeted by Soraya Saga, Tetsuya Takahashi's wife. Likely means some Xeno-related news, whether it be reveal of XC n3DS localization or new trailer for XCX (release date would probably be wishful thinking).

At any rate, expect at least one new game reveal. There has never been a worldwide direct in which a new game has not been revealed.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KryptoniteKrunch

CaviarMeths wrote:

The Direct announcement was retweeted by Soraya Saga, Tetsuya Takahashi's wife. Likely means some Xeno-related news, whether it be reveal of XC n3DS localization or new trailer for XCX (release date would probably be wishful thinking).

At any rate, expect at least one new game reveal. There has never been a worldwide direct in which a new game has not been revealed.

Cool, thanks for the info. I predict they will reveal the annual Pokemon game.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

WebHead

KryptoKrunch wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info. I predict they will reveal the annual Pokemon game.

I can see Pokémon X2 and Y2 versions being announced. The New 3DS version enhancements would be smooth framerate and maybe even 3D overworld.

WebHead

NinjaWaddleDee

[quote=Dipper723][quote=CaviarMeths]

Randomname19 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

You can also fish in Hyrule with a Link amiibo! And even in the lava lake from Other M, with a Samus amiibo!

My wishes are:

• Metroid U teaser, not a trailer, but a logo. I'm sure they will wait for that at E3.
  • Release dates for Spring/Summer games. Yoshi's Wooly World, Devil's Third, Splatoon, Mario Party 10.
  • Captain Toad amiibo support.
  • Amiibo wave 4 release date. (Oh god, get ready for the mass hysteria. We're all dead as soon as they announce some of the long awaited characters, like Zero Suit, Ness, and Lucina. Scalpers, scalpers everywhere. sigh just let me buy my dang Ness figure already. Freaking Japan had those Earthbound figures for like forever.)

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

WebHead

I really hope VC gets addressed. N64 games for Wii u were announced literally 2 years ago.

WebHead

LzWinky

If that's the case, then the new 3DS is confirmed. Why else hold a press event?

Or heck, at least one new game coming soon.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

WaLzgi wrote:

If that's the case, then the new 3DS is confirmed. Why else hold a press event?

Or heck, at least one new game coming soon.

I'm thinking the direct will announce a release date and the press event will provide more details on the system itself.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

LzWinky

Nah, the press event will most likely demo the new 3DS and upcoming games. All the announcements will be made in the Direct.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

WaLzgi wrote:

Nah, the press event will most likely demo the new 3DS and upcoming games. All the announcements will be made in the Direct.

I think that would be a bit too much if you're going to squeeze it in with Wii U and 3DS announcements in a likely 40-minute long presentation.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.