Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,969

Tasuki

Funny thing was I said right to my son watch Brock Lesnar's legal adviser be Paul Hayman. About 10 seconds later Paul walks out. Now if only I could do that with Lottery numbers.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

AJ is the best diva in the WORLD!!!

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

kkslider5552000

Splat wrote:

AJ is the best diva in the WORLD!!!

it's weird watching a female wrestler in mainstream wrestling given tv time, let alone owning the two guys fighting for the title. And in a way that's more 3 dimensional than "women will take advantage of men" or some other uncreative, possibly sexist nonsense. cough cough Eve cough cough I was looking forward to that Kane story at first but it was ultimately pointless cough cough

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

OMG they brought back the anonymous GM. Well I hope it plays out this time instead of them just dropping it.

My Backlog

Splat

1000th Raw tonight!!! Starts an hour earlier if anyone is interested.

Tasuki

ARRRRG!!! I totally forgot that I was tonight. Damn I hope they bring this one out on DVD so I can see. Really wanted to see it too.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

My favorite moment from tonight was definitely seeing Lita again, she still looks soooooo amazing.
To quote Ron Simmons, "DAMN!"

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CommanderAudio

I swear to God, the Daniel Bryan X AJ relationship is so damn soppy. I actually had to change the channel during the montage on the Peep Show because I can't stand soppiness on that level. So glad its over.

Edited on by CommanderAudio

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

CommanderAudio

HOLY. CRAP. DX REUNITED WITH BILLY GUNN, ROAD DOGG AND X-PAC. I am weeping tears of nolstagia and glee right now

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

Tasuki

Brock Lesnar: 2, WWE: 0. I have to say its good to see Brock and Paulie back again.

My Backlog

Retro_on_theGo

So I've actually been pretty up to date with wrestling right now, because my cousin invites me to watch it with him and I don't feel like saying no. I hate that no! No! No! guy.
CM Punk rocks. And there's a Diva championship? People care? The WWE themselves don't even seem to care about them anymore than eye candy from what I've seen. Minus AJ, I guess... Kane wearing a mask again seems pointless to me. What, he burn it again? lol Don't care enough to watch Summer Slam, but who's going for who in the Brock vs. Triple H?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki

Not sure if any of you watched Raw last night but WWE commentator Jerry The King Lawler suffered a sever heart attack on the air. Currently hes in a hospital in Montreal and is in critical condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-09-10/jerry-lawler-collapse...

http://www.eonline.com/news/344858/wwe-announcer-jerry-lawler...

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Hope The King makes a full recovery. I beleive as of now, he's had an angioplasty procedure and has stabilized, thank god.

One of the most disturbing things while watching RAW last night was Cole completely breaking character to relay the news, and then there being no commentary at all for the last hour or so of the show. Cole was clearly very shaken by the whole thing, especially since early on it looked as though King may not even make it out of the arena alive (he had evidently stopped breathing and they were performing CPR on him in the back before they were ultimately able to get him stabilized enough to transport to the hospital).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Ya, thoughts and prayers for King. In a way it was kinda of a blessing that it happened at Raw since they all ready have a medical staff standing by. I mean who knows what would have happened had he been at home.

Tasuki

Well according to WWE.com Jerry Lawler is stable and awake but he is still in the hospital.

My Backlog

NightSmoke

That was the most surreal raw ever. The segments right after King's heart attack but before Cole's first update were very unsettling as were the ads for Night of Champions with out anyone trying to sell it to me. However I do believe I enjoyed the Rhodes v. Mysterio match more than I would have if it had commentary.

FC: 4124-5240-8883
WWWYKI

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Anyone see Orton's match tonight? The fans were chanting Albert at Tensei and you could actually see Orton laugh for a bit when he was in a choke hold. That was hilarious.

I will have to check that out I recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch it all. On a side note I am happy to hear that Lawler is doing good.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic