Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,969

polivar4

ELI-ASH wrote:

@Tasuki i heard they pay Brock 5 million for 20 dates so they just happen to run out of them for the rest of the year. Brock should be back in time for the royal rumble ppv.

I dont think they are just gonna forget the rollins/ambrose feud just like that. I think they are saving the final match for a later ppv (possibly mania)

I want a healthy Brock to go back to the UFC where he belongs. And aren't Dean and Bray feuding right now? Seth and Dean should be saved up until Mania WWE has done a good job at teasing us with their confrontations.

Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors, Ea Sports UFC, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Resident Evil 4 for Wii and ZombiU
Purple Belt in BJJ
Deadpool is my hero!

polivar4

Tasuki wrote:

Wow was Hell in the Cell a complete joke or what?

First off I like Ziggler and I think he is due a much needed push but to have him take out Caesaro in a 2 out of 3 match and not had Caesaro win one just made Caesaro look week. John Cena VS Randy Orton (How many times are we going to see this one) . Then the fact that the WWE Championship isn't even defended on a PPV? WTF? I know Brock has his contract and all but if that was the case why make him Champion? And then the Amborse/Rollins match. Now let me say I really enjoyed the start of the match is it me or does Amborse remind anyone of us of Tommy Dreamer back from the ECW days? In fact Ambrose reminds me alot of the old ECW attitude lol. Anyway great match but the ending give me a freakin breakin Rollins wins again from outside interference? And of all people Bray Wyatt??? Now dont get me wrong I like Bray but why have him team up with the Authority? Andy why can't they just let Dean win? Now they just totally disrupted the Ambrose/Rollins story line cause now Ambrose is going to go after The Wyatt's and Rollins will just fade off like so many other great rivalries.

Yeah totally disappointed with this one I am hoping Survivor Series will be good since its one of the big 4 of the WWE PPVs but I am not counting on it.

If anything Ambrose reminds me of a mix between Edge and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors, Ea Sports UFC, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Resident Evil 4 for Wii and ZombiU
Purple Belt in BJJ
Deadpool is my hero!

Tasuki

I have to say I did enjoy Survivor Series alot even before Sting made his appearance. I really liked the tag team match the most its good to see them going back to traditional tag teams rather then lets put these two guys together that we don't know what to do with like they were doing a few years ago. The Ambrose/Wyatt match was great as well.
The only thing that disappointed me was the prematch with Cesaro again it just puzzles me as to why they are holding this guy back. This is the guy they should have went too when Daniel Bryan was hurt instead of John Cena. But hey maybe in few years we will be seeing Cesaro the soul survivor of a Survivor Series match like Ziggler.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

polivar4

ELI-ASH wrote:

CM Punk finally speaks on what exactly happen. Its long but its really worth a listen.

Released by the WWE on his wedding day?

Purple Belt in BJJ
Deadpool is my hero!

RedDevilAde

polivar4 wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

CM Punk finally speaks on what exactly happen. Its long but its really worth a listen.

Released by the WWE on his wedding day?

Vince apologised for that happening last night on Austin's podcast. Said it wasn't intentional and basically blamed it on the WWE being internally disorganised (spun to not make it sound so bad).

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Tasuki

Well last night I watched a very interesting documentary on WWE Network about Paul Hayman called Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Paul Hayman. I have to say as much as I loved Paul Hayman before watching it I really gained even more respect for the man. Definitely one of my favorite personals in wrestling today even before I watched the documentary but even more so now.

If you are a fan of him I highly recommend watching it.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Pretty good Raw Monday Night sorry for the late comment but I watch Raw on Tuesdays. Probably one of the best in a long time but that's to be expected this time of year. I really loved the Tag Team reunions they had especially the APA. Also I was rolling when the Kliq was giving Triple H a hard time about his executive job lol.

Ending wise I really loved it. Classic Paul Hayman looking so smug as Brock Lesnar made his way down to the ring. Almost like he knows he is the only one that can control Lesnar.

My Backlog

Tasuki

What a F'in joke. Worst Rumble ever.

It was nice to see Bubba Ray back in the WWE again and DDP. Other then that horrible.

So now I guess at some point before WM Seth will cash in the MitB. I can't really see a Reigns/Lesnar match.

My Backlog

MoogleMuffins

That was just embarrassing. How can Vince possibly be so stupid?

Did he not learn from last years Royal Rumble? The people want Daniel Bryan to win the Rumble. I'm glad the crowd booed as loud as they did tonight. Vince deserved it.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

the_shpydar

Dear Vince McMahon,

You say you're "not out of touch". That you "listen to the fans".
No.
No you don't.
Two years in a row, and you botch what is supposed to be one of the best PPVs of the year.

Sincerely, Every single wrestling fan.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

The_Fox

Reportedly the WWE network cancellation page crashed due to heavy volume after the PPV. Not sure if that's true or not but it would be just too perfect if it were.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

jump

TBH I don't like Bryan but he's better than Roman who can't do promos or wrestle. I don't know why people are complaining after such a great triple threat title match and divas match was pretty good too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

the_shpydar

The_Fox wrote:

Reportedly the WWE network cancellation page crashed due to heavy volume after the PPV. Not sure if that's true or not but it would be just too perfect if it were.

And apparently #CancelWWENetwork trended heavily enough that even mainstream media (including Time and USAToday) picked up on it. You can bet that's not going to sit well with the investors of a publicly-traded company.

It really seems like after countless months (years) of being force-fed crap they don't want by Vinnie Mac & Co., last night's Rumble may have been the last straw.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ZeldaToThePast

It didn't bother me enough to want to cancel my subscription or anything. Even though I would have liked Rusev if he won the way it looked by rolling out of the ring I would have been a little mad, that is no way to win that. Sure, it could have used more guest entrances to I suppose, but can't get that every year.

Edited on by ZeldaToThePast

ZeldaToThePast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7352-8548

kkslider5552000

I don't actively keep up with watching more than the rare WWE show outside of skimming through a report of the shows, but I'm surprised by this. After Wrestlemania last year I really thought they were learning from their mistakes. And even ignoring that, even by WWE standards, this Royal Rumble made no sense on any level. It was like every writer got to book 1 of the wrestlers in the match and all decided to use them in the worst way possible. And I say that as someone who enjoyed...the first half of it.

Seriously, let's go through this
-Starting it with the less popular part of the 2nd most relevant tag team and a midcarder who hasn't mattered in years
-After some awesome Bubba moves, moving to Wyatt being CM Punk via 2010, which is honestly fine.
-Remainder of Wyatt family appears, big pop for Rowans and Harper seemingly going against Wyatt. Rowans is turned on randomly during the beatdown, and then Harper is immediately thrown out afterwards. STORYTELLING!11!1!!!
-Daniel Bryan comes in and makes crowd excited
-Nothing anyone cared about happens until DDP
-Daniel Bryan is thrown out in horribly uninteresting and unclimatic way despite being the most over guy in the company
-No one cares afterwards, barring two or three wrestlers
-Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler, the other two most over faces in the match, get tossed out anti-climatically
-Mizdow's moment gets ruined in 30 seconds
-Big Show and Kane as 2 of the final guys in an important match in 2015
-Rusev gets cheered, Rock gets booed solely because the booking was that bad, which should be almost literally impossible

I don't like to use hyperbole, but this is honestly late WCW levels of incompetence

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

the_shpydar

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't like to use hyperbole, but this is honestly late WCW levels of incompetence

I'd honestly say it's potentially worse. During late-WCW, they at least had the excuse that the company was being run by execs who knew nothing about wrestling and booking that was hamstrung by a bunch of talent with guaranteed contracts who were looking to get themselves over at the expense of everyone else.

The current WWE is run by people who, in theory, know what they're doing. They just don't seem to give a damn about giving the audience what it wants. The Royal Rumble just came off as a giant middle finger to WWE fans, for all the reasons you listed.

And yea, the fact that even THE ROCK was getting booed and couldn't rehabilitate the anger of the crowd should say it all.

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic