Forums

Topic: What's your Beserk Button?

Posts 201 to 220 of 259

Splat

When I'm playing a game online MHT,COD,ect and someone says I shouldn't use a certain weapon or say I'm a noob for using it.

Just let me play the game how I like to play the game...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

TeeJay

People who make way too many topics. Stop making so many freaking topics! (╬ಠ益ಠ)

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JayArr

zezhyrule wrote:

tacos

lol.....owned.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

theblackdragon

oh it's on now, y'all, thanks to that 'how long is your...' thread i just deleted — right now my berzerk switch has been flipped by all of you people who make a gigantic stink on the forums about an offensive comment or topic and don't freakin' report it. You see that 'Report' link over every comment here at NL? CLICK IT IF SOMETHING HAS OFFENDED YOU.

WE DON'T KNOW IF THERE'S A PROBLEM IF NO ONE REPORTS IT.

fgs, i know it seems like I'm always around and i've got an eye on everything that goes down around here, but sometimes i'm not — i may be at job#1, i may still be in transit to job#2, or — god forbid — i may be sleeping. I find comments like 'Wow, still up?' and 'Does TheBlackDragon think this is funny? LOCK THE THREAD! This is disgusting!' incredibly offensive, and moreso when i check my inbox to see that not a one of you people posting in the damn thread bothered to report the damn thing. those reports don't go to just me, they go to everyone else with mod privs as well, and there's usually someone around to take care of the problem (especially one so flagrant) if I am not. please, please use the Report link!

I would like to thank Itsa for being the only person to get in touch with us about the problem. It was his use of the Contact Form that alerted me to the problem, and the thread was gone within seconds after it loaded on my computer. It's that easy, you guys >:[

and for those of you who may be afraid that someone else has already reported something and you don't want to bother the moderation team, I would rather see seventeen people reporting the same comment than have to stumble across and clean up/e-mail people over something that happened three days prior.

/rant
i promise i love you all and i'll be okay after i've had some lunch, but that absolutely, positively made my head explode just now :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Ugh, when reviewers don't finish what they're reviewing. I mean, you never know if something bad could turn good near the end, or if something good turns really bad once you get into it. Also, sometimes the ending can make or break the story. I also hate it when a reviewer apparently hasn't really touched whatever they're reviewing for a long time. I've only seen that once, but it really burned me up when I saw it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JeanLuc_Vaycard

theblackdragon wrote:

oh it's on now, y'all, thanks to that 'how long is your...' thread i just deleted — right now my berzerk switch has been flipped by all of you people who make a gigantic stink on the forums about an offensive comment or topic and don't freakin' report it. You see that 'Report' link over every comment here at NL? CLICK IT IF SOMETHING HAS OFFENDED YOU.

WE DON'T KNOW IF THERE'S A PROBLEM IF NO ONE REPORTS IT.

fgs, i know it seems like I'm always around and i've got an eye on everything that goes down around here, but sometimes i'm not — i may be at job#1, i may still be in transit to job#2, or — god forbid — i may be sleeping. I find comments like 'Wow, still up?' and 'Does TheBlackDragon think this is funny? LOCK THE THREAD! This is disgusting!' incredibly offensive, and moreso when i check my inbox to see that not a one of you people posting in the damn thread bothered to report the damn thing. those reports don't go to just me, they go to everyone else with mod privs as well, and there's usually someone around to take care of the problem (especially one so flagrant) if I am not. please, please use the Report link!

I would like to thank Itsa for being the only person to get in touch with us about the problem. It was his use of the Contact Form that alerted me to the problem, and the thread was gone within seconds after it loaded on my computer. It's that easy, you guys >:[

and for those of you who may be afraid that someone else has already reported something and you don't want to bother the moderation team, I would rather see seventeen people reporting the same comment than have to stumble across and clean up/e-mail people over something that happened three days prior.

/rant
i promise i love you all and i'll be okay after i've had some lunch, but that absolutely, positively made my head explode just now :/

I did not see this thread . Maybe its better I didn't (Or maybe I missed something epic) so I could not report. Sorry dragon lady. (And there is my suck up post for the day lol)

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

theblackdragon

lol vay, it's whatev' now — so long as everyone knows to report things while dogpiling onto a thread instead of just assuming someone else did. you didn't miss much, really, just some standard trolling :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

Ugh, when reviewers don't finish what they're reviewing. I mean, you never know if something bad could turn good near the end, or if something good turns really bad once you get into it. Also, sometimes the ending can make or break the story. I also hate it when a reviewer apparently hasn't really touched whatever they're reviewing for a long time. I've only seen that once, but it really burned me up when I saw it.

Reviewers don't have the time to finish every game they're reviewing. It would be a nice luxury to have, but the 50-60 hours to complete a JRPG would cost a publication $1000 for a decent journalist to play the game, let alone find the time to write the review. And then they'd be the last ones to have the review go live.

A 3-4 hour game? Sure, it's just lazy if you don't finish those and then review. But anything over 15 hours to complete... you have a pretty good idea of what the game is about if you're a halfway decent critic and you've played more than 50% of the game.

LordTendoboy

Game developers that won't support a new console because it's userbase is too small.

Well no duh the userbase is small! IT'S A NEW SYSTEM! You expect it to sell millions of units in a week?! If developers won't release games, people won't buy the console. It's the developer's responsibility to provide games for us to play. More games = more sales.

I think I've made my point.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Reviewers don't have the time to finish every game they're reviewing. It would be a nice luxury to have, but the 50-60 hours to complete a JRPG would cost a publication $1000 for a decent journalist to play the game, let alone find the time to write the review. And then they'd be the last ones to have the review go live.

A 3-4 hour game? Sure, it's just lazy if you don't finish those and then review. But anything over 15 hours to complete... you have a pretty good idea of what the game is about if you're a halfway decent critic and you've played more than 50% of the game.

I don't care about the finances, I care about accuracy. If you can't finish it, don't review it, since it won't be worth reading. On the plus side, at least some places note whether or not they finished it so I know not to bother.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Game developers that won't support a new console because it's userbase is too small.

Well no duh the userbase is small! IT'S A NEW SYSTEM! You expect it to sell millions of units in a week?! If developers won't release games, people won't buy the console. It's the developer's responsibility to provide games for us to play. More games = more sales.

So you want game developers to go out of business.

Nice to know. I'd rather them stay in business. I've already told you multiple times that Activision, Square Enix, Capcom and Co don't have any responsibility whatsoever to support a new console if it won't be profitable for them.

I don't care about the finances, I care about accuracy. If you can't finish it, don't review it, since it won't be worth reading. On the plus side, at least some places note whether or not they finished it so I know not to bother.

Unless a critic's job is to tell you how a game finishes, then I don't see how it's relevant if the game is completed.

I thought readers tended to get upset by spoilers. :-/

Rather than stick some arbitrary "you can't tell if a game is good unless you've finished it" condition, perhaps it would be better to want a critic to play enough of a game to be able to tell you whether it's the kind of game that will appeal to you? Sometimes that means the game needs to be finished. Other times, it doesn't.

Edited on by Bankai

grumblegrumble

The fact that you can't search the forums.. That's a huge pet peeve of mine around here

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

pikku

zezhyrule wrote:

Really impatient people and people who get mad over the smallest things. Calm down doods u_u

people who can't wait for people to get over the smallest things. calm down dood u_u

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

So you want game developers to go out of business.

Nice to know. I'd rather them stay in business. I've already told you multiple times that Activision, Square Enix, Capcom and Co don't have any responsibility whatsoever to support a new console if it won't be profitable for them.

Unless a critic's job is to tell you how a game finishes, then I don't see how it's relevant if the game is completed.

I thought readers tended to get upset by spoilers. :-/

Rather than stick some arbitrary "you can't tell if a game is good unless you've finished it" condition, perhaps it would be better to want a critic to play enough of a game to be able to tell you whether it's the kind of game that will appeal to you? Sometimes that means the game needs to be finished. Other times, it doesn't.

So if every single new system had zero third-party support at launch, then there would be no reason to buy it, and the platform holder would have to do all the work themselves. Oh wait, that's already happened with Nintendo multiple times.

Like I said, if developers make games, we will buy the systems. It's about supporting the customer, we are the ones that pay for this stuff. And it's Nintendo's/Sony's/Microsoft's responsibility to ensure good 3rd-party support for their platforms. Otherwise there would be no reason to buy anything.

Look at how Nintendo is scrambling to get developers to support the 3DS and Wii U. They know that they need 3rd-party support to survive; they can't do it all on their own forever.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Birdman

So, today I got back my 3DS from a 2-week adventure to L.A. to fix & prevent the two screens from touching each other. Guess what I noticed on the top screen after opening & closing my 3DS a couple times?

So, to the person who "fixed" my 3DS:

It doesn't really help to have fixed my system if the problem still occurs after you fix it. In the future, please F***ING DO YOUR M*********ING JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! If I send you my 3DS for you to fix, leaving me without it for 2 weeks, you should spend a couple minutes after you've fixed my system to check and make sure the problem won't occur again in the future. My repairs were free, paid out of Nintendo's pocket because my system was not properly manufactured to begin with. What makes you think that 1. It's cost effective to have to fix systems for free because they weren't made right to begin with, and 2. that I somehow enjoy paying $250 for a system plus however much money I've bought in games and software for it (which is in the hundreds and probably somewhere close to, if not more than $500, excluding DS cartridges), only to have to send it in for repairs repeatedly because something is happening that shouldn't that isn't my fault, and the only way I can confirm my package hasn't been lost is by using online package trackers that sometimes don't update my package's whereabouts for DAYS???? I don't ask for a whole lot as a consumer (at least compared to others here on this forum), but I expect more from you, Nintendo. If you want to keep me as a customer, you're gonna have to stop pissing me and others off like this. Well, dinner's up, so, later.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.