Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,108

JoeDiddley

On holiday I was listening to Aphex Twin, his music really sounds in tune with the sound of the waves. Which makes sense.

As autumn approaches I’m also listening to some Bartok. And The soundtracks for SMT III and IV.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

jedgamesguy

I cover some videogame music, especially songs I listen to a lot. The Persona 5 soundtrack, Xenoblade X, 1, 2, Torna to name a few.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Magician

I could go for some pop.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Snatcher

Rookie and popples them I AM LOVING IT!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Magician

It's Friday, LETS DANCE!

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Usually when you see a discussion about Final Fantasy music Nobuo Uemastu is the person you think of by default. However, Masayoshi Soken's track "Order Yet Undeciphered" still melts my brain each time I listen to it. Making me wonder what an entire mainline game would sound like if he were handed the reins?

Edited on by Magician

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Personally, I'm listening to Lofi hip hop Beats to relax/study to! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qap5aO4i9A

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Magician

skywake

The new Flaming Lips, which is actually pretty decent. Probably the first album from them I've liked since The Terror at least. Certainly the sort of music that got me into them in the first place, The Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi etc.

Slightly related, I've been tracking my music listening on last.fm for over a decade which allows me to run a bunch of stats on my music habbits. 2020 has been.... a bit unusual.

Here's one graph I have which shows the rate (self explanatory), range (total number of artists/albums) and rotation (percentage of plays not from my top artists/albums for that period) over the years. It's normalised against a bunch of "random" users I found on last.fm so 0 is an "average" last.fm user. I think it's fair to say I'm listening to a bit more music this year......

Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

@skywake I need to give it a listen, I love seeing them live but I haven’t thought much of the newer albums for awhile now.

In sad news, Toots from Toots & The Maytalls, the inventor of reggae has died from coivd. I saw him a few years and for a guy in his 70s he looked great.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqqp5XoyLE

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

I know EVERYBODY knows Egypt Egypt by Egyptian Lover (sarcasm, but I'd be amused if anyone knew of the song). Who's the better dancer, the background guy with white suspenders or girl front & center? I might have to go with white suspenders guy (also, this song released the same year as Super Mario Bros 1, 1984)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

It's Friday, LETS DANCE!

Late

Listening to Finnish artist BEHM's debut album that came out today.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic