Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,981 to 10,000 of 12,088

Sunsy

Playing the original Sonic the Hedgehog this afternoon, don't know if it's unpopular, it may be a bit of a silly opinion. Even though Sega marketed Sonic back then as cool, I always thought classic Sonic is more on the cuter side. I still do think classic Sonic looks cute, especially with the art style they used on the Japanese boxes for the classic games.

Unpopular opinion, don't know since people consider Sonic cool. Silly opinion, maybe it is.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy I think it goes back in forth between games. Games like dark knight was trying to make him look cool. But other games in my opinion make him look much cuter.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yeah, I think it varies too. Sonic Riders portrayed things in a more cartoon-y way. In that game, Knuckles' eyes spinning in that game is some Saturday morning cartoon stuff.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Oh, I did wonder what you were talking about, @DarthNocturnal ..... Not being a Kirby fan, I'll be skipping that game, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

blindsquirrel

The silent realm in skyward sword is one of the best parts of the game.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ralizah

@WaveBoy That's an interesting, uh, comparison between two wildly different games. Are you playing both at the same time or something?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

blindsquarel wrote:

I think I agree with this actually. I liked Skyward Sword as much as I always do for 3D Zeldas, but its long length and its overworld design feeling intentionally closer to its dungeons, much of the game kinda just feels like one long journey that refuses to end, with the silent realms being a real change of pace that always felt refreshing. (well unless you die and have to restart, that kinda ruins it a bit)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dogorilla

blindsquarel wrote:

Those sections are frustrating when you mess them up but I'm inclined to agree with this purely because of one point where I'd already collected most of the tears and was a long way from the remaining ones when I was spotted by the watchers, but somehow managed to escape them and get to a tear just before they could catch me. That was probably the most satisfying moment of the game.

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

Despite I admit Kirby Forgotten Island Demo version was good but I still think Skylanders games felt better than the newest Kirby game.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

Spoilers for Pokémon legends, I’m probably going to beat it tomorrow, but man the Valo fight is BS, it’s easy when you have the right team, that’s why I said I think I will be able to do it later, but god

For one I think it’s really cool, no kidding it’s Cynthia’s ancestor, what’s not to like, the team is even similar, the valo part is not what I have a problem with, it’s the last bit, where you have to fight said Pokémon, not once, but twice, with the same team, not to mention that stupid thing is going to move twice, killing your Pokémon, and not allowing you to heal jack, (probably need a tank),[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Other then that the fight is cool, I like it a lot actually. This is mostly a vent post because I have been sorta trying for an hour, but lost the fast but because they got to move twice in a row, not like the move list, that is meant to tell me if I will be able to go twice or not didn’t tell me or anything, and it’s not like i will ever be able to move twice in a row myself. Also, valo noooo, why?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

Spoilers for Pokémon legends, I’m probably going to beat it tomorrow, but man the Valo fight is BS, it’s easy when you have the right team, that’s why I said I think I will be able to do it later, but god[spoiler]

For one I think it’s really cool, no kidding it’s Cynthia’s ancestor, what’s not to like, the team is even similar, the valo part is not what I have a problem with, it’s the last bit, where you have to fight said Pokémon, not once, but twice, with the same team, not to mention that stupid thing is going to move twice, killing your Pokémon, and not allowing you to heal jack, (probably need a tank),

[spoiler]Other then that the fight is cool, I like it a lot actually. This is mostly a vent post because I have been sorta trying for an hour, but lost the fast but because they got to move twice in a row, not like the move list, that is meant to tell me if I will be able to go twice or not didn’t tell me or anything, and it’s not like i will ever be able to move twice in a row myself. Also, valo noooo, why?

Yeah the Arceus battle system is weird, between just how hard everything hits and the turn order weirdness, I am really not surprised there is no online for this game, as it would become the meta to use a fast pokemon that can attack like four times in a row with. There'd be no variety, no strategy or tactics. Just like in the actual game, where every battle is just a race to see who can hit first. If people thought Sword and Shield was overly reliant on a rockpaper system, then Arceus is really gonna ruin your day.

I wanted more challenge and proper trainer battles, but that fight in question was so arbitrarily frustrating and such a sharp increase in artificial difficulty, I just gave up. The end game locked behind that fight just sounded so unappealing to me, so all the necessary grinding and slamming against the wall I would need to do to get through that fight (or just the most optimal amount of cheesing) just did not seem worth it.

And I know people seem to love Arceus, but as this is the unpopular opinion thread... I did not. I think Sword and Shield is a significantly better game in basically every way, outside of the ball throwing in Arceus and a few QOL tweaks.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Buizel

Yeah the battle system in Legends Arceus is pretty flawed. It's not so apparent when fighting wild Pokemon (other than some attacks seemingly doing much more/less than you'd expect them to), but I found it extremely noticeable in trainer battles.

One thing that bugged me is that when you defeat a Pokemon, the new Pokemon that is sent in is pretty much guaranteed first move, meaning that they can instantly counter you before you get to switch out.

At least 2'8".

Fizza

@Buizel I do think it's hilarious though how people, ever since the anime came out, have wondered why Pokemon don't just attack more than once. THIS IS THE REASON WHY.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

blindsquirrel

@X-Slayer
Although I love the game, it is pretty easy. The silent realms were a good change of pace. It was also pretty satisfying when I outran six watchers across the map to find that last orb. Basically they provide a nice challenge in a otherwise easy game.

blindsquirrel

@Dogorilla
That exact scenario happened to me yesterday. Honestly it was what solidified my thoughts about the silent realm

blindsquirrel

@Anti-Matter
Skylanders is an absolute legend of a franchise.( although I do admit this is heavy with nostalgia.)

VoidofLight

I don't really see the appeal of Kirby. I've tried to play the games before, but it just doesn't feel satisfying. It's effectively just a platformer for 5 year olds who can't play Mario since it's too hard for them. The new Kirby demo isn't really interesting either. The stages they chose to show off are really uncreative, and pale in comparison to the stuff shown within Super Mario 3D World. The hard difficulty isn't actually hard, and is still extremely easy, at least compared to the other kirby games I've played. I get the fans make a big deal about the darker aspects of the series, but that too lost it's punch. It was fine for like the first game or so, but after a while it stopped being surprising, and just felt like something that was a given for these games. The darker aspects aren't even that dark for a Nintendo game either, so I can't see why it's seen as a masterpiece for it's darker aspects. Xenoblade 2's Torna DLC had a final boss that legit comes out of left field, and is probably darker than any other Kirby final boss I've seen.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

I would say to be fair, Kirby games are built around a large quantity of different power ups that sometimes at least part of a level is built around, but also often needs to be fun for enough of the other powers. So that likely limits the creativity of the stages. (also to be fair, level creativity in 3D World is probably the defining reason 3D World is at all a memorable Mario game in the first place, so yes this Kirby demo isn't as good at being the best part of a specific Mario game)

I think the thing is that comparing Mario to Kirby doesn't entirely make sense. Particularly the Kirby games with a focus on a wide variety of abilities that each have a variety of different moves. By that point, Kirby is arguably closer to a beat-em-up game or even a 2d equivalent to Platinum's games rather than just a platformer. Which I think sums it up well, in that beat-em-ups are generally very simple games, some of which are top tier "anyone can play" type of games, while Platinum depends largely on enjoying the various different moves your character can do to attack enemies.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg And its so odd the improved everything else, but the combat. People talking about wanting a battle tower, and I'm here thinking, you really don't. And you know whats even worse? you take out a pokemon in sword right? and the game tells you that pokemon is coming out, so you switch out, not in this game!

they will pick a pokemon weak to your and one shot your pokemon, you do the same and you one shot there pokemon, not to mention there lucario can move twice! and some of there mon can run move three time! your fighting 8 *#$%& pokemon here! 8!!! With no heals! not to mention half the time, I never get my 2nd turn like I'm told when I do a quick move, so the system lies to me as well, I hope scarlet adds there other battle system back on top of this games new catching mechanics, because online would be ass!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Eh, the battle style is permanently set to "Set" instead of "Switch", which is why they never give you the option to switch out pokemon when your opponent does. Tons of people don't like it, given that they never play with the Set ruleset on, but eh.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic